Windows 10: BSOD when Playing Games - Stress tests do not cause BSOD

Discus and support BSOD when Playing Games - Stress tests do not cause BSOD in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello Community!I present to you... a weird one.I have a brand new AORUS 15P i7 3080 Laptop that crashes and studders during games... only sometimes.My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JontiAdcock, Aug 10, 2022.

1. BSOD when Playing Games - Stress tests do not cause BSOD

Hello Community!I present to you... a weird one.I have a brand new AORUS 15P i7 3080 Laptop that crashes and studders during games... only sometimes.My Background. I work full time in the IT industry and have been for the last 7 years in a senior role. General troubleshooting, MS administration and and helpdesk, along with other roles here and there. around 5 years has been spent in hardware alone, so i know my way around the insides and outsides of a machine to say the least.If you can fix this for me, you will have my respect my 0 points on MS answers are something to gloat about.I have at

:)

JontiAdcock, Aug 10, 2022
  2. cns00 Win User

BSOD while playing games

backup your data, format, reinstall windows, install drivers and only install the games which are causing bsod and test them. if you get a bsod then follow FurMark - GPU Stress Test to stress test the gpu. if you got bsod during stress test then it could mean that there is something wrong with the graphics card

if you didn't get bsod when you are playing the games then dont rush and install the rest of your programs and thoroughly test the games for some time

cns00, Aug 10, 2022
  3. hoax32 Win User
    BSOD Hardware Caused???

K...5 hours of mem test = no problems... *Wtf :wtf:
    Could a bad bettry pack cause it to BSOD?
    Windows suggested me to replace the battery pack soon!
    And btw....BSOD only happens on about every 5th boot up.....never during windows (played 5 hours CoD and let the unit stay on for 24 hours)....so I doubt that its a hardware problem :/
    There should be nor reason, why a CPU would fail at a simple task like a bootup but not during CPU stress tests or gaming...

hoax32, Aug 10, 2022
  4. Thrackan Win User

BSOD when Playing Games - Stress tests do not cause BSOD

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Aug 10, 2022
Thema:

BSOD when Playing Games - Stress tests do not cause BSOD

1. BSOD when Playing Games - Stress tests do not cause BSOD - Similar Threads - BSOD Playing Games

2. BSOD only with gaming and not in stress test

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD only with gaming and not in stress test: Problems: everything is perfectly normal except for gaming. Every time I launch a "recent" game I got a BSOD. Most of the time the BSOD happens when rendering tasks are starting. So basically I can get to the menu I start the game and just after loading I crash. It happened...
  3. BSOD only with gaming and not in stress test

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD only with gaming and not in stress test: Problems: everything is perfectly normal except for gaming. Every time I launch a "recent" game I got a BSOD. Most of the time the BSOD happens when rendering tasks are starting. So basically I can get to the menu I start the game and just after loading I crash. It happened...
  4. BSOD only with gaming and not in stress test

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Freeze then BSOD when stress testing CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freeze then BSOD when stress testing CPU: My computer crashes and I get the BSOD stating clock watchdog timeout after freezing when doing a stress test on my CPU - ram tests ok. I have checked the PSU - bought a new one and cooling and used different ram as well. All to no avail....
  6. Freeze then BSOD when stress testing CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Freeze then BSOD when stress testing CPU: My computer crashes and I get the BSOD stating clock watchdog timeout after freezing when doing a stress test on my CPU - ram tests ok. I have checked the PSU - bought a new one and cooling and used different ram as well. All to no avail....
  7. BSOD when Playing Games - Stress tests do not cause BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when Playing Games - Stress tests do not cause BSOD: Hello Community!I present to you... a weird one.I have a brand new AORUS 15P i7 3080 Laptop that crashes and studders during games... only sometimes.My Background. I work full time in the IT industry and have been for the last 7 years in a senior role. General...
  8. BSOD when Playing Games - Stress tests do not cause BSOD

BSOD when Playing Games - Stress tests do not cause BSOD: Hello Community!I present to you... a weird one.I have a brand new AORUS 15P i7 3080 Laptop that crashes and studders during games... only sometimes.My Background. I work full time in the IT industry and have been for the last 7 years in a senior role. General...
  9. Multiple BSODs when stress testing on stock settings

Multiple BSODs when stress testing on stock settings: Hey all, I keep getting BSODs as soon as I start a stress test on stock settings as well on my previous stable overclock. I was able to perform these tests when I built the system back in March, but I upgraded my cooling to a custom loop and wanted to see the difference it...
  10. BSOD when playing game or stressing GPU

BSOD when playing game or stressing GPU: Hello guys, My pc works great. I can browse internet, watch movies etc. But when i play game after 5-10 min i got BSOD with lined screen and buzzing sound coming from my headphones. After crash with no error it force me to hard shutdown or reset. When i reset pc or shut it...