Windows 10: BSOD when trying to perform a windows defender full scan

Discus and support BSOD when trying to perform a windows defender full scan in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone, today I'm experiencing quite an unusal problem. I went to windows defender to perform a Full Scan. As this process is happening my CPU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LouisVeerapen, Jan 13, 2022.

1. BSOD when trying to perform a windows defender full scan

Hello everyone, today I'm experiencing quite an unusal problem. I went to windows defender to perform a Full Scan. As this process is happening my CPU usage shoots up to 100% and my fans start spining really fast. After about three quarters of the way through the scan and my CPU usage still at 100% my computer locks up and instantly goes to BSOD. I have the mini dump file and will post the link to it here. I'm not exactly sure what's causing this issue. I appreciate you all reading this and hope someone can help. Blessingshttps://ufile.io/s810a09kMy Specsi9 10900k32gb RamRTX 3080 MSI

:)

LouisVeerapen, Jan 13, 2022

2. defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 13, 2022
  3. I am trying to stop Windows Defender from performing auto scans

Hi felixlang,

Welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

I'm not certain which winver you're using, however; I use 2004 and the periodic scan button doesn't appear until you click the link.

Search Virus & threat protection from the taskbar.

BSOD when trying to perform a windows defender full scan [​IMG]

Launch and then click on Microsoft Defender Antivirus options.

Then switch 'Periodic scanning' to off.

I now use MalwareBytes Premium and used Eset for years. I've never seen Defender scan anything unless I manually requested the action.

W10 Tweaker, Jan 13, 2022
  4. Brian Cab Win User

BSOD when trying to perform a windows defender full scan

Windows defender custom scan does not scan external drives

Hi Joe,

to scan external drives using Windows Defender, follow the steps provided below.

• Open Windows Defender.
    • Go to Settings tab.
    • Select the Advanced option.
    • tick the checkbox for Scan removable drives.

Regards.

Brian Cab, Jan 13, 2022
Thema:

BSOD when trying to perform a windows defender full scan

1. BSOD when trying to perform a windows defender full scan - Similar Threads - BSOD trying perform

2. I got BSoD SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION while I try to perform a Full Scan with Microsoft Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I got BSoD SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION while I try to perform a Full Scan with Microsoft Defender: I don't get any dump file for the last Black Screens cuz the system could create the dump file from a error, but I could recognize the bug since I could see it. What does it mean?...
  3. BSOD when trying to perform a windows defender full scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when trying to perform a windows defender full scan: Hello everyone, today I'm experiencing quite an unusal problem. I went to windows defender to perform a Full Scan. As this process is happening my CPU usage shoots up to 100% and my fans start spining really fast. After about three quarters of the way through the scan and my...
  4. BSOD when trying to perform a windows defender full scan

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when trying to perform a windows defender full scan: Hello everyone, today I'm experiencing quite an unusal problem. I went to windows defender to perform a Full Scan. As this process is happening my CPU usage shoots up to 100% and my fans start spining really fast. After about three quarters of the way through the scan and my...
  5. Full Scan in Windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Full Scan in Windows defender: I started a full scan in windows defender.It showing around 30 hours remaining. I actually wanted my system to shutdown.Will the scan be paused if i shutdown my pc or lost all the scan till now?...
  6. Full Scan in Windows defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Full Scan in Windows defender: I started a full scan in windows defender.It showing around 30 hours remaining. I actually wanted my system to shutdown.Will the scan be paused if i shutdown my pc or lost all the scan till now?...
  7. Full Scan in Windows defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Defenders Full Scan

Defenders Full Scan: I decided to do a full scan of my computer to see if everything was alright and it's been hours since then. It's still continuing to scan my files and the time remaining went down at first but now it's increasing instead of decreasing. I don't know why and I'm wondering if I...
  9. Full Scan with Defender

Full Scan with Defender: I know how to select full scan, but have no idea how to start the full scan. HELP Please 129441
  10. Defender: no Full Scan

Defender: no Full Scan: Windows Defender tells me no action is needed. But when I use "Run a new advanced scan" nothing happens. No dialog to choose option for Full Scan. Terry, East Grinstead, UK Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.167)...