Windows 10: BSOD when opening certain Specific apps

Discus and support BSOD when opening certain Specific apps in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi! I have a relatively new PC I built less than 90 days ago. I have been building PCs and such for ages now so am pretty versed with Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by cammelspit, May 26, 2016.

1. BSOD when opening certain Specific apps

Hi! I have a relatively new PC I built less than 90 days ago. I have been building PCs and such for ages now so am pretty versed with Windows shenanigans but at this point, I am simply stumped!

ATM it seems every time I open my torrent client (Qbittorrent) I get a BSOD withing a few minutes of opening it. It is predictable too. The error is always a PAGE FAULT I have reinstalled windows on a freshly formatted SSD within the last week to try and curb these problems.

After googling into how to analyze the minidumps, it led me here!

I am the first to admit when I am out of my element here. I am in way over my head trying to understand what the logs say so I am here as a last resort asking for help. I appreciate any insight anyone else can provide and thank you in advance.

:)

cammelspit, May 26, 2016
  2. jcook1963 Win User

MSN probelms with windows 10

Still having issues. Now when I open certain emails (nothing specific some yahoo.com and some msn.com ) msn crashes. Just certain emails with no commonality makes msn crash.

jcook1963, May 26, 2016
  3. Is there any way I can control which browser opens up when I click on a shortcut to a website? (Windows 10)

I meant that I want certain internet addresses to open up on certain browsers. I know how to select a default browser, but then everything opens up on that browser. Specific browser assignment to specific addresses.

GaryVanSlooten, May 26, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD when opening certain Specific apps

Hi cammelspit,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

Please update the drivers of your ASUS network adapter and let me know if that helps *Smile

Code: 0: kd> lmvm bcmwl63a Browse full module list start end module name fffff800`97360000 fffff800`9808d000 bcmwl63a (deferred) Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\bcmwl63a.sys Image name: bcmwl63a.sys Browse all global symbols functions data Timestamp: Sat Sep 19 09:42:15 2015 (55FD11D7) CheckSum: 00B347C8 ImageSize: 00D2D000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

5. OK, so for the first time in a while I am now downloading something, I chose a 12GB test torrent, and it has been open for about 10 minutes so far. I had seen a few people randomly, through all my googling, that had driver problems with their network cards and that caused a BSOD. Since I had the latest driver already installed, I decided to just roll back to an older driver and so far *crosses fingers* it seems ok for the moment. I was too chicken to risk yet another BSOD so I waited for the reply here, besides it was after I made this post.

I can't thank you enough for looking into my logs and helping me out! Jeez, I should really learn more about analyzing these logs myself because I think that could really come in handy. Thank you again, so much! You are a life saver!

I am going to test for a few more hours before I mark this as solved but it looks good!

cammelspit, May 27, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    You're welcome, I would've replied sooner but then I couldn't enjoy posting with my new build *Smile

If you have any question about the logs, I will gladly try to answer them.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD when opening certain Specific apps

1. BSOD when opening certain Specific apps - Similar Threads - BSOD opening certain

2. Blue Screening when opening certain apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screening when opening certain apps: i currently having a problem with bluescreen opening appsheres the minidumpBios Version: LENOVO BGCN31WWwindows 11 Version 23h2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screening-when-opening-certain-apps/b4328dd1-b9b5-408e-9360-729723a7acd4
  3. Blue Screening when opening certain apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screening when opening certain apps: i currently having a problem with bluescreen opening appsheres the minidumpBios Version: LENOVO BGCN31WWwindows 11 Version 23h2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screening-when-opening-certain-apps/b4328dd1-b9b5-408e-9360-729723a7acd4
  4. when i open a certain app, it asks for selecting a specific path. but when the window opens...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i open a certain app, it asks for selecting a specific path. but when the window opens...: here is the problemi had used my gta 5 mod remover as an example. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-open-a-certain-app-it-asks-for-selecting-a/9856de1e-2854-4187-b57d-8e99ab84a796
  5. when i open a certain app, it asks for selecting a specific path. but when the window opens...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when i open a certain app, it asks for selecting a specific path. but when the window opens...: here is the problemi had used my gta 5 mod remover as an example. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-open-a-certain-app-it-asks-for-selecting-a/9856de1e-2854-4187-b57d-8e99ab84a796
  6. CERTAIN SPECIFIC folders wont open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CERTAIN SPECIFIC folders wont open: Hi, i am trying to clear up some space on my computer. There are certain folders recommended by certain websites to be cleared out. They appear to be system folders that come with windows.I DO NOT CARE WHAT IS ESSENTIAL TO THE OPERATION OF WINDOWS. I will figure that out...
  7. Blue Screening when opening certain apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue Screening when opening certain apps: I am constantly blue screening when I open an application and I don't know why. I was able to use that application perfectly fine before then it just randomly stopped working by giving me blue screens. I have a memory dump but I don't understand what it is saying. Microsoft...
  8. Automatically close certain apps when a specific app opens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatically close certain apps when a specific app opens: Hello everyone, I'm trying to make it so some apps close when a specific app opens because the apps running in background take an accessive amount of memory on my computer and affect the performance of my computer. I'm thinking of a program that may be on Powershell or a...
  9. Make it so when a specific app opens another specific app closes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Make it so when a specific app opens another specific app closes: I have some apps that run some background activity and that have a serious toll on how my games perform, and I was wondering if I could automate them closing when I open a certain game and possibly reopen. Thanks submitted by /u/randomnewskills [link] [comments]...
  10. BSOD when opening an specific Windows Store App (EarTrumpet)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when opening an specific Windows Store App (EarTrumpet): So I'm with this strange problem of BSOD "kernel security check failure". It always happens when I try to use "EarTrumpet" App from Windows Store. I try with Windows 10 RTM 14393 up to date, and now with preview build 14931... Both had the problem. PC: AMD fx6300...