Windows 10: BSOD When put to sleep and on startup

Discus and support BSOD When put to sleep and on startup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; A few days ago, my PC (Lenovo PC, AMD A10 processor) was working completely fine. But then, I logged on and found that all my services had been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by 10 user, Oct 30, 2015.

1. 10 user Win User

BSOD When put to sleep and on startup

A few days ago, my PC (Lenovo PC, AMD A10 processor) was working completely fine. But then, I logged on and found that all my services had been disabled. After changing them all back to "Automatic", every time I woke my PC up from Sleep mode, it gave me the BSOD (error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED). Recently, and more worryingly, it now sometimes takes me to the same BSOD on startup, just atfer I have logged on.
    Can somebody please help me? (It's my only PC, so it's quite urgent as it constantly disrupts my work)
    debug-Attachment 45623.xxxx (This is the diagnostics file)

Thanks

:)

10 user, Oct 30, 2015

2. Video TDR Failure what failed atikpag.sys

Per your suggestion, I uninstalled the Video driver, and attempted to uninstall the AMD Catalyst, but wasn't allowed to do so. I click the repair button. Because the software was supported up to Windows 8, there is no driver update available.

I also noticed that I receive the BSOD only when my PC is coming out of sleep mode. There is No BSOD error message when simply restarting.

When I put my PC into sleep mode and attempt to start it back up, I am still receiving the BSOD with the VTR error message, even after I attempted your suggestions.

KaryLong III, Oct 30, 2015
  3. Windows 10 sleep/wake BSOD

Still getting the BSOD upon wake from sleep... Machine will not record a .dmp file and I suspect it is because, as I originally stated, the drive is getting lost when put into sleep mode.. rendering the machine incapable of logging anything or performing
    any function other than a hard restart. What should I do now?

DKflip1981, Oct 30, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi 10 user,

Welcome to the 10forums.

I am afraid we cannot help you properly as we would.
    You are running a Windows 10 Home Insider Preview, the problem with Insider Preview is that there are no symbols released which are required for analysis.
    If this laptop is your work laptop, I suggest to revert back to the RTM version of Windows 10.

5. 10 user Win User
    Hi and thanks for the advice.
    I have reverted back to build 10240 of Windows 10, but now my start menu isn't working properly! Normally, there is a settings link just above the power button on the start menu, but that has disappeared. How do I get it back?

10 user, Oct 30, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    BSOD When put to sleep and on startup [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    BSOD When put to sleep and on startup [​IMG]
    System File Check
    Please try following:
    • Open an admin command prompt
    • Copy/paste "sfc/scannow" (without quotes) and press enter
    • When it finished reboot your system
    • Open again an admin command prompt
    • Enter sfc/scannow again
    If sfc/scannow does NOT say "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violation" after the second SFC, please upload the cbs.log file located at {windows partition}\Windows\Logs\CBS\, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
    System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it finds.

7. 10 user Win User
    Please try following:
    • Open an admin command prompt
    • Copy/paste "sfc/scannow" (without quotes) and press enter
    • When it finished reboot your system
    • Open again an admin command prompt
    • Enter sfc/scannow again
    If sfc/scannow does NOT say "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violation" after the second SFC, please upload the cbs.log file located at {windows partition}\Windows\Logs\CBS\, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
    System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it finds. I have done this and here is a link to the log: https://onedrive.live.com/prev?cid=e...TextFileEditor

10 user, Oct 30, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

Item doesn't exists?
    What was the result of SFC?

9. 10 user Win User
    SFC said that there were errors and that it repaired them. Also, since reverting back to Windows 10 RTM, the BSODs have stopped! I wonder why...

10 user, Oct 31, 2015
  10. axe0 New Member
    The Insider Preview is very unstable and not recommended for those who don't want BSOD's and other problems. It is especially not recommended to run Insider Preview on a work pc.
    The RTM is the 'stable' version of Windows 10, at least stable enough for normal functioning.

11. 10 user Win User
    Thanks anyway for the advice to revert back to RTM Windows 10, much appreciated!

10 user, Oct 31, 2015
  12. axe0 New Member
    You're welcome.

If you don't get any BSOD within the next few days, please mark this thread solved.
    Else please run the DM Log Collector tool and upload the new zip file.

Thema:

1. BSOD When put to sleep and on startup - Similar Threads - BSOD put sleep

2. Computer crashing when put to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashing when put to sleep: Hi,Minidump: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0pdz2u69zg3amjv/121022-69343-01.zip?dl=0Computer occasionally crashes for no reason, but recently always when asleep.Motherboard: H110M-ACPU: Intel i5-6500Windows 10 Home 64bitPlease let me know if I can provide any other...
  3. Computer crashing when put to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crashing when put to sleep: Hi,Minidump: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0pdz2u69zg3amjv/121022-69343-01.zip?dl=0Computer occasionally crashes for no reason, but recently always when asleep.Motherboard: H110M-ACPU: Intel i5-6500Windows 10 Home 64bitPlease let me know if I can provide any other...
  4. Computer crashing when put to sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows crashes when put to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows crashes when put to sleep: This has been happeniing for about a week or so now, ever since the latest windows update.Every time I put my PC to sleep, it works fine for about 4 minutes, then crashes and reboots into BIOSonly started happening with the latest Windows update,and even more strangely when I...
  6. Windows crashes when put to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows crashes when put to sleep: This has been happeniing for about a week or so now, ever since the latest windows update.Every time I put my PC to sleep, it works fine for about 4 minutes, then crashes and reboots into BIOSonly started happening with the latest Windows update,and even more strangely when I...
  7. Windows crashes when put to sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Computer Crashes When Put to Sleep

Computer Crashes When Put to Sleep: I press Windows key, Power, and then Sleep. The display immediately turns off but my keyboard and mouse stay lit up, after about 1 minute the computer shuts down. When I go to turn the computer back on it goes through the boot up process. This problem only started happening...
  9. BSOD on laptop when putting it into sleep mode

BSOD on laptop when putting it into sleep mode: Been having this problem since yesterday,whenever I put my laptop in sleep(press power button) and close lid I come back after few hours to find it rebooted.After checking blue screen view I found that there was a BSOD,mainly two drivers watchdog.sys and dxgmms2.sys I used...
  10. BSOD When laptop put to sleep. ntoskrnl.wrong.symbols.exe

BSOD When laptop put to sleep. ntoskrnl.wrong.symbols.exe: Since upgrading to Windows 10 from 8.1 I have been having a recurrent BSOD when I put the laptop to sleep and once when restarting. From what I could gather from the dumps it is a ntoskrnl.wrong.symbols.exe error. Not entirely sure what is causing it. I believe I have all...