Windows 10: BSOD when playing games mainly VR

Discus and support BSOD when playing games mainly VR in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I have been having a problem more recently where I go to use my Oculus Quest 2, linked to my computer via a cable, to play games mainly Blade and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jth2023, Aug 17, 2022.

1. jth2023 Win User

BSOD when playing games mainly VR

Hello,I have been having a problem more recently where I go to use my Oculus Quest 2, linked to my computer via a cable, to play games mainly Blade and Sorcery and DCS World and I get a BSOD. The error code is: whea uncorrectable error which I understand is most likely a hardware issue or driver issue of some sort. This error has came sometimes when not playing VR, but I would say when it does pop up 9/10 times, it's when I am playing VR.Seeing this I did multiple things. I reseated my CPU, applied new thermal paste, and did stress tests which did not crash the computer. I reinstalled my

:)

jth2023, Aug 17, 2022
  2. jth2023 Win User

BSOD when playing games (mainly VR)

Hello,

I have been having a problem (more recently) where I go to use my Oculus Quest 2, linked to my computer via a cable, to play games (mainly Blade and Sorcery and DCS World) and I get a BSOD. The error code is: whea uncorrectable error which I understand is most likely a hardware issue or driver issue of some sort. This error has came sometimes when not playing VR, but I would say when it does pop up 9/10 times, it's when I am playing VR. Sometimes it does this right as I start up a game through oculus link (in the headset) and sometimes when I'm 5, 10 or 15 minutes into playing. Its unpredictable

Seeing this I did multiple things. I reseated my CPU, applied new thermal paste, and did stress tests (which did not crash the computer). I reinstalled my GPU driver twice and even went back to an older version and it still happened. I updated my BIOS to the latest version and updated all of my drivers. I did memtest86; passed. Prime95; passed. Benchmarks; no BSOD. So it's confusing to me as to why this happens when I play games, but when I stress-test the machine, it doesn't happen. Nothing seems to work.

My temps when gaming stay below 60 degrees on both CPU and GPU so I don't think it is a heat problem. I am a secondhand owner of this computer so I do not know what the previous owner did, but I know he had a very cheap AIO cooler which caused the CPU to run very hot and he overclocked the system (looked in bios settings when I bought it 2 years ago). I have since replaced the AIO cooler (1 year ago) and turned off the OC settings and now it runs under 60 degrees under full load. Im think maybe the CPU is going bad?? But I don't know

I have a blue screen analyzer but I only have one dump file from 8/10/2022 and it says something about pshed.dll

Any advice would help

System specs:

-EVGA DG-77 case with 3 deep cool fans

-ASROCK z270 killer SLI/ac mobo

-Gigabyte GTX 1080 TI 11 GB

-Intel I7-7700k

-(previous cooler) UPHERE AIO cpu cooler

-(current cooler) Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML280 Mirror ARGB Close-Loop AIO CPU Liquid Cooler

-TEAMGROUP DDR4 ram 8GB (x2)

-500 GB SSD

-EVGA 750 G3 power source

-Windows 10 64 bit operating system

jth2023, Aug 18, 2022
  3. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 18, 2022
  4. barnieang Win User

barnieang, Aug 18, 2022
Thema:

1. BSOD when playing games mainly VR - Similar Threads - BSOD playing games

2. Computer crash when playing VR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer crash when playing VR: basically, when playing vr for around 30 minutes up to 1 hour my pc just freezes completely and then reboots, already made sure it wasnt the temperature of both the gpu and cpu, did a clean re-install of my amd gpu drivers and even checked the event viewer and reliability...
  3. Computer crash when playing VR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crash when playing VR: basically, when playing vr for around 30 minutes up to 1 hour my pc just freezes completely and then reboots, already made sure it wasnt the temperature of both the gpu and cpu, did a clean re-install of my amd gpu drivers and even checked the event viewer and reliability...
  4. BSOD when playing games mainly VR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when playing games mainly VR: Hello,I have been having a problem more recently where I go to use my Oculus Quest 2, linked to my computer via a cable, to play games mainly Blade and Sorcery and DCS World and I get a BSOD. The error code is: whea uncorrectable error which I understand is most likely a...
  5. BSOD when playing games mainly VR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when playing games mainly VR: Hello,I have been having a problem more recently where I go to use my Oculus Quest 2, linked to my computer via a cable, to play games mainly Blade and Sorcery and DCS World and I get a BSOD. The error code is: whea uncorrectable error which I understand is most likely a...
  6. BSOD, mainly when gaming.

BSOD, mainly when gaming.: I've been having BSOD issues since I built my PC, I ran driver verifier to see if that would help, it says there is an issue but doesn't say which driver is the problem. All drivers are up to date as far as I know, just need help figuring out what is wrong....
  7. BSOD Issue when gaming mainly

BSOD Issue when gaming mainly: Hi I'm posting for a friend, they bought there pc to me, I ran memtest86 for overnight (12 passes) and it showed 0 errors, I have included to Log Collector results for you. Thank you. 129896
  8. PC Screen flicker and freezes or BSOD mainly when playing games

PC Screen flicker and freezes or BSOD mainly when playing games: Recently my pc started to screen freeze with a really loud noise or get random BSODs when playing games. Similar issue with an old post which led me here....
  9. BSOD mainly when playing HOTS

BSOD mainly when playing HOTS: Hello I'm trying to help my brother with his Windows 10 computer, a few weeks ago it started having issues with the BSOD. It's not constant or even daily but frequent enough to cause concern. It seems to happen the most when he's playing the online game Heros of the storm...
  10. BSOD when starting computer mainly playing games

BSOD when starting computer mainly playing games: Hello, I have been getting BSOD in games such as CS GO and Alan Wake - sometimes i do not get a blue screen but just a black screen and them same noise it would make through the speakers, if it were to blue screen. I have done a memtest for 9 passes with no errors, i...