Windows 10: BSOD when opening speccy.

Discus and support BSOD when opening speccy. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Formatted yesterday using an iso and so far I've tried opening speccy.exe which is a freeware utility and sometimes it crashes giving a bsod. Any help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GoodTimesAhead, Aug 24, 2015.

1. BSOD when opening speccy.

Formatted yesterday using an iso and so far I've tried opening speccy.exe which is a freeware utility and sometimes it crashes giving a bsod. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

GoodTimesAhead, Aug 24, 2015

2. Blue Screen of Death in Windows 10

I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 12 days ago and like everyday, I was trying to run Speccy. Just when I clicked on the icon to open Speccy and then clicked on Yes in UAC prompt, my PC restarted and I got BSoD with the error message "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    (cpuz138_x64.sys). What's wrong? What should I do?

Nil Mustafi, Aug 24, 2015
  3. BSOD Win 10 KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

I suddenly got this BSOD for the first time on my brand new Asus notebook. What could the problem be?

Here: Error you can find driver info, speccy info, minidump, etc.

Please help.

Kind regards

p.s. I now figured out it only happens when I open Photoshop.

edit: When I hold shift while opening, the KERNEL BSOD doesnt appear...however after a few seconds the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD appears. Minidump has been added to the dropbox folder.

edit: Bluescreenview tells me hal.dll and ntoskrnl.exe are causing the BSOD's.

Maxvector9, Aug 24, 2015
  4. derekimo Win User

BSOD when opening speccy.

Welcome to the forum,

Yeah, it's actually the CPU-z part of it that crashes,

Code: Could not read faulting driver nameProbably caused by : cpuz138_x64.sys ( cpuz138_x64+24a2 ) Loaded symbol image file: cpuz138_x64.sys Image path: \??\C:\Users\Giorgos\AppData\Local\Temp\cpuz138\cpuz138_x64.sys Image name: cpuz138_x64.sys Timestamp: Thu Oct 23 08:03:05 2014 (544918A9) CheckSum: 0000B4BC ImageSize: 0000A000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] Uninstall speccy and make sure that driver is removed from the location I highlighted above.

That's a hidden folder so you need to unhide it,

Hidden Files and Folders - Show or Hide - Windows 7 Help Forums

You can try the portable version of Speccy and see if that doesn't crash.

Speccy - Builds

derekimo, Aug 24, 2015
  5. So I uninstalled and deleted the .sys file but when trying the portable version the .sys file comes back in the same location.

GoodTimesAhead, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD when opening speccy.

1. BSOD when opening speccy. - Similar Threads - BSOD opening speccy

2. Speccy stuck analyzing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speccy stuck analyzing: I was told to post a speccy snapshot on another forum to troubleshoot a freezing issue with Final Fantasy XIV but I am unable to do so. Despite the fact that I have an 8 core processor and 16 GB of ram, speccy always gets stuck on "analyzing" indefinitely. I have waited over...
  3. Speccy download error

Speccy download error: Hello, Microsoft and all around, I am having errors with downloading Speccy, Fast, lightweight, advanced system information tool for your PC. I have tried everything possible. Can you help? Jamie...
  4. BSOD Finding and Fixing them (DMP+MSinfo+Speccy XML)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Finding and Fixing them (DMP+MSinfo+Speccy XML): Hello I get BSOD when search for file in a hard drive. And sometime while watching a video with VLC. below is my link to my BSOD.rar with all DMP files MSinfo32 file and Speccy XML of the system spec. please advice. thank you...
  5. Speccy New Version

Speccy New Version: Speccy has been updated to 1.32.740. Here's the changelog: - Improved SSD detection for newer SSD devices - Improved SSD detection for laptops - Added new Privacy menu - Fixed a bug where the Speccy uninstaller was removing text and log files from the C: drive Download....
  6. Speccy

Speccy: This is a program I had on W7 That W10 took off when I upgraded. 52298
  7. Speccy

Speccy: I read early on there were issues with Speccy and Windows 10. Is this still the case or is it safe to install? 40562
  8. Speccy problem

Speccy problem: Anyone else having issues with Speccy? Every time I launch it, it just hangs and pc becomes unresponsive forcing me to restart. I did notice when i first upgraded to Win 10 that it was initially removed. 61251
  9. BSOD when games are open.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when games are open.: Hi, I'm getting BSOD a few times each week, only when I'm inside a game. I've ran the dump program Attachment 139328 . I also got memory.dmp files from the last crash. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1e) This is a very common bugcheck. Usually the exception address...
  10. System Freezing When i Open Speccy to Check Temps

in Windows 10 Support
    System Freezing When i Open Speccy to Check Temps: Why does system freeze when I open Speccy, is Avast conflicting with it? almost everytime I open it, it freezes up the entire PC, then displays the temps after a few minutes, finally comes upfrozen If Avast is conflicting, i'm willing to use Windows Defender,...