Windows 10: BSOD when trying to enable integrated graphics and dedicated GPU

Discus and support BSOD when trying to enable integrated graphics and dedicated GPU in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am on a fresh install of windows 10 x64 build 1809 I have an AMD 2400G and RX 570 on an ASrock AB350 board. I want to have my primary display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mxpie, Jun 26, 2019.

1. mxpie Win User

BSOD when trying to enable integrated graphics and dedicated GPU

I am on a fresh install of windows 10 x64 build 1809

I have an AMD 2400G and RX 570 on an ASrock AB350 board. I want to have my primary display monitor plugged into the 570 and the 2nd monitor plugged into the motherboard display to use the iGPU. I had no problem doing this years ago on win 8.1 and an old APU.

The display driver for both gpus is the same file from AMD support. I updated to the latest chipset driver from AMD and am on a recent BIOS version that supports the CPU.

If I pull the 570 card out of my system and just plug into the onboard it displays fine. But if I force enable the iGPU in BIOS windows boots into a BSOD. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and it lists the file atikmdag.sys which I think is what crashed.

So I know there is nothing faulty with the CPU and the display driver for each GPU alone, but something is preventing them from being used at the same time. So far I have not gotten any help on the AMD support or ASrock support forums so I am hoping someone here will be able to shed some light on this issue.

:)

mxpie, Jun 26, 2019
  2. JulianKik Win User

Cant use dedicated gpu

Hello I'm trying to use my dedicated GPU in place of my integrated but after I saw this

BSOD when trying to enable integrated graphics and dedicated GPU 8fc74c05-82ae-48fa-9f7e-31638ceac217?upload=true.png

I had no clue what to do so I went into my BIOS to change it and there was integrated and switchable listed I picked switchable and still nothing now I'm here hoping somebody can help me.

I'm running windows 10 home version 1903, integrated gpu=intel graphics 3000, dedicated=AMD radeon graphics HD 7670M

JulianKik, Jun 27, 2019
  3. Integrated vs Dedicated GPU Query

Ok, thanks for the advice, it's good to know the fan is supposed to whir up and that the integrated GPU should do the job.

I followed the advice and set firefox on nvidia via control panel just to see what happened in task manager processes and if the fan still kicked in. It did and with the same level of noise but the GPU usage was showing much lower, (around 30%) and in processes it showed both nividia and integrated usage simultaneously, which was unexpected but perhaps the integrated may be other processes that are running rather than firefox. Although I can't think what.

Having looked through the nvidia control panel which is set to Global settings 'auto-select: Integrated', and then scroll down the list of programs in the box on the program settings tab, I notice just about everything is set to integrated, even stuff like vlc player. So the question that springs to mind is what is nvidia actually used for, if not even games and videos. What is the purpose of having a high spec dedicated graphics card.

ouroboros72, Jun 27, 2019
  4. BSOD when trying to enable integrated graphics and dedicated GPU

doriandiaconu, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

BSOD when trying to enable integrated graphics and dedicated GPU

1. BSOD when trying to enable integrated graphics and dedicated GPU - Similar Threads - BSOD trying enable

2. Integrated and Dedicated GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Integrated and Dedicated GPU: hi, my dedicated gpu is broken it cant play any games. like valorant it changes frames after I alt+tab. I have a 2nd monitor and i use it as my main monitor. so can i use the integrated gpu to play gamesit can run low setting am good with that but i dont want to disable the...
  3. Integrated and Dedicated GPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Integrated and Dedicated GPU: hi, my dedicated gpu is broken it cant play any games. like valorant it changes frames after I alt+tab. I have a 2nd monitor and i use it as my main monitor. so can i use the integrated gpu to play gamesit can run low setting am good with that but i dont want to disable the...
  4. Integrated and Dedicated GPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Direct System Processes to Integrated Graphics to keep dedicated GPU free?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Direct System Processes to Integrated Graphics to keep dedicated GPU free?: I have a Geforce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU with Radeon Integrated graphics on my laptop with 32 Gbs of Ram. My question is if I can allocate system processes Windows Defender, Mobile device service, basically just programs needed for my PC to run to my Integrated Graphics my Radeon...
  6. Direct System Processes to Integrated Graphics to keep dedicated GPU free?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Direct System Processes to Integrated Graphics to keep dedicated GPU free?: I have a Geforce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU with Radeon Integrated graphics on my laptop with 32 Gbs of Ram. My question is if I can allocate system processes Windows Defender, Mobile device service, basically just programs needed for my PC to run to my Integrated Graphics my Radeon...
  7. Dedicated GPU Not Showing In Graphics Settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dedicated GPU Not Showing In Graphics Settings: hello support so i bought this Asus X555BP over a year ago and changed the harddisk to SSD a few months ago AMD A9 Radeon R5 Integrated/Radeon HD 8500 Dedicated i wanted to change a game's graphics preference to dedicated which is my HD 8500 and i get this [ATTACH] ^...
  8. Integrated graphics and dedicated graphics working together?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Integrated graphics and dedicated graphics working together?: Hi, hello, stupid question I know but I was wondering whether it is possible to make your integrated CPU graphics and GPU dedicated graphics to work together and maybe get extra performance? Is it possible or is it just stupid? submitted by /u/FatalYT [link] [comments]...
  9. BSOD when trying to enable integrated graphics and dedicated GPU

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    BSOD when trying to enable integrated graphics and dedicated GPU: I am on a fresh install of windows 10 x64 build 1809 I have an AMD 2400G and RX 570 on an ASrock AB350 board. I want to have my primary display monitor plugged into the 570 and the 2nd monitor plugged into the motherboard display to use the iGPU. I had no problem doing this...
  10. Integrated vs Dedicated GPU Query

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Integrated vs Dedicated GPU Query: Hi, I recently started playing a bit of online poker (Governor of poker 3) via firefox quantum browser and I notice it makes my laptop fan whir up a lot which I thought was strange as I have a fairly high spec machine and the game seems fairly basic. I have an i7 quad core...