Windows 10: bsod when starting games

Discus and support bsod when starting games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi guys! I am getting a blue screen of death every time I start a game. the game I am testing if the BSOD still appearing is Minecraft (Java... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ABoOoF, Jul 10, 2019.

1. ABoOoF Win User

bsod when starting games

Hi guys!

I am getting a blue screen of death every time I start a game.

the game I am testing if the BSOD still appearing is Minecraft (Java edition)

I had this problem in Windows 7 and Windows 10

all the drivers are up to date!

I have :

processor: i5-4670 3.40 GHz

GPU : Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

been trying to fix it for a while now I really need your help!

pllllzzz help me !

:)

ABoOoF, Jul 10, 2019

2. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 10, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    BSOD when starting games on Win 10

Hi Gibbinold,

Thank you for Replying back with the status of this issue.

Try the steps and check if it helps to resolve your issue.

Step 1: You can update drivers from the Device Manager and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to update drivers from the Device Manager:

• Right click on Start button, type
      Device Manager andEnter.

• Find the drivers which needs to be installed and also see if there are any warning symbols. If yes update the drivers.
    • Right click and click on Properties, and go to Driver tab and click on
      Update driver.
    Step 2: I would suggest you to update your graphic card drivers and check if it helps.

You can update drivers from the Device Manager.

• Right click on start button and click on Device manager.
      • Select Display Drivers.
      • Right click on the Display drivers and select Properties
      • Click on the device tab and select Update driver.
    Also I would suggest you to check for BIOS updates from the Manufacturer Website and check if it helps.

Try the above step and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thanks.

Arul_D, Jul 10, 2019
  4. Tom_Bell Win User

bsod when starting games

BSOD when starting games in crossfire

Hi, I'm new to the forum and have used the search facility to try and find an answer but to no avail, I've got an xfx hd 6850 1gb ddr5 and a Powercolor hd 6850 1gb ddr5. I crossfired them and everything seemed to work fine until I started a game (battlefield 3), then I get the BSOD, here's a list what I've tried...

• Both cards individually (work fine)
    • several catalyst drivers including latest 14xx and some 13xx
    • I downloaded the two bios roms that matched my card from this site and flashed the card with the ATI flash utility from this site
    • swapping the cards over in the pci slots
    • updating the bios on my mother board
    • expanding the atikmdag.sys file
    • uninstalling Daemon tools
    • disabling the AMD HD Audio driver from the device manager
    here are my system specs
    • motherboard- GIGABYTE GA Z87X-SLI
    • processor- core i7 4770k
    • ram 8 gb gskill sniper 1600
    • intel 520 240gb ssd
    • Dell H750E-01 PSU (750watt)
    • powercolor radeon AX6850
    • xfx radeon 6850
    I have had the xfx in crossfire before with a VTX 6850 until it bricked on me, that's why I bought the powercolor to replace it, ive never overclocked any of the cards (wouldn't know how to) and I'm quite new to crossfiring. I would be extremely grateful if anybody has a solution for me.

Note. the message on the BSOD does mention atikmdag.sys file

I've finally solved my problem after trying another 5 bios downloads this one ( Powercolor.HD6850.1024.101103_2.rom) finally worked, this site is amazing!!

Tom_Bell, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

bsod when starting games

1. bsod when starting games - Similar Threads - bsod starting games

2. I got an BSOD when start gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I got an BSOD when start gaming: I got an bsod when start gaming, i found this in event viewer"The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000001e00, 0xfffff803040fb320, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:...
  3. I got an BSOD when start gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I got an BSOD when start gaming: I got an bsod when start gaming, i found this in event viewer"The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000001e00, 0xfffff803040fb320, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:...
  4. BSOD on a custom gaming pc - bsod when starting or finising a game.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD on a custom gaming pc - bsod when starting or finising a game.: I have been slowly replacing/switching parts for my pc, still I havent figured out why my PC does the BSOD. Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.20153.1000 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File...
  5. BSOD when starting a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when starting a game: Whenever I try to start a game , a specific game nit all of them , I get the BSOD giving error Page fault in non paged area The reason xhunter1.sys I tried deleting the fike but it kseps coming back I contacted the game's customer support but apparently this case is...
  6. BSOD when starting a game

BSOD when starting a game: I recently updated my computer by installing new MB, CPU, RAMs and a M.2 SSD. I also purchased and installed a new copy of WIN10 professional because of the MB change. It turns on fast and works nicely, except that it goes into BSOD sometimes when I start a game. The...
  7. BSOD when starting game (WoW)

BSOD when starting game (WoW): Hi all, I am new here, and hopefully can ask the braintrust for some help. I recently returned to the game after a long pause (WoW). Now my system crashes almost instantly (within the first 20 seconds) of logging in and beginning play. I am at a loss as to what could be...
  8. BSOD when starting a mmorpg game

BSOD when starting a mmorpg game: I don't why im getting a BSOD when starting mmorpg games i don't get a BSOD with some other games ex: dark souls, roblox, speedrunners, brawlhalla, ETC but if i try to play atlantica online it just gives me a BSOD when the game starts my firewall or antivirus is not blocking...
  9. BSOD when starting game first time

BSOD when starting game first time: This is a little weird, I usually get BSOD when I start my PC when it hasn't been on for hours, but when I blue screen and boot Windows back up it doesn't seem to BSOD. I'm not sure if this is just a coincidence, but can someone please advise? 98292
  10. Bsod when starting a game

Bsod when starting a game: Hey guys, When im using my PC for normal use (internet,word,music, etc..) I have no problem. But the moment I start up a game I get a bsod. Does anyone know what the problem is and how to solve it? Thanks in advance! 34221