Windows 10: BSOD when opening/logging into discord app?

Discus and support BSOD when opening/logging into discord app? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've recently got a laptop and it's constantly coming up with the blue screen every time I open and log into discord. Stop code: Service system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kwldog, May 7, 2021.

1. Kwldog Win User

BSOD when opening/logging into discord app?

I've recently got a laptop and it's constantly coming up with the blue screen every time I open and log into discord. Stop code: Service system exceptionaktikmdag.sys failed

:)

Kwldog, May 7, 2021

2. Windows BSOD on using Discord.

Hello,

I've been using discord regularly and for some time when I use the discord app after 2 minutes or even hitting the screen share button on discord I get BSOD. I checked the event log and there seems to be a pattern.

BSOD when opening/logging into discord app? 0dd33ba3-2d0c-4455-b21f-3d880cc24c6c?upload=true.png

As you can see the DCHP runs normally and it runs fine. As soon as DCHPV6 is triggered I get the BSOD bug check.

I ran memtest and ram is good.

I disabled the IpV6 Protocol in the network and sharing test and it did nothing.

I use the discord on firefox and it works fine there. I thought it was audio and driver issues so I reset the windows too and even after reinstalling new windows I get the same BSOD.

Please help.

SrikumarGovardhanagiri, May 7, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. BSOD when opening/logging into discord app? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, May 7, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

discord

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues in downloading Discord app on your computer. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• What is the complete error message that you receive when you try to install Discord?

If you are using an anti-virus, I would suggest you to disable it temporarily and check.

Note: If you disable the security software or firewall, the system might be temporarily exposed to security threats and risks. Please make sure to turn it on after performing the steps.

If disabling the anti-virus doesn’t help, we can perform a Clean Boot on the computer.

Performing a clean boot will start the computer with minimal set of drivers and programs, to determine whether a background program is causing the issue. Some of the Startup programs will not load after performing a clean boot on the computer.
    However, that functionality will return when you reset the computer to start normally after finishing the troubleshooting.

To perform a clean boot on the computer refer to the article How to perform a
    clean boot in Windows

If performing a clean boot fixes the issue then, please refer to the section
    How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot
    to check which program is causing the issue.

Note: Please refer the section Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    to boot the computer in to normal mode after troubleshooting.

If Clean Boot doesn’t work, we can create a new user account and check.
    Refer the article Create
    a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

You can also try removing the left over files of Discord by following the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Window logo key + R to open Run window.
    2. Type %appdata% and press
      Enter
    3. From the path that will open delete the %AppData%/Discord and %LocalAppData%/Discord folders.
    4. Restart your computer in the end.

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 7, 2021
Thema:

1. BSOD when opening/logging into discord app? - Similar Threads - BSOD opening logging

2. BSOD when opening discord app!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when opening discord app!: Hello,Yesterday I was doing some clean on my gf pc, removing dust and all the components. She has a R5 340 amd radeon 2gb GPU but I wanted to change it to a GTX 750 4gb.I replaced the GPU and start the pc again when suddenly I got a lot of BSOD,I managed to solve some of the...
  3. BSOD when opening discord app!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when opening discord app!: Hello,Yesterday I was doing some clean on my gf pc, removing dust and all the components. She has a R5 340 amd radeon 2gb GPU but I wanted to change it to a GTX 750 4gb.I replaced the GPU and start the pc again when suddenly I got a lot of BSOD,I managed to solve some of the...
  4. BSOD when opening discord app!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. discord freezes/BSoDs my computer when i am in a call on the discord app and playing games HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    discord freezes/BSoDs my computer when i am in a call on the discord app and playing games HELP: discords app AND JUST THE APP VERSION keeps giving my computer a BSoD/freezing it when I am in the app on a call and playing games. but the website works fine. I have done many tests to show it isn't my CPU, GPU, or RAM issues. TLDR freezes my PC and I need to hold down the...
  6. discord freezes/BSoDs my computer when i am in a call on the discord app and playing games HELP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    discord freezes/BSoDs my computer when i am in a call on the discord app and playing games HELP: discords app AND JUST THE APP VERSION keeps giving my computer a BSoD/freezing it when I am in the app on a call and playing games. but the website works fine. I have done many tests to show it isn't my CPU, GPU, or RAM issues. TLDR freezes my PC and I need to hold down the...
  7. 0xc0000135 error when opening Discord

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    0xc0000135 error when opening Discord: I recently did a disk cleanup and now I can't open Discord and some other programs, they just show a "The application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000135. Click OK to close the application.". I also tried...
  8. When I open Discord, several world files opens

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When I open Discord, several world files opens: When I click on Discord to open it, automatically several new Word files opens. I think this issue showed up after I did a system restore from a recovery point due to a Windows update that spoiled my internet connection. I have shortcuts to both the Discord app and Microsoft...
  9. Several New Word Documents open when Opening Discord

in Windows 10 Customization
    Several New Word Documents open when Opening Discord: Hello! In the last few days or so I've had a very weird issue that I've never seen before. I run Windows 10. On my taskbar I have shortcuts to both the Discord app and Microsoft Word. When I turn my laptop on, I click the Discord shortcut to open it. Discord will open, but so...
  10. When I open my laptop, three apps (Discord, Spotify and Chromium) open automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I open my laptop, three apps (Discord, Spotify and Chromium) open automatically: Hi. When I open my laptop, three apps (Discord, Spotify and Chromium) open automatically and I have no flipping idea how to fix it. I searched everywhere and I couldn't find it. The main question: How do we control which apps we want to open automatically when we login to...