Windows 10: BSOD when playing youtube videos (SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION)

Discus and support BSOD when playing youtube videos (SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently build a new computer (everything new except for harddrive), and upgraded my windows 7 to windows 10. Few days ago I got a BSOD while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sekhem, Oct 29, 2015.

1. sekhem Win User

BSOD when playing youtube videos (SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION)

I recently build a new computer (everything new except for harddrive), and upgraded my windows 7 to windows 10.

Few days ago I got a BSOD while watching youtube in firefox (I dont recall the type of error) than today I got a BSOD while watching youtube again (SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION).

I tried running verifier but my system crashes before it gets to windows, had to boot in safe mode to disable it to get my system stable enough to post this.

I did run 12 hours CPU stress test on this hardware with no crashes
    I did run memtest86 overnight and detected no errors. (I also ran windows memcheck)
    I did run 4 hours of GPU stress test with no crashes.

I tried running dm_log_collector but it freezes on the msinfo32 step ... since the file claimed to be corrupt I run msinfo32 /report from command line by hand and copied it over to the dm_log_collector generated folder. Zipped that folder and attach it to this thread.

Please let me know if you need any other info from me.

Help greatly appreciated ... I would want to figure out if this is a hardware problem quickly (and what part of my hardware) so that I can make the appropriate returns.

:)

sekhem, Oct 29, 2015
  2. Swang007 Win User

System Service Exception Error

So recently I've been getting BSODs whenever I try to play online videos. Usually it's YouTube, but it's happened on other websites as well. A video will play for a few seconds, then the screen will pixelate down into Windows 10's BSOD. I always get the
    following error:

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (ddkmd.sys)

After searching for ddkmd.sys online, it seems to only be happening to people who have installed a driver for some device or USB thing? I'm not exactly sure... I don't recall ever installing a driver like this either. Any ideas?

Swang007, Oct 29, 2015
  3. "system_service_exception (netio.sys)" BSOD error on watching videos on Windows 10.

Original title: BSOD on my windos pro 64bits when watching videos

It does not matter where i'm whatching a video (youtube, twitter, twitch, etc...) my pc just crash and appears "system_service_exception (netio.sys)" and them restart. I've search for all internet and can't solve the problem.

Someone please can help me?

Thanks

(sorry for any english errors).

NInjaZKIng, Oct 29, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi sekhem,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Please run the DM Log Collector tool in safe mode, there are quite some important files missing.

5. sekhem Win User
    Sadly, I get the same hang in minimal safe mode *Sad Screenshot attached. Is there any way I could collect the data you need manually ??

sekhem, Oct 29, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    Please have patience, it may take a while for to complete as some files are quite large.

7. sekhem Win User
    Sorry about that, patience apparently not my strong suite *Redface

Full logs attached

sekhem, Oct 30, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

A Zone Alarm driver has been flagged
    Please uninstall Zone Alarm while troubleshooting.
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for vsdatant.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for vsdatant.sys 0: kd> lmvm vsdatant start end module name fffff801`874a0000 fffff801`87536000 vsdatant T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: vsdatant.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\vsdatant.sys Image name: vsdatant.sys Timestamp: Thu Jul 23 05:01:05 2015 (55B058F1) CheckSum: 0007BA52 ImageSize: 00096000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

9. sekhem Win User
    Uninstalled zonealarm rerun verifier and got another crash on boot.

Logs attached. Thanks for the quick turn around btw, you rock!

sekhem, Oct 30, 2015
  10. axe0 New Member
    Why are you running verifier?

11. axe0 New Member
    Is there anything connected via USB?
    ASMedia USB driver has been flagged, update the driver if no USB device is connected.
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for asmtxhci.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for asmtxhci.sys 3: kd> lmvm asmtxhci start end module name fffff800`dd0d0000 fffff800`dd13c000 asmtxhci T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: asmtxhci.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\asmtxhci.sys Image name: asmtxhci.sys Timestamp: Wed Jun 03 08:33:15 2015 (556E9FAB) CheckSum: 00075960 ImageSize: 0006C000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

12. sekhem Win User
    It is the latest driver *Sad and I had nothing connected other than keyboard mouse webcam and a usb hub.

Uninstalled it for now, and unplagged webcam/usb hub.

Still crashing on boot with verifier ... new logs attached.

Thanks!

sekhem, Oct 30, 2015
  13. axe0 New Member

But why are you running driver verifier?
    Please disable driver verifier
    • Open an admin command prompt
    • Enter "verifier/reset" (without quotes)

14. sekhem Win User
    Hey ... I got a Blue screen with System_service_exception prior to verifier ... I found a thread written by microsoft that advised to try the verifier to determine if its a driver problem.

sekhem, Oct 30, 2015
  15. axe0 New Member
    Realtek HD Audio driver is from 2009, I recommend to update it.
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for MBfilt64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for MBfilt64.sys[/quote]

Thema:

1. BSOD when playing youtube videos (SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION) - Similar Threads - BSOD playing youtube

2. Random BSOD's when playing Youtube videos on Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD's when playing Youtube videos on Chrome: I have been experiencing BSOD's lately when using Youtube on chrome. In line with the title, this BSOD occurs without any warning or any sort of performance drops, it just randomly and instantaneously happens. Also, I haven't tested if it is only limited to Youtube and...
  3. Random BSOD's when playing Youtube videos on Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD's when playing Youtube videos on Chrome: I have been experiencing BSOD's lately when using Youtube on chrome. In line with the title, this BSOD occurs without any warning or any sort of performance drops, it just randomly and instantaneously happens. Also, I haven't tested if it is only limited to Youtube and...
  4. Random BSOD's when playing Youtube videos on Chrome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. YouTube Videos are not Playing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    YouTube Videos are not Playing: [ATTACH] See the white space instead video. that's my problem guys. Yesterday Everything was fine but toady when I tried to play any video on YouTube this was happening also comment section doesn't get loaded. and its just happening with YouTube only, other video websites...
  6. Bsod SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION during watching youtube.

Bsod SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION during watching youtube.: Helo cann help with bsod minidump file its on that link; https://filebin.net/2sns1lrjou7cbif2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-systemserviceexception-during-watching/31ce14b0-699b-4c62-8fc2-5852ef7ae587
  7. BSOD When Playing Games System_Service_Exception

BSOD When Playing Games System_Service_Exception: I recently installed a new hard drive into my system. It began to crash with the System_Service_Exception error. I decided that since I was going to reinstall windows on a SSD anyways, I might as well do it now. So I reinstalled windows on a solid state and everything was...
  8. BSOD system_service_exception, when playing

BSOD system_service_exception, when playing: Hello I am beginning to get a BSOD system_service_exception, when i play a game on my pc. Attachment 41818 Thenk you for your help, Anders 25680
  9. BSOD System_Service_Exception when playing Games

BSOD System_Service_Exception when playing Games: I get the BSOD when playing games. It only occurs when something big happens, (for example on Dragon Age: Inquisition when a dragon scorches the entire field). It happens both when my system is overclocked and when it is not overclocked (I tried both.) I figured it was a...
  10. BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Crash while playing

BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Crash while playing: Hi there, My PC is getting random BSODS while playing. I tested RAM with Memtest86 but no errors were found. Also reinstalling Windows from a scratch didn't help so any help would be deeply appreciated.*Smile All the neccesary info is attached. 43792