Windows 10: BSOD when plugging in USB usbhxci.sys

Discus and support BSOD when plugging in USB usbhxci.sys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Any time I try to use one of my USH 3.0 ports, I get an BSOD error. If I start the computer with a device plugged in, it goes straight o BSOD. If I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by vdubya19, Mar 23, 2020.

1. vdubya19 Win User

BSOD when plugging in USB usbhxci.sys

Any time I try to use one of my USH 3.0 ports, I get an BSOD error.

If I start the computer with a device plugged in, it goes straight o BSOD.

If I start the computer without anything plugged into that port and then plug something in, it immediately crashes.

I've tried my printer, the wireless adaptor for my mouse and keyboard, and a USB hub. All immediately trigger a crash.

Most recent stop code is

irql_not_less_or_equal

usbxhci.sys

I've disabled the function unchecked the box that allows the computer to turn off the power to those drives.

I've tried to update the drives on both drives, but it looks like they're up to date.

Here are the dmp files

Dmp 1

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsC_pnX1E4Y2jvAghXAwpy_G6a4z2w?e=oxXmoJ

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsC_pnX1E4Y2jvAi7sXKRV8ALABXTQ?e=8XPddM

Any advice would be appreciated

:)

vdubya19, Mar 23, 2020
  2. 翼昌宏 Win User

ks.sys BSOD dell built-in webcam

ok i think i kinda find how to fixed this

well at least the loop bsod everytime i plug the webcam usb or restart (while the usb plugged) stopped

i am not sure if this stable enough (random bsod)

after reading lots of bsod on net.. i found this post
    http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/156234-ks-sys-bsod-post1340079.html#post1340079

so culprit is between webcam creative driver and westerndigital mybook smartware

so i uninstall all webcam software (that packed with the dell driver installer) and then also uninstall wd smartware (also removing all things related to both that listen on uninstall program list)

reboot the system, then plug it... windows10 automatically install the driver, it showing up as correct device

just for be safe, i reboot once more...

and then re-install smartware (i know its **** and not needed)

so far no bsod

so for people having issue, and have both device

i suggest follow the step above

Just make sure let windows detect+install webcam first

before installing wd smartware

翼昌宏, Mar 23, 2020
  3. axe0 Win User
    BSOD driver_corrupted_expool plugging in USB device

Hi Wendelly,

As you say it is from your USB ports, but I have 2 questions regarding this.

1. Does a BSOD occur with every (should working) device you're trying to connect via USB?
    2. Does a BSOD occur when a device is connected on different USB ports?

4. BSOD when plugging in USB usbhxci.sys

wdf01000.sys and ntoskrnl.exe BSOD

I'm on Windows 10, 64bit

Basically, whenever I try to update my LPC controller through Device Manager, BSOD with WDF_VIOLATION occurs (culprit being wdf01000.sys)

So I try to use the driver verifier to see which driver is causing the BSOD, but then it causes BSOD (cultprit being ntoskrnl.exe)

Have no idea which driver is causing them

Please help!

Here are my list of drivers and system info: Documents

interestingkid005140, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

BSOD when plugging in USB usbhxci.sys

1. BSOD when plugging in USB usbhxci.sys - Similar Threads - BSOD plugging USB

2. Laptop BSOD when plugged in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop BSOD when plugged in: I get a bsod with a different error message everytime i plug in the charger and use my laptop, on battery i never a bsod. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-bsod-when-plugged-in/2e244618-32dc-4030-a0a2-758c155c3e82
  3. USB reset when microfone plugged in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB reset when microfone plugged in: I have the following issue: Whenever I have an USB microfone plugged in (SamsonMeteo mic) and launch the sound device manager in Win 10, I run into the following issue. When switching to the "playback" tab the computer freezes, the Meteo mic disappears from the list of...
  4. USB restarts when headphones are plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB restarts when headphones are plugged in: Seemingly randomly. I built my own PC. I have specs listed below. Rosewill RISE Glow case Aorus gaming 5 WiFi motherboard. AMD Ryzen 2700x processor EVGA gaming Geforce 1060 SC GPU Corsair 550x PSU intel m.2 boot drive 760 I think? Samsung SSD, and also a 7200...
  5. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE when plugging in USB

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE when plugging in USB: Hello everyone, I just tried to connect my external portable HDD which I use almost every week and it just gave me a blue screen with this stop code: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE I waited until my PC restarted and I tried again, same thing did sfc /scannow and chkdsk /r...
  6. dxgmms2.sys BSOD when running Netflix

dxgmms2.sys BSOD when running Netflix: I have run the driver verifier and created a minidump and nfo file. Intel i5-8400 Windows 10 1909 GTX1060 3GB Thanks for the help! https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhRaCX8SFQwSpzXo1QxYDCZsTpQr?e=telifi...
  7. Getting BSOD frequently when plugged in

Getting BSOD frequently when plugged in: I am getting regular BSOD when laptop is plugged in and charging. When through Microsoft checklist for BSOD but was not resolved. Message I am getting is CRITICAL PROCESS DIED....
  8. BSOD when plugging in USB serial adapter

BSOD when plugging in USB serial adapter: This is the error I see: Stop Code: WDF_VIOLATION what failed: UDE.sys This happens whenever I plug in a usb->serial adapter. This device works fine on all of my other PCs. How can I resolve this?...
  9. BSOD L1C63x64.sys

BSOD L1C63x64.sys: Heya guys, this is my first post here *Smile. I just had like 3 or 4 BSODs in these last two days, never had any. I just updated my Atheros 8151 PCI-e driver from Network adapter->properties->update driver. I'm not sure if it is the cause, so I used the tool and attached...
  10. wdf01000.sys BSOD

wdf01000.sys BSOD: Hey, this is more of a question. My keyboard has been malfunctioning due to liquid damage, so to disable it I installed an incompatible keyboard/touchpad driver intentionally. The day after, I've been getting wdf01000.sys BSOD errors during startup, which brings me to a...