Windows 10: BSOD when plugging in USB serial adapter

Discus and support BSOD when plugging in USB serial adapter in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is the error I see: Stop Code: WDF_VIOLATION what failed: UDE.sys This happens whenever I plug in a usb->serial adapter. This device works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TyOwl, Aug 27, 2019.

1. TyOwl Win User

BSOD when plugging in USB serial adapter

This is the error I see:

Stop Code: WDF_VIOLATION
    what failed: UDE.sys

This happens whenever I plug in a usb->serial adapter. This device works fine on all of my other PCs.

How can I resolve this?

:)

TyOwl, Aug 27, 2019
  2. lwagener Win User

USB to Serial Adapter in Win10

Sir, I had the very same problem after i upgraded to the Win10 system from Win7. I tried downloading the most current driver, I ran the automated troubleshooting service, but nothing allowed the computer to recognize the
    Prolific USB to Serial adapter.

What I did to overcome this was to "roll back" my driver to the 3.3.3.114 dated 2009. I did an internet search for this driver, downloaded the driver and installed the driver. I then switched the comm port I was plugging the Prolific USB
    Serial Adapter into, to the older driver, and everything worked fine again. Hope this helps.

lwagener, Aug 27, 2019
  3. Serial Mouse via USB not detected

Hi,

I have just installed Windows 10 and my mouse no longer works. Its a specific adapted mouse (for disability) that connects via Serial (9-pin) into a Serial-USB converter cable. The converter cable gets detected ok (as Prolific Serial-USB Adapter) but the Serial mouse running on the end of it doesn't work/get detected.

In Windows 7 it works fine and needed no addition drivers other than the the Prolific adapter. Can I tell if Windows is detecting its presence? Any suggestions?

Cheers,
    Russ,

rustytulip, Aug 27, 2019
  4. BSOD when plugging in USB serial adapter

TYT TH-446 USB adapter drivers

Hi Guys,
    I have an urgent problem. We got a couple of TH-446 radios from TYT and a USB adapter so that we can modify the firmware. Trouble is that the USB adapter does not get recognized by windows and is just listed as a USB to serial adapter.

We do not know what the adapter is a called since there are no labels on it execpt for TYT.

Any help or links to generic drivers is much appreciated.

The reward is a beer if anyone is near Lausitz ring in Germany!

Cheers,
    Fred

Frederik S, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

BSOD when plugging in USB serial adapter

1. BSOD when plugging in USB serial adapter - Similar Threads - BSOD plugging USB

2. BSOD c0000409 when USB device plug-in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD c0000409 when USB device plug-in: Hi This failure happened when I plug in a USB device connect to windows system USB port.Can you let me know what the reason is cause this crash? Is caused by the USB device?fffff805`34df7d60 48894c2408 mov qword ptr [rsp+8],rcx ss:0018:fffff805`39671ec0=00000000000001390: kd>...
  3. BSOD c0000409 when USB device plug-in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD c0000409 when USB device plug-in: Hi This failure happened when I plug in a USB device connect to windows system USB port.Can you let me know what the reason is cause this crash? Is caused by the USB device?fffff805`34df7d60 48894c2408 mov qword ptr [rsp+8],rcx ss:0018:fffff805`39671ec0=00000000000001390: kd>...
  4. BSOD c0000409 when USB device plug-in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Auto-Execute python code when a USB serial cable is plugged in

Auto-Execute python code when a USB serial cable is plugged in: I am writing a python code to communicate with Arduino Uno through a USB serial port and I want to run the python code automatically when I plug the serial cable in order to record the data automatically. Is there a way ????...
  6. Auto-Execute python code when a USB serial cable is plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto-Execute python code when a USB serial cable is plugged in: I am writing a python code to communicate with Arduino Uno through a USB serial port and I want to run the python code automatically when I plug the serial cable in order to record the data automatically. Is there a way ????...
  7. Auto-Execute python code when a USB serial cable is plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. USB Serial Adapter COM Port Changes on Reboot

USB Serial Adapter COM Port Changes on Reboot: I have a Windows 10 Laptop with a USB Serial Port Adapter with an attached printer. When I reboot the computer, the COM port assigned to the USB adapter changes randomly so that the printer no longer works. What can I do to ensure that the Serial Port Adapter is always...
  9. USB Serial Adapter Com Port Changes when I reboot

USB Serial Adapter Com Port Changes when I reboot: I have a USB to Serial Adapter on my laptop which I am using to interface with a printer. Every time I reboot my computer, the COM Port assigned to this adapter keeps changing. As a result, the printer is no longer assigned to the right port and does not work. How can I...
  10. BSOD when plugging in USB usbhxci.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when plugging in USB usbhxci.sys: Any time I try to use one of my USH 3.0 ports, I get an BSOD error. If I start the computer with a device plugged in, it goes straight o BSOD. If I start the computer without anything plugged into that port and then plug something in, it immediately crashes. I've tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 usb to serial blue screen

2. win10 bsod serial adapter