Windows 10: BSOD when PC wakes from sleep after windows update

Discus and support BSOD when PC wakes from sleep after windows update in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello! I have an MSI GE65 Raider 9SE Laptop running the latest version of Windows 10. However, everything was going smoothly until I updated Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by LorD AsBaaT, Apr 1, 2021.

1. BSOD when PC wakes from sleep after windows update

Hello!

I have an MSI GE65 Raider 9SE Laptop running the latest version of Windows 10. However, everything was going smoothly until I updated Windows to the latest version. Now, whenever I put my laptop to sleep and wake it up, it wakes up with a blue screen of death saying "page fault in non-paged area". I have conducted CPU, GPU and RAM stress test, the laptop works fine. I have even used the windows memory diagnostic tool but it returned with no errors. The laptop works fine the only time I get a BSOD is when I wake it up after sleep.

I have attached the dump files here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oUZv2B0y2Q4iprcsbLuoWPe0cCe1x8xw/view?usp=sharing

Lastly, I'm sorry if I didn't put this question in the correct format. It's my first post here. Let me know if you need additional information from me.

Thank you very much,

Asbaat

:)

LorD AsBaaT, Apr 1, 2021

2. BSOD due to netadaptercx.sys after waking the PC from Sleep

Hi Prakhar,

The steps you suggested did not solve the problem. I am still experiencing the BSOD when waking the computer from sleep. If you have an other suggestions they'd be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Chris

ChrisBarber2, Apr 1, 2021
  3. Troubleshooting PCs spontaneously waking from sleep

I've also battled with sleep/wake issues over the years, and from experience have learned that trying to find, or rationalise, the root cause is a waste of time. All you need is `powercfg`.

`powercfg -devicequery wake_armed` from an Administrator PowerShell window/Command Prompt will give you a list of all devices that can possibly wake the PC. This command is interesting because very often, it will show devices that you'd never expect being able to wake your computer. I think in one instance I had the chipset device listed!

`powercfg -devicedisablewake "device_name_from_device_query"`will prevent said device from ever waking the computer. This command is 100% the only thing I have found that will resolve sleep/wake problems. Updating drivers, unplugging peripherals, switching to a cleaner power supply (UPS), changing ethernet cables... none of those have helped, yet`powercfg -devicedisablewake` has done the trick.

Note that occasionally, devices you have disabled wake for may start waking up the PC again - this happens if you plug a USB device into a different port, or occasionally when drivers are updated, because Windows sees it as a new device. In that case rerun `powercfg` to find and disable that device again.

If this does not resolve your wake issues, I would start looking at power fluctuations.

Assimilator, Apr 1, 2021
  4. Valantar Win User

BSOD when PC wakes from sleep after windows update

Troubleshooting PCs spontaneously waking from sleep

First off: I tried disabling wake-up by the mouse on both PCs and disabling USB Selective Suspend too, to no avail.
    Thanks, I'll definitely look into that. Good to know that powercfg can list all wake-enabled devices, 'cause when I went through all ... eight-ish PCI-to-PCI bridge devices in Device Manager, none of them had wake events listed (in the "events" tab under Properties), which doesn't quite add up with one/more of them waking the PC a dozen or so times over the last few days. Of course, they don't even have the option to enable/disable waking the PC in the properties menu. I'll take a look at disabling a bunch of stuff through powercfg once I get home from work.

Sorry if I came across as rude, but honestly, your reply did not at all indicate that you'd read my post in the first place. I said I'd been looking at wake-up history in the Windows event log, and I listed several of the devices cited there as having woken up the PC. If you came away with the impression that I hadn't investigated this thoroughly, I suppose I might not have been clear enough, but it's all there in the post. While powercfg does give out some more detail (device IDs and such) than Event Viewer, it only lists the last wake-up, and as such doesn't really help in this instance, as it's clearly not a single device at fault, and tracking wake-ups over time seems more useful. Also, figuring out how to view wake-up events in the Event Log is what you do after you've concluded that powercfg isn't giving you enough information *Wink BSOD when PC wakes from sleep after windows update ;)

Valantar, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

BSOD when PC wakes from sleep after windows update

1. BSOD when PC wakes from sleep after windows update - Similar Threads - BSOD wakes sleep

2. BSOD when PC wakes up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when PC wakes up from sleep: Hello,Since a few weeks i'm running into the issue of my pc having a blue screen when I wake it up from sleep, this is pretty irritating since the pc always has to restart after waking up and it takes long. I'm not a tech guy so I would really appreciate if someone can help...
  3. BSOD when PC wakes up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when PC wakes up from sleep: Hello,Since a few weeks i'm running into the issue of my pc having a blue screen when I wake it up from sleep, this is pretty irritating since the pc always has to restart after waking up and it takes long. I'm not a tech guy so I would really appreciate if someone can help...
  4. BSODS When Waking PC from Sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODS When Waking PC from Sleep: Hello,TL:DR Newly built PC BSODs every few days after waking, have tried almost everything.I will do my best to explain everything here in detail.I ordered all the parts and built the PC about 2 months ago.Specs:The specsRyzen 5600xAsus B550-F wifi32GB Hyper X Fury DDR4...
  5. BSOD when PC wakes up from sleep

BSOD when PC wakes up from sleep: Hi guys, so my PC has always been doing this. 1 in 3 or 4 wake up form sleep the PC will restart itself, and creating the dmp below. I have tried everything. From memory test, reinatalling GPU drivers, using old drivers, even doing a restart function with Windows, which kept...
  6. BSOD when waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD when waking from sleep: Whenever my computer sleeps it gives me a BSOD with a "THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER" code Here are my dump files and system info. https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApvOHIqH5IbxgYUnOTNC3F5PHkQ3BQ?e=4b60Ob...
  7. BSOD after pc wakes up from sleep

BSOD after pc wakes up from sleep: For the past few weeks I have been getting bsod when ever put my pc to sleep and after a few seconds or minutes I get DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE bsod. I updated windows and all the drivers on my pc and but am still getting bsod. One thing to note is I have malwarebytes...
  8. BSOD when waking from sleep

BSOD when waking from sleep: Hi I have had this problem for some months now. While I can put the computer to sleep, each time I wake it up it causes a BSOD. I have followed many threads about this. some suggesting it is video driver problem. So I uninstalled and reinstalled my Nvidia driver but the...
  9. BSOD When Waking from Sleep

BSOD When Waking from Sleep: Just built a new computer. All of the drives and the Windows installation is the same as in the old system. I don't know if the issue would have occurred in the old system as I never tried to put my computer to sleep. I was getting one BSOD when waking from sleep (something...
  10. BSOD when waking from sleep

BSOD when waking from sleep: Greetings forum, Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, I've been seeing BSODs about once a month when waking my desktop from sleep. I would greatly appreciate any help on this matter. I've never encountered this on Windows 8.1. I've attached the zip file as instructed...