Windows 10: BSOD when restarting, and certain programs won't load.

Discus and support BSOD when restarting, and certain programs won't load. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This is a fairly new computer, about three months old. Everything seemed fine until I installed the 1903 update. When it went to restart, I got a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by L _Sym, Sep 30, 2019.

1. L _Sym Win User

BSOD when restarting, and certain programs won't load.

This is a fairly new computer, about three months old. Everything seemed fine until I installed the 1903 update. When it went to restart, I got a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE error. It wouldn't reboot by itself so I had to power off and back on. Afterwards everything worked fine.

A few weeks later, certain programs would not open, including Shogun 2, and Steam. While other things worked fine. I was forced to restart and had the same error after the system wouldn't restart. Powering the computer off and back on seemed to fix it.

I had the same issue again a few days later. The system couldn't create a minidump file for any of the occasions.

I decided to make sure all my drivers were up to date including my nvidia drivers (for a GTX 1660 Ti). I checked the device list to see if there were any device errors which there were not.

Earlier today, steam would no longer open, which was a symptom of the error on previous occasions. Other games and programs did work fine though which is what makes it strange - I could open and close things like firefox, photoshop, etc without issue. But I decided to restart. Once again it would not restart and I had a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE error although immediately following, the computer did manage to restart itself and create a dump file this time which is linked below:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_eTF7-yuvojv_skmkxla6AqD3MtwT4zk

I don't really know what the issue is and event viewer isn't particularly enlightening either. If anyone could offer any insight, that would be great, thanks.

:)

L _Sym, Sep 30, 2019

2. Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates.

When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened and nothing happens.

1. Using Windows 10 Home (x64)
    2. My microsoft user account is properly checked
    3. I´m the administrator of the PC
    4. Already tried do create another administrator user account - same problem, no success
    5. Cannot start any program/service that requires administrator authorization (not even regedit)
    Please help!

Fabiano Lehmkuhl, Sep 30, 2019
  3. after latest update my phone lost his network and won t work...several times restart by himself...also wi-fi tile won t work

after latest update my phone lost his network and won t work...several times restart by himself...also wi-fi tile won t work

radelovrić, Sep 30, 2019
  4. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

Thema:

1. BSOD when restarting, and certain programs won't load. - Similar Threads - BSOD restarting certain

2. Certain programs are causing device to restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain programs are causing device to restart: I'm completely at a loss and didn't know where else to turn at this point. Starting a few days ago, some software like Ultimaker Cura 5.4.0 and Armorsmith Designer will immediately cause my desktop to blackscreen and restart. None of the settings have been changed that I'm...
  3. Certain programs are causing device to restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Certain programs are causing device to restart: I'm completely at a loss and didn't know where else to turn at this point. Starting a few days ago, some software like Ultimaker Cura 5.4.0 and Armorsmith Designer will immediately cause my desktop to blackscreen and restart. None of the settings have been changed that I'm...
  4. Certain programs are causing device to restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Programs won't load or work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs won't load or work: A couple of hours ago while I was on facebook I suddenly had an AVG pop-up that it had secured a threat. I went to click AVG in taskbar icons but AVG didn't start/open and the icon disappeared. I went to AVG in c: program files and clicked on the exe and shortcut icons but...
  6. Programs won't load or work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs won't load or work: A couple of hours ago while I was on facebook I suddenly had an AVG pop-up that it had secured a threat. I went to click AVG in taskbar icons but AVG didn't start/open and the icon disappeared. I went to AVG in c: program files and clicked on the exe and shortcut icons but...
  7. Programs won't load or work

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Desktop and Programs won't load

Desktop and Programs won't load: I'm nit sure how to explain this, when I log in which takes much longer than usual the taskbar and start button loads, but nothing else does, even programs. I can restart my PC from Ctrl Alt Del and managed to enter safe mode, but I have the same problem there.[IMG]n...
  9. Microsoft Edge Won't Load Certain Webpages

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Edge Won't Load Certain Webpages: I'm at my wit's end with this one. I had an employee tell me that they can't browse the internet anymore. I discovered that they can surf just fine in other browsers like Chrome. The problem is with Edge. If you go to websites like yahoo.com, it just sits there with a blank...
  10. BSOD When Using Certain Programs

BSOD When Using Certain Programs: Tends to happen on a daily basis for whatever I'm doing. Looking for solutions to this problem because this issue is really aggravating *Mad Thanks for any help that is provided. 30347