Windows 10: BSOD when performing normal tasks; I cannot run safe mode

Discus and support BSOD when performing normal tasks; I cannot run safe mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently started getting BSOD.“KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED” with no driver information listed in brackets. This happens on its own, about 5-10 after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HubsMcGubs, May 6, 2020.

1. BSOD when performing normal tasks; I cannot run safe mode

Recently started getting BSOD.“KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED” with no driver information listed in brackets. This happens on its own, about 5-10 after loading windows. Tried changing the power settings to disable fast startup, no luck. Tried running the PC in safe mode, and once I get the option to press F5 or F4, safe mode with networking and safe mode tried both several times, I receive the BSOD with the same stop code.
    I checked my most recently installed updates, and the latest was a Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version 1.315.153.0

This update was installed at the exact time I received the inital BSOD.

I do not have the option listed to uninstall this update. Furthermore, when I attempt to turn Antivirus off, i receive the BSOD immediately; like it’s triggering it.

PC is brand new, purchased last week and have the latest windows and driver updates. No AV software outside of windows. Other than Windows Defender Antivirus software updates, i have had no updates since 4/25/20.

:)

HubsMcGubs, May 6, 2020
  2. coopfab Win User

Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally

I'm running Win 10 Pro 1903.

Here are the steps I have taken to get into safe mode: Start button, settings, update and security, recovery, advanced startup, troubleshoot, advanced options, startup settings, restart. The computer boots normally, not in safe mode. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks in advance for your help and interest. .

coopfab, May 6, 2020
  3. Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...

Good Evening,
    I could do with some pointers on resolving an issue. I can only boot into windows in safe mode in Windows 10. Normal mode and safe mode with networking doesn't work. The problem occurred after a windows update. I have removed the latest updates that were installed and cleared any pending ones but it still won't boot properly. I have also run the troubleshooter and tried to recovery to an earlier date which also doesn't work.
    The laptop is a HP ENVY 17 notebook. At boot it just gets to the HP logo with the circular loading icon and no further and can only boot it into safe mode. Can anyone recommend the next steps? I have also tried the following;

• stopping startup items
    • uninstalling hardware drivers
    • removing recent software
    • running troubleshooters at boot
    • sfc scan
    • diagnostic/selective startups with minimal services running
    Would the fact that I cant boot into Safe Mode with Networking imply its a network driver related issue?
    Bit of a dead end really, any help would be much appreciated
    Kind regards
    Trevor

trevstonbury, May 6, 2020
  4. BSOD when performing normal tasks; I cannot run safe mode

Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10  

I am stuck in Safe Mode in spite of following all the suggested steps to go back to Normal Startup - Like opening file location of msconfig.exe & running as Administrator. The computer I am trying to get out of safe mode has just been updated from Windows 7.

GreatWhiteNorth, May 6, 2020
Thema:

BSOD when performing normal tasks; I cannot run safe mode

1. BSOD when performing normal tasks; I cannot run safe mode - Similar Threads - BSOD performing normal

2. Is it normal for it to revert to "Safe Mode" when I switch to Admin user ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it normal for it to revert to "Safe Mode" when I switch to Admin user ?: I am trying to transition from 7 to 10. I got some error messages, and the Micro transition tool did not work so I purchased a 10 package and utilized the chat help, but when it got to the point he needed Admin access, I tried to switch users to Admin but then got Safe Mode....
  3. Is it normal for it to revert to "Safe Mode" when I switch to Admin user ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it normal for it to revert to "Safe Mode" when I switch to Admin user ?: I am trying to transition from 7 to 10. I got some error messages, and the Micro transition tool did not work so I purchased a 10 package and utilized the chat help, but when it got to the point he needed Admin access, I tried to switch users to Admin but then got Safe Mode....
  4. Windows Installer service NOT startable in normal mode, runs fine in safe mode with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Installer service NOT startable in normal mode, runs fine in safe mode with...: Hello, since about a month ago, I am unable to install any program that uses the Windows installer msiserver during the installation in normal mode.In the service overview services.msc the service is shown as stopped and the start mode is manual.Any attempt to start the...
  5. Windows Installer service NOT startable in normal mode, runs fine in safe mode with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Installer service NOT startable in normal mode, runs fine in safe mode with...: Hello, since about a month ago, I am unable to install any program that uses the Windows installer msiserver during the installation in normal mode.In the service overview services.msc the service is shown as stopped and the start mode is manual.Any attempt to start the...
  6. Multiple BSODs in normal, safe mode works

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple BSODs in normal, safe mode works: Hi I can get into Safe Mode but in normal I just get constant BSODs I have tested RAM, Motherboard and changed drivers, reinstalled windows multiple times but same thing keeps happening Please help Many Thanks Tom...
  7. Cannot sign in when in safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot sign in when in safe mode: I had a flickering screen on my laptop so attempted to start up in safe mode by using windows + r and the boot tab. Then couldn't sign back in from the sign in screen. I tried resetting my Microsoft account password which worked to sign in to this site on my PC but my laptop...
  8. Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally: I'm running Win 10 Pro 1903. Here are the steps I have taken to get into safe mode: Start button, settings, update and security, recovery, advanced startup, troubleshoot, advanced options, startup settings, restart. The computer boots normally, not in safe mode. Any...
  9. Windows 10 BSOD in Normal Mode but Stable in Safe Mode

Windows 10 BSOD in Normal Mode but Stable in Safe Mode: Specs:i5-6600kGIGABYTE GA-Z170-MX 5 GAMING --> MSI Z270M MortarSamsung EVO 850 250GB SSDCorsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz 16GB (2x8GB)WD 1TB HDD I installed some NVIDIA GTX1070 drivers around 2-3 months ago, and a week later I began to experience BSODs, usually...
  10. Random BSOD when performing normal tasks.

Random BSOD when performing normal tasks.: Hello, I've built a PC for my parents in August, since then they have been getting random BSODs every day. I went to search on the internet to find the problem, looked at it with BlueScreenView, but I do not understand dumpfiles good enough to find the issue myself. I...