Windows 10: BSOD when plugging in USB usbhxci.sys

Discus and support BSOD when plugging in USB usbhxci.sys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Any time I try to use one of my USH 3.0 ports, I get an BSOD error. If I start the computer with a device plugged in, it goes straight o BSOD. If I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by vdubya19, Mar 23, 2020.

1. vdubya19 Win User

BSOD when plugging in USB usbhxci.sys

Any time I try to use one of my USH 3.0 ports, I get an BSOD error.

If I start the computer with a device plugged in, it goes straight o BSOD.

If I start the computer without anything plugged into that port and then plug something in, it immediately crashes.

I've tried my printer, the wireless adaptor for my mouse and keyboard, and a USB hub. All immediately trigger a crash.

Most recent stop code is

irql_not_less_or_equal

usbxhci.sys

I've disabled the function unchecked the box that allows the computer to turn off the power to those drives.

I've tried to update the drives on both drives, but it looks like they're up to date.

Here are the dmp files

Dmp 1

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsC_pnX1E4Y2jvAghXAwpy_G6a4z2w?e=oxXmoJ

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsC_pnX1E4Y2jvAi7sXKRV8ALABXTQ?e=8XPddM

Any advice would be appreciated

:)

vdubya19, Mar 23, 2020
  2. 翼昌宏 Win User

ks.sys BSOD dell built-in webcam

ok i think i kinda find how to fixed this

well at least the loop bsod everytime i plug the webcam usb or restart (while the usb plugged) stopped

i am not sure if this stable enough (random bsod)

after reading lots of bsod on net.. i found this post
    http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/156234-ks-sys-bsod-post1340079.html#post1340079

so culprit is between webcam creative driver and westerndigital mybook smartware

so i uninstall all webcam software (that packed with the dell driver installer) and then also uninstall wd smartware (also removing all things related to both that listen on uninstall program list)

reboot the system, then plug it... windows10 automatically install the driver, it showing up as correct device

just for be safe, i reboot once more...

and then re-install smartware (i know its **** and not needed)

so far no bsod

so for people having issue, and have both device

i suggest follow the step above

Just make sure let windows detect+install webcam first

before installing wd smartware

翼昌宏, Mar 23, 2020
  3. axe0 Win User
    BSOD driver_corrupted_expool plugging in USB device

Hi Wendelly,

As you say it is from your USB ports, but I have 2 questions regarding this.

1. Does a BSOD occur with every (should working) device you're trying to connect via USB?
    2. Does a BSOD occur when a device is connected on different USB ports?

4. BSOD when plugging in USB usbhxci.sys

wdf01000.sys and ntoskrnl.exe BSOD

I'm on Windows 10, 64bit

Basically, whenever I try to update my LPC controller through Device Manager, BSOD with WDF_VIOLATION occurs (culprit being wdf01000.sys)

So I try to use the driver verifier to see which driver is causing the BSOD, but then it causes BSOD (cultprit being ntoskrnl.exe)

Have no idea which driver is causing them

Please help!

Here are my list of drivers and system info: Documents

interestingkid005140, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

BSOD when plugging in USB usbhxci.sys

1. BSOD when plugging in USB usbhxci.sys - Similar Threads - BSOD plugging USB

2. BSOD c0000409 when USB device plug-in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD c0000409 when USB device plug-in: Hi This failure happened when I plug in a USB device connect to windows system USB port.Can you let me know what the reason is cause this crash? Is caused by the USB device?fffff805`34df7d60 48894c2408 mov qword ptr [rsp+8],rcx ss:0018:fffff805`39671ec0=00000000000001390: kd>...
  3. BSOD c0000409 when USB device plug-in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD c0000409 when USB device plug-in: Hi This failure happened when I plug in a USB device connect to windows system USB port.Can you let me know what the reason is cause this crash? Is caused by the USB device?fffff805`34df7d60 48894c2408 mov qword ptr [rsp+8],rcx ss:0018:fffff805`39671ec0=00000000000001390: kd>...
  4. BSOD c0000409 when USB device plug-in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD wdf01000.sys when unplugging my steelseries mouse to plug it back to the dongle for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD wdf01000.sys when unplugging my steelseries mouse to plug it back to the dongle for...: below is the analyze from the minidump. im not sure how to read this. going to device manager there is nothing that needs an update or repair. it wont let me paste it all so maybe this helps https://pastebin.com/M6zrE7tK event viewer shows: The computer has rebooted from a...
  6. BSOD when plugged in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when plugged in: Dear Sir/Ma'am,I am looking forward for your help.I am using a Laptop - DELL Inspiron 3584Processor - IntelR CoreTM i3-7020U CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHzWindows 10 Home Single Language 22H2I am facing a Blue Screen of Death, after I put my laptop for charging.I face the issue after...
  7. USB Tether BSOD due to USB80236.SYS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Tether BSOD due to USB80236.SYS: I have a third gen. Lenovo Carbon X1. Up until this summer, it was running with the original Windows 10 installation from when I purhased it 2015-2016 timeframe. Last year one of the hinges broke and the wireless signal strength degraded from a broken antenna wire routed...
  8. USB Tether BSOD due to USB80236.SYS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Tether BSOD due to USB80236.SYS: I have a third gen. Lenovo Carbon X1. Up until this summer, it was running with the original Windows 10 installation from when I purhased it 2015-2016 timeframe. Last year one of the hinges broke and the wireless signal strength degraded from a broken antenna wire routed...
  9. USB Tether BSOD due to USB80236.SYS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. BSOD when plugging in USB serial adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD when plugging in USB serial adapter: This is the error I see: Stop Code: WDF_VIOLATION what failed: UDE.sys This happens whenever I plug in a usb->serial adapter. This device works fine on all of my other PCs. How can I resolve this?...