Windows 10: BSOD when playing cs:go, error 0x000000ef

Discus and support BSOD when playing cs:go, error 0x000000ef in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey guys, All of a sudden my computer have started to crash when playing games, mainly csgo. It started happening about a week ago. I just installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Twamse, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Twamse Win User

BSOD when playing cs:go, error 0x000000ef

Hey guys,
    All of a sudden my computer have started to crash when playing games, mainly csgo. It started happening about a week ago. I just installed windows 10, but if i remember correctly it started happening in windows 7 as well, right before i went and installed 10. This tells me it's probably a hardwareproblem. I was thinking temperature maybe (I did clean it, with no results tho). I don't have too much knowledge about computers in general, so was hoping someone here can help me.
    Best regards, .

:)

Twamse, Oct 27, 2015
  2. PieGuy23 Win User

CRITICAL_PROCESS ERROR

1.the error code is 0x000000EF

The error message is CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED2.when I am playing games like border lands 2 and TF2. 3.the model is 700-410

PieGuy23, Oct 27, 2015
  3. Blue screen of death when playing cs go 4:3

Hi Evan,

Blue screen errors may occur due to a system failure or a hardware issue on your PC. Since the issue started after an update, there are possibilities that some of the drivers on your computer are outdated. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you update
    the graphics card drivers by following the steps below:

• Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
    • Expand one of the categories to find the name of your device, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select Update Driver. For graphics cards, expand the Display adapters category, right-click your graphics card
      and select Update Driver.
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
    • If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If you are still getting a blue screen error, you may visit this
    link
    and follow the provided solutions.

Should you need further assistance, you can reply to this thread anytime.

Loraine Mon, Oct 27, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Twamse,

Welcome to the 10forums.

There is quite some activity of drivers used with the file system.
    This usually means problems with your hard drive(s).
    Please test your hard drive(s) using SeaTools and chkdsk.
    With SSD's, only run chkdsk.
    With SeaTools, prefered to run the SMART, short generic and long generic tests.
    If the hard drive tests are clean, please check your system files.

BSOD when playing cs:go, error 0x000000ef [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    HDD & SSD TEST

Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums

Note Do not run SeaTools on an SSD as the results will be invalid.

Run chkdsk Disk Check - Windows 7 Help Forums

Diagnostics Test
    System File Check
    Please try following:
    • Open an admin command prompt
    • Copy/paste "sfc/scannow" (without quotes) and press enter
    • When it finished reboot your system
    • Open again an admin command prompt
    • Enter sfc/scannow again
    If sfc/scannow does NOT say "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violation" after the second SFC, please upload the cbs.log file located at {windows partition}\Windows\Logs\CBS\, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
    System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it finds.

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU and cooling system.How to fill in your system specs:

5. Twamse Win User
    Hey again,
    When I ran the SeaTools tests the SMART was fine, but the short and long generic failed. The chkdsk test also find errors. I've copy/pasted the log in here (not sure if you need, or even if it's the right one?). Thanks for quick answer and assistance, much appreciated, *Smile

Chkdsk was executed in scan mode on a volume snapshot.

Checking file system on C:

Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ...
    Found 0xa clusters allocated to file "\Users\twams\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Local State <0x10,0x5e9f8>" at offset "0" marked as free
    ... repaired online.

414464 file records processed. File verification completed.

4090 large file records processed.
    0 bad file records processed.
    Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ...
    Found an unneeded link ($FILE_NAME: "LOCALS~1") in index "$I30" of directory "\Users\twams\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data <0x5,0x59079>"
    ... repaired online.

482612 index entries processed. Index verification completed.
    Found corrupt basic file structure for "\Users\twams\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\LOCALS~1 <0x10,0x5e9f8>"
    ... repaired online.
    Found lost file "\Users\twams\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Local State <0x10,0x5e9f8>"; requesting reconnection to index "$I30" of directory "\Users\twams\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data <0x5,0x59079>"
    ... queued for offline repair.
    Found a file "\Users\twams\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Local State <0x10,0x5e9f8>" with bad links
    was not able to send command for self-healing due to lack of memory.

Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...
    Security descriptor verification completed.

34075 data files processed. CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...
    Usn Journal verification completed.
    Windows has found problems and some were fixed online;
    the remaining problems must be fixed offline.
    Please run chkdsk /spotfix to fix the issues.

488282111 KB total disk space.
    108585352 KB in 151940 files.
    105616 KB in 34076 indexes.
    497755 KB in use by the system.
    65536 KB occupied by the log file.
    379093388 KB available on disk.

4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
    122070527 total allocation units on disk.
    94773347 allocation units available on disk.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ...

Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ...
    Index entry LOCALS~1 of index $I30 in file 0x59079 points to unused file 0x5e9f9.
    Deleting index entry LOCALS~1 in index $I30 of file 364665.
    CHKDSK is scanning unindexed files for reconnect to their original directory.
    Recovering orphaned file LOCALS~1 (387576) into directory file 364665.
    Recovering orphaned file LOCALS~1 (387576) into directory file 364665.
    There is no NTFS file name attribute in file 0x5e9f8.
    Correcting minor file name errors in file 387576.
    1 unindexed files recovered to original directory.
    "chkdsk /scan" is aborting due to self-healing command failure: 00000000
    "chkdsk /f" will be required to repair the volume.

Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...

Twamse, Oct 28, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    The hard drive is faulty/failing.

Please backup your data as soon as possible and replace the hard drive.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD when playing cs:go, error 0x000000ef - Similar Threads - BSOD playing error

2. I got multiple BSOD every time I played CS GO

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I got multiple BSOD every time I played CS GO: Hi, Can anyone advise how to deal with my issue on CS GO, every time I played the games, it will always go to BSOD. its randomly happening and I have no idea which driver or hardware causing it. Here is my system info below: Windows version: Windows 10, 10.0, version...
  3. CS GO FPS low?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CS GO FPS low?: I have a Msi rtx 2070 super ventus / ryzen 5 3600 and the game is installed on a Kingston SSD but still I have about 140 fps in cs:Go although others have double that with the same graka. I found a video that plays the game and the person has the same GPU / CPU. And it has...
  4. Facing issues with BSOD with error: 0x000000ef

Facing issues with BSOD with error: 0x000000ef: Hi, I wondered if anyone would be able to analyse this dmp file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1w2SEOPFcekqZ0KF0agtSftysZPj5t_rL It crashed with an event 1001 error: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000ef 0xffffbb8f0fac1400,...
  5. So I was playing cs go and this came? I’ve never activated the family settings.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So I was playing cs go and this came? I’ve never activated the family settings.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Vedaaen [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/egwkel/so_i_was_playing_cs_go_and_this_came_ive_never/
  6. Computer Crashing Only When Playing CS GO

Computer Crashing Only When Playing CS GO: Okay, this has proven to be a difficult problem for me to solve, and I've tried so many forums you guys might be my last hope. Whenever I play CS GO randomly at times either right when I start, during a match or when I try to close the game CS GO will crash and restart my...
  7. some kind of firewall error for steam games Cs go

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    some kind of firewall error for steam games Cs go: [ATTACH] Kindly provide me possible solution for this. Every time it shows some kind of VAC error in cs go. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-kind-of-firewall-error-for-steam-games-cs-go/3ec51b5d-6d01-4a4e-a51a-926086f27f38"
  8. BSOD When downloading cs go over steam/installing it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD When downloading cs go over steam/installing it: So, this is really my first time writing ANY topic online. But here goes, I bought a gaming laptop, an MSI gt72vr 7re Dominator Pro,I have had for one year, you can check online for specs and stuff, im playing quite a lot of games, from online to offline and never really...
  9. BSOD Randomly 0x000000ef

BSOD Randomly 0x000000ef: · OS - Windows 10 Professional · x64 · original installed OS on system Windows 10 Professional · Is the OS an OEM version · Age of system (hardware) one year and 9 months · Age of OS installation - installed on 15 august 2016 · CPU Intel® Core™ i7-4710MQ CPU @ 2.50GHz,...
  10. Input lag while playing CS GO

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Input lag while playing CS GO: When I start cs go I have 60 FPS and major input lag. I have read that the game DVR feature on the xbox app does this but I uninstalled it and this still happens. Also, there is a little notification at the bottom of my computer that says to activate windows, even though it...
Tags: