Windows 10: BSOD when running Driver Verifier to troubleshoot WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD while gaming

Discus and support BSOD when running Driver Verifier to troubleshoot WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD while gaming in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I got random WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD while gaming after 10 min to 5+ hours with no dump file created. No recent changes were made.Drivers seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Goma Osug, Jan 24, 2023.

1. Goma Osug Win User

BSOD when running Driver Verifier to troubleshoot WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD while gaming

I got random WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD while gaming after 10 min to 5+ hours with no dump file created. No recent changes were made.Drivers seems up to date and memory/CPU/GPU/powersupply seems fine, according to tests.I tried every fix I found without success, and I used Driver Verifier as last resort and got a wdf0100.sys BSOD with a dump file created.Here it ishttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AmwJMIrTjhFuigtFJ3Ghve5DS8Y9Thanks in advance

:)

Goma Osug, Jan 24, 2023

2. BSOD - DRIVER VERIFIER DETECTED VIOLATION - AsusPTPFilter.Sys

Hello

I have an Asus ROG GL553VE , after the last windows 10 update 1803 I started to get the computer completely frozen seconds after loading to the actual gameplay of the games sometimes with a static noise and/or image starting to get white or parts of the
    screen going static. Here it is what i tried so far :

• Rollback NVIDIA graphic drivers - Didn't work
    • Rollback Windows 10 to 1703 - Didn't Work

What I have seen in some cases is that online games I get the screen frozen and the only to get out of it is to hard shut down on the power button of the laptop, in offline games I got the following BSOD:

• page_fault_in_nonpaged_area
    • system_thread_exception_not_handled

After some searches on the Web I decided to try the built in Driver verifier of Windows 10 , the BSOD that I get is the following :

• BSOD - DRIVER VERIFIER DETECTED VIOLATION - AsusPTPFilter.Sys

Can you please advise on what to do in this situation ? are these issues related or should I run Memtest?

Thanks.

kinglostsouls, Jan 24, 2023
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    BSOD hidclass with driver verifier

Hi Doc_Samson,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you receive Blue Screen error with hidclass.sys. In order to get to the root cause of the issue, we will need the Dump files, so that we can analyze them and assist you accordingly. I have sent a private message to you, please share
    the Dump files over the private message.

To access Private Message click on your Profile on the top right corner, then click on the ellipses, and select
    View Private Messages.

However, the hidclass.sys is a driver file for Human Interface Devices, which are basically, keyboard/mouse or gaming controllers. I would suggest you to disconnect all the external devices and see if that helps.

I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

Method 1: Update drivers

I suggest you to update the drivers on the computer, to make sure that all the drivers are up to date including Keyboard, Mouse, USB and HID Drivers. In addition, you may also update the chipset drivers from the computer manufacturer’s websites. Kindly
    refer the article
    Update drivers in Windows 10

Method 2: Check hard disk for errors

I would suggest you to run chkdsk utility to check any errors in the hard drive. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Type command prompt in the search bar on the
      Taskbar.
    2. Right click on the command prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Now, paste the following command and hit Enter: chkdsk/f C:
    4. Select Yes and restart the computer.

Note: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive when chkdsk tries to repair that sector if any data available on that might be lost

Method 3: Windows Memory Diagnostic

You can also run Memory Diagnostic on the computer to check for any memory corruption errors. Follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type mdsched and click on
      OK
    3. Click on Restart now and check for problems.

You may want to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

You can also refer the suggestions provided by auggy replied on May 15, 2018 in the thread

BSOD Hidclass.sys

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 24, 2023
  4. TavvoX Win User

BSOD when running Driver Verifier to troubleshoot WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD while gaming

BSOD when running driver verifier

Hello, I'm having BSODs when I run the driver verifier. I tried memtest and some errors showed up but I guess that was because some wrong settings since I put everything back to default and memtest was ok, but the driver verifier again caused BSOD.

I have the minidump, msinfo32 and my system specs. I really appreciate your help. Thanks

OneDrive

TavvoX, Jan 24, 2023
Thema:

1. BSOD when running Driver Verifier to troubleshoot WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD while gaming - Similar Threads - BSOD running Driver

2. BSOD when running driver verifier

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when running driver verifier: Background: For years my Alienware R3 laptop has been unstable. It seems to relate to drivers and perhaps hardware, but I've never figured it out. The most stable configuration seems to be to disable the Intel graphics driver, leaving the NVIDIA graphics driver enabled. If I...
  3. BSOD when running driver verifier

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when running driver verifier: Background: For years my Alienware R3 laptop has been unstable. It seems to relate to drivers and perhaps hardware, but I've never figured it out. The most stable configuration seems to be to disable the Intel graphics driver, leaving the NVIDIA graphics driver enabled. If I...
  4. BSOD when running driver verifier

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. BSOD when running Driver Verifier to troubleshoot WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD while gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when running Driver Verifier to troubleshoot WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD while gaming: I got random WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD while gaming after 10 min to 5+ hours with no dump file created. No recent changes were made.Drivers seems up to date and memory/CPU/GPU/powersupply seems fine, according to tests.I tried every fix I found without success, and I used...
  6. BSOD when running Driver Verifier to troubleshoot WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD while gaming

BSOD when running Driver Verifier to troubleshoot WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD while gaming: I got random WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD while gaming after 10 min to 5+ hours with no dump file created. No recent changes were made.Drivers seems up to date and memory/CPU/GPU/powersupply seems fine, according to tests.I tried every fix I found without success, and I used...
  7. Running driver verifier for BSOD

Running driver verifier for BSOD: Dear all,Please help me with the following :1. How to check whether driver verifier is running ?2. How to disable driver verifier with elevated command prompt ?3. What is elevated command prompt ?...
  8. BSOD while gaming: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

BSOD while gaming: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: Hi all. So I've build a brand new machine recently who faced a couple of problems here but I though the hard part was way behind. Two days ago I was playing Star Citizen then Gang Beast for almost 2 or 3 hours straight, no problem. Yesterday I was willing to play Hellblade...
  9. Troubleshooting BSODs with Driver Verifier

Troubleshooting BSODs with Driver Verifier: Hello, I've been having all sorts for BSODs in the past few months. Not a while ago I went deep into finding out the root cause of those. I stress tested my CPU, GPU, PSU and RAM and found no errors, so I moved on to Windows' verifier. I ran the tool with all sorts of test,...
  10. BSOD - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while gaming.

BSOD - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while gaming.: Hey guys; having WHEA's pop up after random amounts of time while playing ARMA, or generally any game, really. CPU - Intel i7-8700 @ 3.20GHz GPU - Palit GeForce 2060 RTX RAM - 32GB Corsair Vengance @ 2133MHz MBoard - B360M-DS3H - Gigabyte HDD - 2TB HDD Unknown Make/Model SSD...