Windows 10: BSOD when playing certain games

Discus and support BSOD when playing certain games in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I've recently been suffering from IRQL Not Equal or Less BSOD when playing Solasta Crown of the Magister on GamePass.I had recently reinstalled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by josh curley1, Jul 16, 2022.

1. BSOD when playing certain games

Hello, I've recently been suffering from IRQL Not Equal or Less BSOD when playing Solasta Crown of the Magister on GamePass.I had recently reinstalled Windows 10 because I was encountering BSODs only when playing certain games, including No Man's Sky on GamePass and V Rising on Steam.After the reinstall, V Rising was fine, though I haven't tried No Man's Sky since. I hadn't encountered any problems for several weeks but the last couple days I've tried to play Solasta with my girlfriend and it's happened here. Error codes prior to the reinstall weren't consistent, as I had a faulty RAM stick, b

:)

josh curley1, Jul 16, 2022

2. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 16, 2022
  3. Afif_M Win User
    Windows 10 BSOD while playing certain games

Hi Sumit

Thanks for the solution but it BSOD again when I tried playing just now.

I removed all Nvidia drivers with the DDU in safe mode and downloaded the latest driver from Nvidia.

I'm attaching the latest dump file along my system info if that helps:

Items Shared on 11-7-2019

Weird thing is that it only happens on certain games. I was playing another game (not really graphically intensive but still average) and it didn't BSOD at all for my playtime about 3 plus hours.

Afif_M, Jul 16, 2022
  4. Plaplace Win User

BSOD when playing certain games

I get BSOD's when playing certain games; Deus Ex Mankind Divided, Civilization VI, and Witcher 3. However, I don't get BSOD's when playing Crysis 3, or Call of Duty Infinite Warfare. The driver that's causing it is Hal.dll. My PSU is new, and I ran the windows memory test and it reported no errors. I'm at a loss. Crash file is attached.

Windows 10 - Operating System
    CPU - i5-4590
    GTX 960
    16gb Ram (Hyper Fury)

Plaplace, Jul 16, 2022
Thema:

1. BSOD when playing certain games - Similar Threads - BSOD playing certain

2. Computer BSOD when playing certain games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer BSOD when playing certain games: When playing games sometimes, such as Fortnite, Valorant, Cyberpunk 2077, or Apex Legends, my PC will often bluescreen upon opening the game or going into a lobby. I am unsure the cause of this and cannot figure it out, but made a post about it before that did not get a reply...
  3. BSOD when playing certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when playing certain games: Hello, I've recently been suffering from IRQL Not Equal or Less BSOD when playing Solasta Crown of the Magister on GamePass.I had recently reinstalled Windows 10 because I was encountering BSODs only when playing certain games, including No Man's Sky on GamePass and V Rising...
  4. BSOD when playing certain games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when playing certain games: Hello, I've recently been suffering from IRQL Not Equal or Less BSOD when playing Solasta Crown of the Magister on GamePass.I had recently reinstalled Windows 10 because I was encountering BSODs only when playing certain games, including No Man's Sky on GamePass and V Rising...
  5. BSOD only when playing certain games!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD only when playing certain games!!!: I have been having a BSOD issue every couple weeks where I will start up specific games and within an hour or two, I experience a BSOD crash. I am not sure of what to do as my research capabilities comprehension really... has hit a brick wall. I have attached my Minidump...
  6. BSOD only when playing certain games!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD only when playing certain games!!!: I have been having a BSOD issue every couple weeks where I will start up specific games and within an hour or two, I experience a BSOD crash. I am not sure of what to do as my research capabilities comprehension really... has hit a brick wall. I have attached my Minidump...
  7. BSOD only when playing certain games!!!

8. BSOD only when playing certain games.

BSOD only when playing certain games.: Hi. I have had BSOD for a few months now, and it only happens when I play some games and not others. The BSOD is WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. I attached some screenshots of the .dmp file from Event Viewer and another from a blue screen support viewer. Any help would be great. My...
  9. BSOD when playing certain games

BSOD when playing certain games: I get BSOD's when playing certain games; Deus Ex Mankind Divided, Civilization VI, and Witcher 3. However, I don't get BSOD's when playing Crysis 3, or Call of Duty Infinite Warfare. The driver that's causing it is Hal.dll. My PSU is new, and I ran the windows memory test and...
  10. BSOD when playing certain games

BSOD when playing certain games: My laptop been having this problem for this many times. While gaming everyday, have BSOD almost everyday. Screen went blue and won't restart at all. have to manually restart the laptop. The DM Log Collector file is attached. From: Kevin 29255