Windows 10: BSOD when PC is idle - never when in use

Discus and support BSOD when PC is idle - never when in use in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Getting a "Video_Memory_Management_Internal" BSOD when my pc is idle. I ran the BSOD tool provided by your site and have realised that instead of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by horribad54, Jun 21, 2017.

1. BSOD when PC is idle - never when in use

Getting a "Video_Memory_Management_Internal" BSOD when my pc is idle. I ran the BSOD tool provided by your site and have realised that instead of switching itself off when idle as per my own energy settings the PC seems to be blue screening. I only noticed by "catching the pc in the act" otherwise I would have just assumed that the pc was going to sleep. As you can see there are loads of them, perhaps more than the 50 in the zip file - I assume 50 is the default that the tool pulls? I've put all my PC specs in my profile so hopefully that is also visible to you.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

horribad54, Jun 21, 2017

2. Store_Exception error on BSOD

Not only store_exception but also i get critical_process_died bsod and computer reboots on its own. it mostly happens when the computer is idle for few minutes.I have never encountered bsod before. this is happening since i have cleaned up :c drive

Tanjim Mostafa, Jun 21, 2017
  3. Help trying to find cause, and fix BSOD's

I have been having BSOD's since about the end of January. They mostly happen when the PC is idle. (Never happens during constant use)

I feel it is probably a driver issue, as when I have tried to run verifier, it goes into a BSOD loop that I needed to use safe mode to bug out. And because of password issues, I almost was not able to stop the verifier, so I am not too keen to try that again..

I have used chkdsk, memtest, and a lot of other things over the past month or so, and nothing seems to work.

Here is a few dump files Dump ZIPs.zip

Thanks BSOD when PC is idle - never when in use :)

michaelb15, Jun 21, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

BSOD when PC is idle - never when in use

The log files suggest you are running pirated software and have bypassed Windows activation. I know it seems harsh to withhold support when we suspect this is the case but unfortunately the forum rules state that no piracy or discussion is allowed. If you can clean out all traces of this, install a legal copy of windows and submit a new set of files then we can look again.

The other problem is that people who use software illegally may be unwittingly affecting their systems in ways that introduce unexpected behaviours - therefore, troubleshooting such systems is avoided by most analysts.

philc43, Jun 21, 2017
  5. No problem.

I installed the free upgrade way back when it was released but it messed up somehow and I wasn't able to revert so I just cracked it. I'm starting to wonder if it's the crack itself that's causing the problems as you, perhaps, may have hinted.

Thank you for your time regardless.

horribad54, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD when PC is idle - never when in use

1. BSOD when PC is idle - never when in use - Similar Threads - BSOD idle never

2. BSOD when idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when idle: I recently bought a MSI PRO Z690-A for a upgrade. Did a clean install on a new SSD and installed the drivers. Now i keep getting random BSOD, when idle. I reinstalled the newest BIOS, windows update and drivers. I still keep getting a BSOD after this, it comes with the...
  3. BSOD when idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when idle: I recently bought a MSI PRO Z690-A for a upgrade. Did a clean install on a new SSD and installed the drivers. Now i keep getting random BSOD, when idle. I reinstalled the newest BIOS, windows update and drivers. I still keep getting a BSOD after this, it comes with the...
  4. BSOD when idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD when idle

BSOD when idle: Hi! my pc often gets BSOD when it's idle but not when playing games. Here's a link to the minidumps https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmO4zR09_hDiixqEPHxxZDdMZeop?e=aWPaPuAny help would be great! Thanks!...
  6. BSOD when idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when idle: Hi! my pc often gets BSOD when it's idle but not when playing games. Here's a link to the minidumps https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmO4zR09_hDiixqEPHxxZDdMZeop?e=aWPaPuAny help would be great! Thanks!...
  7. BSOD when idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. BSoD when idle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSoD when idle: Hello guys, recently my PC started BSoD frequently, as soon as it goes idle. When I wake up, it's on the logon screen. I could see it happening a few times, and I got irql_not_less_or_equal and some other code I cant remember right now. Also in event viewer, I get...
  9. BSODs when PC left idle

BSODs when PC left idle: Hello, A few months ago I was getting extremely frequent BSODs. I ended up reinstalling Windows 10 and that seemed to solve the problem. A few weeks later however and they are coming back. A consistent pattern is that they happen when I leave the PC idle for longer than a...
  10. Bsod when idle...

Bsod when idle...: i,ve been having this issue with my pc since i upgraded it from windows 7 to 10 ...bsod when im away or not doing anything on the pc ,and last week i tride to do a defrag the drive and it happend also .. the error code moslty says critical process died .. i did SFC and tried...