Windows 10: BSOD when playing Apex Legends

Discus and support BSOD when playing Apex Legends in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, my PC has been getting a BSOD from time to time when I play apex and I'm wondering if anyone is able to pull the logs to my minidump file so I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by beyondpotato, May 2, 2022.

1. BSOD when playing Apex Legends

Hi, my PC has been getting a BSOD from time to time when I play apex and I'm wondering if anyone is able to pull the logs to my minidump file so I can go troubleshoot. Thanks!Minidump file can be found herehttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1z8L3II5OmuH69guaiCDyH3-vyLf5y_g3/view?usp=sharing

:)

beyondpotato, May 2, 2022

2. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSODs while playing Apex Legends

After building my new desktop on the 1st of March, 2021, I have been running into occasional BSODs specifically whilst playing Apex Legends. My play sessions can range from 30 minutes to a few hours before I run into another BSOD in a later play session (could be the subsequent session or even another session when I play a few days later). The error code for my BSODs so far has always been WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR and despite searching this error up on my own, I still struggle to see which specific hardware could be causing this issue to occur on a newly built PC.

The methods that I have tried so far are updating my BIOS and drivers, repairing Windows 10 with an In-Place Upgrade, resetting my settings on my BIOS to its optimised defaults and manual clocking my CPU Clock Speed to 4300MHz and CPU Voltage to 1.35 volts via the AMD Ryzen Master Application. The first three methods have unfortunately not succeeded in fixing the issue permanently for me so far and the manual clocking method is the most recent method that I have been currently testing since yesterday. I have so far not ran into any BSODs whilst playing Apex Legends but am still worried about what the specific issue is with my PC.

My current Windows Version number is 20H2 (OS Build 19042.867).

SummitBeep, May 2, 2022
  3. WraithTO Win User
    BSOD while playing Apex legends

Hey, is it possible, that only while playing APEX LEGENDS my pc tends to freeze/BSOD my whole computer?

Followed by weird behaviour, i.e my pc afterwards will boot without all devices recognized, what I mean by that is that after my pc freezes I have to restart it manually and my pc
    reboots, but no monitor,keyboard,mouse,second monitor are recognized so I have to hard reset it again. I've tried reinstalling pc, reseting pc to factory (removed all apps), bought new GPU, playing with only one RAM at the time.

Sometimes my PC just freezes so I need to hard reset it

if I get BSOD its usually followed by another BSOD in this order:

1. IRQL sth not less or equal

2. SERVICE EXCEPTION sth

My temps are fine, psu is 550 and I have 1080 gtx, it was happening on 1060 as well.

It should by obvious by the title but if I play any other game, everything is okay, I've tried Battlefront 2, counter-strike GO.

thank you for your answer.

WraithTO, May 2, 2022
  4. BSOD when playing Apex Legends

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSODs while playing Apex Legends

Updating this thread that earlier I unfortunately ran into another BSOD whilst playing Apex Legends. However, this time it was different as the BSOD was followed up by another screen from my BIOS alerting me that my CPU is overheating. For context, I am still using my stock cooler (AMD Wraith STEALTH) and wanted to ask if my stock cooler is perhaps not powerful enough for my PC build and needs to be upgraded? Otherwise, what other solutions are there to lower the CPU temperature into regular ranges?

- - - Updated - - -

Another update, I have reapplied thermal paste on my CPU and will post further updates if there are any more issues/BSODs that arise afterwards.

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately in my most recent Apex Legends session just before, I encountered two identical BSODs in which both encounters also followed up with a subsequent BIOS screen indicating that my CPU is overheating. However, since I already reapplied my thermal paste, I am considering buying a more powerful aftermarket CPU cooler. Is this a good idea or are there any other alternatives instead?

SummitBeep, May 2, 2022
Thema:

BSOD when playing Apex Legends

1. BSOD when playing Apex Legends - Similar Threads - BSOD playing Apex

2. BSOD when playing Apex Legends

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when playing Apex Legends: My drivers and windows are all updated but when I play Apex, 10-15 minutes into playing, my pc would get the blue screen saying it ran into some problems and automatically restart. I play on the lowest settings when my pc should be able to play on higher settings. I've tried...
  3. BSOD when playing Apex Legends

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when playing Apex Legends: My drivers and windows are all updated but when I play Apex, 10-15 minutes into playing, my pc would get the blue screen saying it ran into some problems and automatically restart. I play on the lowest settings when my pc should be able to play on higher settings. I've tried...
  4. BSOD when playing Apex Legends

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD when playing Apex Legends

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when playing Apex Legends: Hi, my PC has been getting a BSOD from time to time when I play apex and I'm wondering if anyone is able to pull the logs to my minidump file so I can go troubleshoot. Thanks!Minidump file can be found...
  6. BSOD when playing Apex Legends

BSOD when playing Apex Legends: Hi, my PC has been getting a BSOD from time to time when I play apex and I'm wondering if anyone is able to pull the logs to my minidump file so I can go troubleshoot. Thanks!Minidump file can be found...
  7. BSOD while playing Apex Legends

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while playing Apex Legends: Hello. I am facing constant BSOD crashes while playing Apex Legends. The error I get is "PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA". I have run memory diagnostics and everything comes back clean. Can somebody help me with this issue? I also have mini dumps available of these crashes....
  8. BSOD while playing Apex Legends

BSOD while playing Apex Legends: Hello. I am facing constant BSOD crashes while playing Apex Legends. The error I get is "PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA". I have run memory diagnostics and everything comes back clean. Can somebody help me with this issue? I also have mini dumps available of these crashes....
  9. BSOD while playing Apex Legends

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. BSOD while playing Apex legends

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while playing Apex legends: Hey, is it possible, that only while playing APEX LEGENDS my pc tends to freeze/BSOD my whole computer? Followed by weird behaviour, i.e my pc afterwards will boot without all devices recognized, what I mean by that is that after my pc freezes I have to restart it...