Windows 10: BSOD when restarting: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, amdppm.sys

Discus and support BSOD when restarting: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, amdppm.sys in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Ryzen 5900XAsus Rog Strix x570-IWindows 10 21H1Had a power outage and since then my system has been BSODing when restarting. One of my storage disks in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JasonBach1, Sep 25, 2022.

1. BSOD when restarting: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, amdppm.sys

Ryzen 5900XAsus Rog Strix x570-IWindows 10 21H1Had a power outage and since then my system has been BSODing when restarting. One of my storage disks in my array also went offline. Reinstalled Windows 10 fresh from USB, problem still persists. Applications are also hanging when installing. WhoCrashed analyzer states the following. Does my CPU need replacing? or Motherboard?Crash dump file:C:\Windows\Minidump\092522-6968-01.dmp MinidumpBugcheck code:0x1000009F0x4, 0x12C, 0xFFFF9B06CC714240, 0xFFFFF80541F94840Bugcheck name:CUSTOM_ERRORAnalysis:On Sun 9/25/2022 12:18:47 PM your computer crashe

:)

JasonBach1, Sep 25, 2022
  2. Dan4815 Win User

driver_power_state_failure during restarting

Hi,
    I have problem with BSOD. Blue death come during restarting. Computer I must reinstall, because Windows 10 will not load. Will not load neither Safe Mode. driver_power_state_failure this is problem.

Dan4815, Sep 25, 2022
  3. BSOD amdppm stopping me doing a fresh install

Was getting BSOD about 1 or 2 minutes after booting up, tried a system restore which didnt solve the problem but added more problems with provisions for some programs and now cant use start menu amongst others things (only right click works), having problems
    opening any MS programs. Eventually solved the amdppm BSOD by changing regedit value of it from 3 to 4 which fixed the quick BSODs I was having. Eventually got another BSOD after few hours so decided to just fresh install but get the amdppm BSOD whilst trying
    fresh install so cannot overwrite or repair windows.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 3600, X570, 1070, 32gb Ram, 1gb M.2 nvme.

Trying to upload my minidmps, which will follow but stuck on 0 bytes uploaded via one drive atm and posting in case i get another BSOD

ArranWilson1, Sep 25, 2022
  4. BSOD when restarting: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, amdppm.sys

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD

Hi,

I have consistently been getting DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSODs and have tried following all the online solutions but nothing seems to be working for me.

I have updated all the latest drivers and also my BIOS and still have been getting this BSOD.

I have attached a link for both the minidump and memory.dimp files. When I have analysed these dump files it seems like the problem with the UsbHub3.sys driver and I have tried updating and reinstalling these drivers but nothing changes.

Dump files

My computer specs are:

CPU: i5 11400

MB: MSI MPG B560i GAMING EDGE WIFI

RAM: PNY XLR8 RGB

PSU: Cooler Master V SFX Series 550W

WilliamSu3011, Sep 25, 2022
Thema:

BSOD when restarting: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, amdppm.sys

1. BSOD when restarting: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, amdppm.sys - Similar Threads - BSOD restarting DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

2. BSOD on restarting Windows 11 DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on restarting Windows 11 DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: Hey everyone,I have an issue with BSOD crashes upon restarting on a DELL Latitude 7440.The dump files seem to point driver issues but I'm not well versed enough with debugging dump files to point out the specific issue. Research on similar errors have come to no frution.I...
  3. BSOD on restarting Windows 11 DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD on restarting Windows 11 DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: Hey everyone,I have an issue with BSOD crashes upon restarting on a DELL Latitude 7440.The dump files seem to point driver issues but I'm not well versed enough with debugging dump files to point out the specific issue. Research on similar errors have come to no frution.I...
  4. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x9F_3_BTHUSB_IMAGE_UsbHub3.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x9F_3_BTHUSB_IMAGE_UsbHub3.sys: Hello,I've a DELL Precision 5570 laptop and since some days it is suffering of freezes that ends in BSOD, analyzing the windows dump file I see always DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f exception.Any help is appreciated!Here below the WinDBG analysis output:Microsoft R Windows...
  5. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x9F_3_BTHUSB_IMAGE_UsbHub3.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x9F_3_BTHUSB_IMAGE_UsbHub3.sys: Hello,I've a DELL Precision 5570 laptop and since some days it is suffering of freezes that ends in BSOD, analyzing the windows dump file I see always DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f exception.Any help is appreciated!Here below the WinDBG analysis output:Microsoft R Windows...
  6. BSOD when restarting: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, amdppm.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when restarting: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, amdppm.sys: Ryzen 5900XAsus Rog Strix x570-IWindows 10 21H1Had a power outage and since then my system has been BSODing when restarting. One of my storage disks in my array also went offline. Reinstalled Windows 10 fresh from USB, problem still persists. Applications are also hanging...
  7. BSOD when restarting: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, amdppm.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD when restarting: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, amdppm.sys: Ryzen 5900XAsus Rog Strix x570-IWindows 10 21H1Had a power outage and since then my system has been BSODing when restarting. One of my storage disks in my array also went offline. Reinstalled Windows 10 fresh from USB, problem still persists. Applications are also hanging...
  8. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE - tcpip.sys, netwbw02.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE - tcpip.sys, netwbw02.sys: Recently I have been getting BSODs every couple of days and sometimes multiple times per day. I used Windbg and !analyze -v to see that tcpip.sys was the culprit, and then !irp on the 4th parameter to see mentions of Netwbw02.sys and vwifibus. I read somewhere that netwbw02...
  9. BSOD - every restart - bcmlw6.sys

BSOD - every restart - bcmlw6.sys: One of my laptops, recently updated to windows 10, gives a BSOD every time it is restart. The error message is system_thread_exception_not_handled bcmlw6.sys Any ideas on how I might fix this? If the computer is shut down it doesn't happen - it only happens during a...
  10. Hang at shutdown or restart - BSOD Driver_Power_State_Failure

Hang at shutdown or restart - BSOD Driver_Power_State_Failure: Hi All, I recently replaced my original HDD with a Samsung SSD 120GB, installed fresh Windows 10 Pro on my laptop and now, it cannot be shutdown or restarted properly as before. When I shutdown/restart the PC, the screen goes black but the power button light is still on...