Windows 10: BSoD when switching to battery.

Discus and support BSoD when switching to battery. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The title explains. I have update chip set, bios, and all drivers available to windows update and support assist. I am using a Dell precision m6800.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by I'veGotRoot, Jun 10, 2020.

1. BSoD when switching to battery.

The title explains. I have update chip set, bios, and all drivers available to windows update and support assist. I am using a Dell precision m6800. Here is some of the things that caused the crashes:

BSoD when switching to battery. fa0d6294-f609-4cd7-89f1-6b39fa3b4a5d?upload=true.png

I have had issues every once in a while saying that ac power adapter wattage cannot be determined. I am using an official dell adapter.

:)

I'veGotRoot, Jun 10, 2020

2. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

BSoD when switching to battery. pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jun 10, 2020
  3. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

BSoD when switching to battery. pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jun 10, 2020
  4. BSoD when switching to battery.

How to disable battery notifications on laptop when connected to AC?

The Battery saver notification switch is set to 'on' and is grayed out, and can't be changed.

BruceNoonan, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

BSoD when switching to battery.

1. BSoD when switching to battery. - Similar Threads - BSoD switching battery

2. Laptop BSOD when in Battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop BSOD when in Battery: Hello, good day.I consistently encounter the Blue Screen of Death BSOD when starting up my laptop and during using it, and I'm unsure of the cause. I attempted to reinstall all my graphics drivers from the manufacturer's website using DDU.Memtest yielded no errors after...
  3. Laptop BSOD when in Battery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop BSOD when in Battery: Hello, good day.I consistently encounter the Blue Screen of Death BSOD when starting up my laptop and during using it, and I'm unsure of the cause. I attempted to reinstall all my graphics drivers from the manufacturer's website using DDU.Memtest yielded no errors after...
  4. BSOD when running on battery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when running on battery: For last few days, I am getting Blue Screen of Death when running on battery. I recall the issue occurred at least 5-6 times in this week, when I am on battery and never when plugged in. I thought if it is because of my SSD full. So I increased free space by deleting some...
  5. BSOD when running on battery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when running on battery: For last few days, I am getting Blue Screen of Death when running on battery. I recall the issue occurred at least 5-6 times in this week, when I am on battery and never when plugged in. I thought if it is because of my SSD full. So I increased free space by deleting some...
  6. BSOD when running on battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Battery drain straight to 0 when switching on.

Battery drain straight to 0 when switching on.: I have a MSI GF63 9SC, Recently it has been acting a little weirdly. Since like a month or so whenever i switch on the laptop, the battery would drop straight to 0, but if it is powered in while switching on, everything would be normal. Also when i tried to update it, the...
  8. BSOD when running on battery.

BSOD when running on battery.: I am using latest version of windows 10 and whenever i run laptop on battery or electricity goes off BSOD comes with error code WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. But if i run it on safe mode in battery it runs fine. PS previously if i run my laptop on turbo mode inbuilt...
  9. Energy switches to battery when plugged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Energy switches to battery when plugged in: Hello, I have a problem with my energy settings on Windows 10. When plugged in, the energy switches to battery; then i take the energy cord off and on, and it starts charging for some time, then it consumes the battery again. There is absolutely no problem with the cord....
  10. Notebook battery not charging when switched on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Notebook battery not charging when switched on: Hi all, I bought a notebook three weeks ago for my wife, specifically a HP 14-an009a. It had Windows 10 pre-installed. It worked perfectly for a couple of weeks, but an issue has cropped up with the battery. When it is turned on and connected to the charger, the battery icon...