Windows 10: BSOD when running Task Manager and clicking Perforance tab

Discus and support BSOD when running Task Manager and clicking Perforance tab in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since today I have begun getting the BSOD reliably, every time I click on the Performance tab of the Task Manager. The text of the dump screen is Stop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KarlInOz, Sep 15, 2020.

1. KarlInOz Win User

BSOD when running Task Manager and clicking Perforance tab

Since today I have begun getting the BSOD reliably, every time I click on the Performance tab of the Task Manager. The text of the dump screen is Stop code: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. I note someone posted the exact query here a few months ago but seemed to refuse to post their logs for scrutiny and so wasn't helped.

The background to my issue is that I was having an issue with the laptop camera not working with Skype and Teams so this morning I applied multiple windows updates and a camera hardware update. Mind you I didn't specifically run the Task Manager on the Performance tab before doing those so I can't say they definitely caused the issue. Now the camera works well with Skype and Teams but I can't check the PC performance on Task Manager.

The system is Windows 10 update 2004, Lenovo T440s i7 lappy. I have posted my debug files here . Hoping someone can give me a hint as to where to look without having to do a system restore.

:)

KarlInOz, Sep 15, 2020
  2. LeonLaude Win User

Task manager is blank in processes tab

Hi,

To troubleshoot the issue with your Task Manager, I suggest you to run the
    System File Checker
    to check if there's a broken Windows component in your PC.

To run System File Checker, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + X keys.
    • Click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below:

SFC /scannow
    • Hit Enter to execute the command. It may take a few minutes to complete.

If you find Verification 100% complete, click X to close the Command Prompt.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Kind regards,

Leon

LeonLaude, Sep 15, 2020
  3. z10556 Win User
    Task Manager not running

I have added a new task to the ones already populated which I suppose were in Win7
    The new task or the present tasks are not running as there is no entry in the history or
    recently run file
    are there other steps necessary to get the new task manager to start up ?

z10556, Sep 15, 2020
  4. dotmarty Win User

Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

1. BSOD when running Task Manager and clicking Perforance tab - Similar Threads - BSOD running Task

2. BSoD Whenever I click on the "Performance" tab of Task Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD Whenever I click on the "Performance" tab of Task Manager: Hello everyone,Today, I attempted to access the "Performance" tab of the Task Manager. Every time I click on that tab, the computer instantly crashes with the error code "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION." I have already tried the following:In Windows Powershell, I have run dism...
  3. BSoD Whenever I click on the "Performance" tab of Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD Whenever I click on the "Performance" tab of Task Manager: Hello everyone,Today, I attempted to access the "Performance" tab of the Task Manager. Every time I click on that tab, the computer instantly crashes with the error code "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION." I have already tried the following:In Windows Powershell, I have run dism...
  4. BSoD Whenever I click on the "Performance" tab of Task Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Right Click in Details Tab crashes Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right Click in Details Tab crashes Task Manager: Hi guys,Windows 11 user here. Whenever I am inside the details tab of task manager, I cannot right click on any application for example, to set its priority/affinity. This is because the second I hit right click, task manager instantly crashes.I really need help to get this...
  6. Right Click in Details Tab crashes Task Manager

Right Click in Details Tab crashes Task Manager: Hi guys,Windows 11 user here. Whenever I am inside the details tab of task manager, I cannot right click on any application for example, to set its priority/affinity. This is because the second I hit right click, task manager instantly crashes.I really need help to get this...
  7. Task Manager crashes with C0000005 when I click Performance tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager crashes with C0000005 when I click Performance tab: Task Manager crashes with C0000005 when I click Performance tab in Windows 10. Happens every time.Here is the crash report. How do I locate the fix for this?SourceTask ManagerSummaryStopped workingDate‎3/‎26/‎2022 10:11StatusReport sentDescriptionFaulting Application Path:...
  8. Task Manager crashes with C0000005 when I click Performance tab

Task Manager crashes with C0000005 when I click Performance tab: Task Manager crashes with C0000005 when I click Performance tab in Windows 10. Happens every time.Here is the crash report. How do I locate the fix for this?SourceTask ManagerSummaryStopped workingDate‎3/‎26/‎2022 10:11StatusReport sentDescriptionFaulting Application Path:...
  9. Task Manager crashes with C0000005 when I click Performance tab

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Task manager crashes after clicking "details" tab!

in Windows 10 Support
    Task manager crashes after clicking "details" tab!: Hello guys, I have been having this strange problem lately. When I open task manager and move to "details" tab, the manager crashes. I have tried running it safe mode. Didn't work. Antivirus didn't help either. Those are the some things I have tried to fix it. I have read...