Windows 10: BSOD when playing games or pc just sitting idle

Discus and support BSOD when playing games or pc just sitting idle in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So its been two weeks since I built my pc, everything was working fine until last week when I got my first PC BSOD. Then it kept happening everyday so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by pedrohern_2416, Nov 26, 2020.

1. BSOD when playing games or pc just sitting idle

So its been two weeks since I built my pc, everything was working fine until last week when I got my first PC BSOD. Then it kept happening everyday so I decided to wipe clean my hard drives. I did that but still was getting BSOD, this time multiple times a day. I then updated the BioS for to maybe fix the problem. It has crashed twice since yesterday, which was when I updated it but can not seem to find the problem. I also dont think its overheating because temps seem normal and I have a water cooler. I do have a wifi/bluetooth adapter installed, a TP-Link Archer T5E.

Here is my PC build:

MOBO: Asrock B550 Steel Legend

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3700x

GPU: Red Devil RX570

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4, 16 gb

Storage: Seagate, Barracuda 2TB Hard Drive, Western Digital Black Sn750 NVMe 500 gb, I use this to store everything except games.

The link below contains the link to the minidump files,

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1vj9pk3L-EvYiQlSV36hcbYN_2cWcUe01?usp=sharing

I have ran the Windows System Debugger and it has shown me these, the second the pic is the most recent one, both of these crashes occurred after I updated the BiOS

BSOD when playing games or pc just sitting idle cbcca21e-127b-4b10-b88e-0a77fb7de9fa?upload=true.png

BSOD when playing games or pc just sitting idle 80ff58d2-3eb6-47d2-b80f-98e4df119013?upload=true.png

:)

pedrohern_2416, Nov 26, 2020

2. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 26, 2020
  3. Windows 10 not idling... but idles when playing games?

This is a weird behavior. First, let me say I love sea of thieves! But recently I've noticed my computer doesn't idle at all. I've used the power tool to see what might be keeping my PC awake blah blah blah... nothing works. But I changed my power profile
    to turn the monitor off in 1 minute to try to debug the issue. I finally gave up and just started turning my PC off... Yesterday the hungering dep came out! So I started playing... no, if you haven't played SoT, there can be a lot of downtime. A stupid amount
    of downtime. Enough so that you can take 5-10 minute breaks in the middle of playing it. Just sit back and relax and take it all... wtf my monitor tor just turned off.

Now it can idle when I have Sea of Thieves running in windowed mode? Turn the game off... stops being able to change to 'idle' power states. Turn it back on it works. The mouse movement still prevents the PC from sleeping so if I'm actually playing the game
    it does not sleep.

kevin.chaves, Nov 26, 2020
  4. BSOD when playing games or pc just sitting idle

Blue screen with PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT,The devices will be sitting idle, with the screen on and suddenly crash (BSOD).

Original titleBSOD when playing games or pc just sitting idle :pDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT on idle PC

Hi,

we are using dell Venue 11 tablets for a business venture. However we have an intermittent issue, once every (few) days, they blue screen with PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. The devices will be sitting idle, with the screen on and suddenly crash (BSOD).

I have attached the windows dump file covering an event. Any light you can shed would be fantastic.

the dump file is available at woolfitservices.com -&nbspwoolfitservices Resources and Information.

Thanks in advance!

IanWoolfenden, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

BSOD when playing games or pc just sitting idle

1. BSOD when playing games or pc just sitting idle - Similar Threads - BSOD playing games

2. BSOD when idle but doesnt happen when playing a game?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when idle but doesnt happen when playing a game?: My computer constantly crashes out of low intesnsity programs like discord and google chrome, and will bluescreen very often as well while only running programs/games of similar low resource usage. It will almost never crash while mid game in anything as intensive as valorant...
  3. BSOD when idle but doesnt happen when playing a game?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when idle but doesnt happen when playing a game?: My computer constantly crashes out of low intesnsity programs like discord and google chrome, and will bluescreen very often as well while only running programs/games of similar low resource usage. It will almost never crash while mid game in anything as intensive as valorant...
  4. BSOD when idle but doesnt happen when playing a game?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Having random BSOD crashes when PC sits idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having random BSOD crashes when PC sits idle: I'm having BSOD crashes seemingly at random times, mostly when I'm not even at the PC and it's just sitting idle Here's a link for the zipped dump files https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lvnAKJyn8FTeL7X-DfEPznLa2ZU02Frg/view?usp=share_link...
  6. Having random BSOD crashes when PC sits idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having random BSOD crashes when PC sits idle: I'm having BSOD crashes seemingly at random times, mostly when I'm not even at the PC and it's just sitting idle Here's a link for the zipped dump files https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lvnAKJyn8FTeL7X-DfEPznLa2ZU02Frg/view?usp=share_link...
  7. Having random BSOD crashes when PC sits idle

8. BSOD error when computer sits idle for 10min+

BSOD error when computer sits idle for 10min+: Im running windows 10 and I've been getting these blue screen errors .. It usually happens when my computer is left idle for over 10-20 mins.. It displays a blue screen and then restarts. At first i had no clue . Later i checked the minidump folder and i found those BSOD log...
  9. Randomized BSODs [Playing either Games, Surfing The Web, Or Sitting]

Randomized BSODs [Playing either Games, Surfing The Web, Or Sitting]: It has been a long trial and error methodology of trying to figure out what is the root cause but I can not do it alone. I'll give a bit of rough history. I decided to build a small form factor PC that can serve as not only a home media hub but one I can play games just as I...
  10. BSOD's while Playing games and Idling

BSOD's while Playing games and Idling: Hi everyone! I recently built a new computer and I was very very excited since I haven't started from scratch for several years. Sadly its been plagued with game crashes and BSODs. Initially I assumed that I had installed the drivers incorrectly and that was the source of...