Windows 10: BSOD When running games and downloading files

Discus and support BSOD When running games and downloading files in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey there,Posting for a friend. Most of the time when launching games, and very rarely when downloading updates, he gets a BSOD, error code:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by onywastaken, Aug 18, 2022.

1. BSOD When running games and downloading files

Hey there,Posting for a friend. Most of the time when launching games, and very rarely when downloading updates, he gets a BSOD, error code: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. Sometimes it'll launch normally, work for a while, but then BSODs again.He had MSI Mystic Light and Corsair iCue installed, and we removed them and ene.sys. It crashed once after removing them, but he had a successful launch afterwards. This just happened, so we aren't sure if it's actually fixed or not, and was hoping someone more experienced could analyze the dmp files to see if there is anything else we need to take care of!Please se

:)

onywastaken, Aug 18, 2022

2. Downloading games

Hi,

Install game in Compatibility mode

I would suggest you to install the game I compatibility mode and check: Follow these steps:

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
      ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists

Hope it helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Jenith_James, Aug 18, 2022
  3. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/Home

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Aug 18, 2022
  4. BSOD When running games and downloading files

BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 18, 2022
Thema:

BSOD When running games and downloading files

1. BSOD When running games and downloading files - Similar Threads - BSOD running games

2. PC crashes when downloading games and when running games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashes when downloading games and when running games.: My PC has recently started crashing more often when downloading large games such as GTA which is over 100gb and running games for a long time. I have a feeling something is overheating because my fans are not very decent and extremely loud. I’m unsure how to fix this....
  3. PC crashes when downloading games and when running games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes when downloading games and when running games.: My PC has recently started crashing more often when downloading large games such as GTA which is over 100gb and running games for a long time. I have a feeling something is overheating because my fans are not very decent and extremely loud. I’m unsure how to fix this....
  4. BSOD when running some games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when running some games.: I ran the dmp file through WinDbg and this is what I got:Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25200.1003 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\Minidump\050323-7156-01.dmp]Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack...
  5. BSOD when running some games.

BSOD when running some games.: I ran the dmp file through WinDbg and this is what I got:Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25200.1003 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\Minidump\050323-7156-01.dmp]Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack...
  6. BSOD When running games and downloading files

BSOD When running games and downloading files: Hey there,Posting for a friend. Most of the time when launching games, and very rarely when downloading updates, he gets a BSOD, error code: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. Sometimes it'll launch normally, work for a while, but then BSODs again.He had MSI Mystic Light and Corsair iCue...
  7. BSOD When running games and downloading files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD When running games and downloading files: Hey there,Posting for a friend. Most of the time when launching games, and very rarely when downloading updates, he gets a BSOD, error code: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. Sometimes it'll launch normally, work for a while, but then BSODs again.He had MSI Mystic Light and Corsair iCue...
  8. Consistent BSoD when Downloading large files / games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Consistent BSoD when Downloading large files / games: Hi,My computer has been running since February with largely no issues, and a lot of use, with the exception of when I download games. It doesn't just happen with one application, it happens if it's on Steam or Origin.I tried to troubleshoot it myself and update / roll back...
  9. BSODs when running games randomly

BSODs when running games randomly: This has been happening intermittently. I recently built a new PC last summer, I am now getting BSODs i have ran CPU stress tests, chkdsk, sfc, ran memory diagnostic as well. I have pulled up event viewer and i am looking at the logs. The error i got was system service...
  10. BSOD when running multiple games.

BSOD when running multiple games.: When im playing dota2, i m running marvel heroes 2015 as well, then BSOD came up, the error message was WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. Attached is the file needed. Not sure why the dump file cant be uploaded. If its needed please let me know. Any help is appreciated. 29993