Windows 10: BSOD when updating driver

Discus and support BSOD when updating driver in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi I'm trying to update my drivers and when I try to install the Intel(R) Serial IO Driver my laptop goes to a BSOD with the Stop Code: System... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dking, May 28, 2017.

1. dking Win User

BSOD when updating driver

Hi

I'm trying to update my drivers and when I try to install the Intel(R) Serial IO Driver my laptop goes to a BSOD with the Stop Code: System Thread Exception Not Handled. What failed: iaioi2ce.sys.

I had no open applications when this happened. I've tried it numerous times and it always goes to a BSOD when I try to install this specific driver.

The driver was downloaded from my laptop manufacturer's website.

Can anyone help me out with this?

Additional background

• I tried to manually uninstall MS Office and failed about a year ago. I might have messed something up in the registry when I did this.
    • I have three missing drivers which I can't identify (2 PCI devices and a System DMA Controller)
    • I recently restored my laptop and reinstalled W10 hoping that this would solve the problem. It didn't.
    Acer Aspire E5-511
    Windows 10 (upgraded from 8.1)
    Happy to provide any other info needed

Many thanks

:)

dking, May 28, 2017
  2. Rozale Win User

Windows 10 - Audio Problems- system_thread_exception_not_handled (RTKVHD64.sys) - BSOD when trying to update drivers

Thanks for the reply Amarjeet, but that posting doesn't really apply to me. I only get the BSOD when I try to update the driver as described in my original post. The link you provided is useful for people who continually get the BSOD.

Again I only get the BSOD when I try to update the driver... it does not reoccur unless I try to install a RealTek driver in the same manner.

Rozale, May 28, 2017
  3. Rozale Win User
    Windows 10 - Audio Problems- system_thread_exception_not_handled (RTKVHD64.sys) - BSOD when trying to update drivers

Rozale, May 28, 2017
  4. BSOD when updating driver

Hi,

I would suggest you update your bios: - Here

Lottiemansion, May 29, 2017
Thema:

BSOD when updating driver

1. BSOD when updating driver - Similar Threads - BSOD updating driver

2. BSOD when I update wifi driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when I update wifi driver: So I have this motherboard that has built in wifi, but I decided to get a wifi card. Anyways, when I try to update the wifi driver for the onboard card, I get a bsod with something about netwtw10.sys. Motherboard is Aorus B550 Elite AX V2 rev 1....
  3. BSOD when I update wifi driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when I update wifi driver: So I have this motherboard that has built in wifi, but I decided to get a wifi card. Anyways, when I try to update the wifi driver for the onboard card, I get a bsod with something about netwtw10.sys. Motherboard is Aorus B550 Elite AX V2 rev 1....
  4. BSOD when I update wifi driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I got a BSOD when i update drivers by windows update

I got a BSOD when i update drivers by windows update: Hello everyone.i have a pad and it run windows 10 arm on it.yesterday, i reinstall windows 10 arm and i succeed, but i see a update notice about some feature and hardware drivers update.so i download these, but i got a BSOD "soc subsystem failure" when the pad install and...
  6. BSOD When Trying to Update to Legacy Firewire Driver

BSOD When Trying to Update to Legacy Firewire Driver: So I'm caught in a frustrating catch-22.I recently purchased a Firewire card to transfer some old DV tapes over firewire via the camcorder. Did this no problem. I'd like to keep the card attached for other projects involving the camcorder and other Firewire devices.Ever since...
  7. No audio services, drivers BSOD when reinstalling after updating drivers and windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No audio services, drivers BSOD when reinstalling after updating drivers and windows: Hi everyone. Around 2 weeks ago I updated drivers and Windows itself and when it restarted, I noticed I had no audio. Ok, sure, has happened a couple of times and I can fix it. But not now. In device manager, the Audio, games etc section doesn't show up, meaning there are no...
  8. BSOD when updating drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD when updating drivers: "THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED - RTKVHD64.sys" I've had this issue since around late 2018 when I updated my PC for the first time since early 2017 ( I had windows update forcefully stopped via registry changes, and forced metered connection) I forget my PC has these issues....
  9. BSOD Driver verifier when updating to Windows 10 1803

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Driver verifier when updating to Windows 10 1803: Last week, my PC asked to run Windows 10 update. I ran it a couple of days ago. The update is from version 1709 (current and working without problems) to version 1803. However, when it's done and my PC starts to boot again, I get the following BSOD: DRIVER VERIFIER DETECTED...
  10. BSOD when restarting computer or updating wifi drivers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when restarting computer or updating wifi drivers: Hi All, Tried a few different things to try and resolve this issue and it is just bugging me. The system is running fine it just crashes when I try to restart my computer. I only notice I had a fault because when I shut my computer down the monitor goes blank but the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. updating drivers windows 10 bsod