Windows 10: BSOD when printing

Discus and support BSOD when printing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone, everytime i try to print into a pdf program (Fineprint) my PC BSODs. I tried to look into the kernel dump files and it seems like its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tobias Teichert, Jul 3, 2019.

1. BSOD when printing

Hi everyone,

everytime i try to print into a pdf program (Fineprint) my PC BSODs. I tried to look into the kernel dump files and it seems like its something with the ntoskrnl.exe. Tried to open it with WinDbg but it seems like there's a problem with symbols than i cant seem to fix, even if i download the symbols from the MS URL (http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols).

Heres a link to the .dmp files: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1hkEblY8a7yf8FOR5LRaVR25CL5f48GFQ?usp=sharing

Thanks in advance.

Greetings, Tobias

:)

Tobias Teichert, Jul 3, 2019

2. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Jul 3, 2019
  3. Printing stopped with November upgrade

Hey Prestonpdx,

I would suggest you check if the print spooler is running. Start/Stop print spooler service. Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc
      and press Enter.

• From the list, locate Print Spooler service.

• Double click on the service and select Stop.

• Restart the computer, repeat step 1&2.

• Double click on the service and check if the service is started.
    Get back to us with the updated status, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Jul 3, 2019
  4. BSOD when printing

Printing web pages in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for the update and apologies for late response.

• Are you able to print via Internet Explorer 11?
    • What kind of contents and extensions do you want to print?
    I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps:

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to print documents in the Windows 10 Edge browser and check if it helps:

• Once the document is open in Edge, press
      Ctrl+P or More actions button at the top last end of the browser.

• Click Print as PDF button.

• Check if the document prints as expected.
    If the above steps did not work, try the next methods.

Method 2: Set your printer as default.

• Press Windows key and type
      Control Panel

• Click on view by and select large icons.

• Open Devices and printers.

• Right click on your printer and select set a default printer.
    Check if it helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Niranjan Manjhi, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

BSOD when printing

1. BSOD when printing - Similar Threads - BSOD printing

2. Having a BSOD only on Windows 11 and only when printing from a 32bit process on 64 bit...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having a BSOD only on Windows 11 and only when printing from a 32bit process on 64 bit...: Hello,We have an application we use to reproduce the issue, which in summary, gets to a point where it prints from a 32 bit application to the the 64 bit Amyuni PDF Converter on Windows 11 and the print job has a TIFF image with transparencies, when printing at DPI of 300 or...
  3. Having a BSOD only on Windows 11 and only when printing from a 32bit process on 64 bit...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having a BSOD only on Windows 11 and only when printing from a 32bit process on 64 bit...: Hello,We have an application we use to reproduce the issue, which in summary, gets to a point where it prints from a 32 bit application to the the 64 bit Amyuni PDF Converter on Windows 11 and the print job has a TIFF image with transparencies, when printing at DPI of 300 or...
  4. BSOD when trying to print after March 25th Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD when trying to print after March 25th Update: Help. Windows updated last night and now I get the BSOD every time I try to print! This happened a few weeks ago and I was able to uninstall the upate, which corrected the printing issue. The update made last night does not give me the option to uninstall....
  5. Windows 10 BSOD Error while printing - KB5001567 released to fix cause- KB50008020 BSOD,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 BSOD Error while printing - KB5001567 released to fix cause- KB50008020 BSOD,...: Here’s a list of all cumulative updates released to fix the “APC_INDEX_MISMATCH for win32kfull.sys” error: Windows 10 version 20H2/2004 – KB5001567 Windows 10 version 1909/1903 – KB5001566 Windows 10 version 1809 – KB5001568 Enterprise & Education editions Windows 10...
  6. Print output problem not the recent BSOD one

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print output problem not the recent BSOD one: i have this error printer works fine when printing document but when it prints picture this happens. The center part of the picture is missing but the sides have the exact print this happened on my 3 computers in the office both computers affected received the latest windows...
  7. Windows 10 KB5001649 emergency update issued to fix BSOD, printing issue

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB5001649 emergency update issued to fix BSOD, printing issue: Microsoft has been forced to issue Windows 10 KB5001649 out-of-cycle emergency patch to enable the mitigation for two critical bugs – blue screens and printing. This is the second emergency update and it has been released to improve Windows 10’s March 2021 updates and the...
  8. Print output problem not the recent BSOD one

in Windows 10 Support
    Print output problem not the recent BSOD one: i have this error printer works fine when printing document but when it prints picture this happens. The center part of the picture is missing but the sides have the exact print this happened on my 3 computers in the office both computers affected received the latest windows...
  9. Windows 10 KB5001567 released to fix KB5000802 BSOD, printing issue

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB5001567 released to fix KB5000802 BSOD, printing issue: Windows 10 has just received a fix for the Blue Screen of Death “APC_INDEX_MISMATCH” and “win32kfull.sys” errors. For version 20H2 / 2004, Windows 10 KB5001567 is currently rolling out via Windows Update and it fixes all the printer issues which were accidentally caused by...
  10. APC Index Mismatch BSOD - When trying to print PDF files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    APC Index Mismatch BSOD - When trying to print PDF files: Hello! Yesterday I started receiving the BSOD for APC Index Mismatch whenever I attempted to print a PDF file. I would sincerely appreciate any assistance in solving this error. I print PDF files all throughout the day so this is really hindering my work. This just...