Windows 10: BSOD when trying to format windows

Discus and support BSOD when trying to format windows in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an Acer notebook, and some time ago it started freezing before the "loading windows" screen (while it shows the notebook brand and a loading... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JeanSanch, Oct 2, 2019.

1. JeanSanch Win User

BSOD when trying to format windows

I have an Acer notebook, and some time ago it started freezing before the "loading windows" screen (while it shows the notebook brand and a loading circle). (It won't boot in safe mode and the same happens in recovery mode).

When I try to format it using a windows 10 disk, it does show the white "windows is loading files" bar, then the starting windows message, and then it gives me a Blue Screen.

Blue screen technical info:

INTERRUPT_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

STOP: 0x0000003D (0xFFFFF880009F9130, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000, 0xDDDDD88001805032)

msachi.sys - Address FFFFF88001805032 base at FFFFF88001800000, date stamp 4ce7a416

PS: I've tried cleaning my ram, but no luck.

:)

JeanSanch, Oct 2, 2019
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Oct 2, 2019
  3. Windows Format Configuration (time)

Hi Joc,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps you to change the time format.

• Press Windows key + X key, clicking Control Panel, clicking
      Clock, Language, and Region, and then clicking
      Region.
    • Click the Formats tab, and then, in the
      Format list, select the Match Windows display language (recommended)
      under Format.
    • Check if the h: mm: tt is available under Short time and
      Long time format.

Please post back with the results, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Oct 2, 2019
  4. John Sarc Win User

Changing Time Format

Hi Mary,

There's a possibility that the set up time format in your computer Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) is military time. To have this checked, you can try to reset the time of your computer through Control Panel. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Open Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region >
      Change date, time, or number formats. This would open the
      Region
      window.
    • From there, click on Additional settings at the bottom part. It will open the Customize Format.
    • Click Reset; then, OK.

The steps should work; however, if not, we suggest that you contact manufacturer and have the BIOS time checked.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestions .

John Sarc, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

1. BSOD when trying to format windows - Similar Threads - BSOD trying format

2. BSoD when trying to connect with WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD when trying to connect with WiFi: I've been recently suffering from an issue where connecting to some routers causes a BSoD. It's either SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED or KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. In both cases the source is ndis.sys.The issue was rather infrequent usually not at home, but after...
  3. BSoD when trying to connect with WiFi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSoD when trying to connect with WiFi: I've been recently suffering from an issue where connecting to some routers causes a BSoD. It's either SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED or KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. In both cases the source is ndis.sys.The issue was rather infrequent usually not at home, but after...
  4. BSoD when trying to connect with WiFi

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. when i try to format an sd card it says windows cannot format and then says to unlock read...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i try to format an sd card it says windows cannot format and then says to unlock read...: when i try to format an sd card it says windows cannot format and then says to unlock read only https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-format-an-sd-card-it-says-windows/e44fc8fd-0e9f-44e1-885f-e01a8d23f6b1
  6. when i try to format an sd card it says windows cannot format and then says to unlock read...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when i try to format an sd card it says windows cannot format and then says to unlock read...: when i try to format an sd card it says windows cannot format and then says to unlock read only https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-format-an-sd-card-it-says-windows/e44fc8fd-0e9f-44e1-885f-e01a8d23f6b1
  7. when i try to format an sd card it says windows cannot format and then says to unlock read...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. bsod when trying to update to 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    bsod when trying to update to 2004: Hi, When I try to update to 2004, I always get a bsod at around 60-80% of the update. I tried updating again with no peripherals plugged in and I get the same issue. The bsod code is "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA". I'm currently on build 1909 Win 10 Pro. Secs: b450...
  9. BSOD when trying to reset network

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when trying to reset network: I've been having network issues for a long time. It wasn't that bad because it only occurred when waking up from sleep or cold boot. But for quite some time already(few month) I've been missing connection when working, which interrupted some of my proceedings. Blue screen...
  10. BSoD when trying to update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD when trying to update: Whenever I try to download the September update, my disk usage goes to 100% and the system crashes. I can do anything other than update and system never crashes. l have ranchkdsk /r with no problem detected. As for the dump file, I've only goy MEMORY.DMP which is 892MB....