Windows 10: bsod when trying to update to 2004

Discus and support bsod when trying to update to 2004 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, When I try to update to 2004, I always get a bsod at around 60-80% of the update. I tried updating again with no peripherals plugged in and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SamK_phx, Jun 5, 2020.

1. SamK_phx Win User

bsod when trying to update to 2004

Hi,

When I try to update to 2004, I always get a bsod at around 60-80% of the update. I tried updating again with no peripherals plugged in and I get the same issue. The bsod code is "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA". I'm currently on build 1909 Win 10 Pro.

Secs: b450 tomahawk, gtx 1060 6gb, Rysen 2600, 32gb DDR4 @ 3200, ssd boot drive.

:)

SamK_phx, Jun 5, 2020
  2. alexsubri Win User

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    bsod when trying to update to 2004 [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Jun 5, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond bsod when trying to update to 2004 :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 5, 2020
  4. bsod when trying to update to 2004

Windows 10 bsod

Hi,

We need to know that did you tried the steps which suggested in previous link.

Try updating the display adapter and also check for the latest system updates.

We suggest you to install the latest windows 10 updates, please follow the steps to install all the windows updates.

If you want to check for the update now, select the Start button, then select Settings
    > Update & security > Windows Update > Check for updates.

If the issue still persists, this issue may occur due to the HID (human interface device) drivers is out dated. Try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I suggest you update display driver and check if it helps. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows Key + R and type
      devmgmt.msc
      in the box and hit Enter.
    • Locate and Expand the HID (human interface device).
    • Right Click on the listed drivers.
    • Click on update.

Get back to us with the current status of your issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

bsod when trying to update to 2004

1. bsod when trying to update to 2004 - Similar Threads - bsod trying update

2. Error 0xc1900101 [0x40017] when trying to update to Version 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error 0xc1900101 [0x40017] when trying to update to Version 2004: Hello, i tried to update my Windows 10 V.1909 to V.2004 yesterday. I waited 2 hours for it to install and when i booted up the pc i was met with the horrible realisation that my pc was still on V.1909. A look into the "View all problem reports" tab confirmed this with...
  3. BSOD when installing Windows update 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD when installing Windows update 2004: Hello, I get BSOD when the system restart to be update to the win 2004 build. The stop-code is SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. Below is the system specs: OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version: 10.0.18363 Build 18363 System Model: HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cc0xx System...
  4. When to Force 2004 Update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    When to Force 2004 Update?: I still have not been offered the 2004 update by Windows Update. When should I resort to Update Assistant to install this update. I looked at the ISO method of update but Update Assistant looks more user friendly. With the 2009 update coming in a month or so it seems like now...
  5. BSOD whilst trying to complete W10 2004 feature update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD whilst trying to complete W10 2004 feature update: Hey guys, My PC and the 2004 update aren't getting along. I've tried to update it twice today, and both times it's had a BSOD during the 'restart and install' phase. My system doesn't get BSOD's in normal operation. I'm currently on Windows 10 Pro, version 1909, and I've...
  6. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE when putting PC to sleep and/or when trying to update to 2004

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE when putting PC to sleep and/or when trying to update to 2004: Hi everyone, Ever since I built my recent PC, I've been having issues with getting to enter sleep state. Sometimes the monitor just turns off, but the computer still seems to be on with no possible way to wake the monitor back up until I either reset it, or get a random...
  7. BSOD When attempting to update to 2004

BSOD When attempting to update to 2004: Hi, I'm trying to update my 1909 to 2004 but it gets to a certain percentage and then BSOD that says SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, any help on what is causing the issue? My dmp file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqrKHNhdOIMrgSLpT2ALyGVv11BV?e=FyLxz0...
  8. Update 2004 BSOD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update 2004 BSOD: Hey guys, I just discovered I'm still on Win10 1909, therefor checked for new updates. After installing 2004 i got an "inaccessable boot device" BSOD, changes were undone. Second attempt gave Error 0xc1900101, then the update was'nt available anymore. Manual update ended up...
  9. BSoD When opening Nox Player since 2004 Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSoD When opening Nox Player since 2004 Update: I'm getting a blue screen of death every time I open Nox Player. Before you ask, yes Hyper-V is disable (always have bean), Windows Sandbox is disabled. Before the update everything was ok. Virtualization is on in BIOS settings. How I fix that? submitted by /u/daveflr...
  10. BSoD when trying to update

BSoD when trying to update: Whenever I try to download the September update, my disk usage goes to 100% and the system crashes. I can do anything other than update and system never crashes. l have ranchkdsk /r with no problem detected. As for the dump file, I've only goy MEMORY.DMP which is 892MB....