Windows 10: BSOD when Using A Flash drive or external HD

Discus and support BSOD when Using A Flash drive or external HD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I m having a problem with my computer ,when ever i copy a large file from my external HD or Flash Drive to my computer, it freeze when copying process... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by henrybuno, Jul 29, 2019.

1. henrybuno Win User

BSOD when Using A Flash drive or external HD

I m having a problem with my computer ,when ever i copy a large file from my external HD or Flash Drive to my computer, it freeze when copying process is on 30-50%, Then BSOD - CLOCK WATCH DOG TIME OUT Appears....

my board is GA-A320M-S2H v2 and i already update its bios

:)

henrybuno, Jul 29, 2019

2. External HD Connection Problem

I have attached an external HD to my computer running Windows 10 and it will not show up in my drive list. The properties shows it as Seagate.ink - what is an ink file and any suggestions as to how I can get it to work?

ColleenTreacy, Jul 29, 2019
  3. 3d guru Win User
    Image Flash from one to another external hard drive

I recently updated to W10, but had some issue with the store and other things not working. I had a system image of W7 on a external USB hard drive from before the update and other system images from other pc's on and lot's of backup files on another 2TB
    USB external drive. When trying to flash the image onto the internal HD, Windows decided to flash from one external to the other and basically destroyed all my back up's I created over the years. When I realized it, in shock, I unplugged the drives. It was
    about 2 minutes in the flashing process, but I cannot use that 2TB drive anymore or retrieve any files, I did buy a HD recovery software but no luck.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

3d guru, Jul 29, 2019
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

EXTERNAL HD

Hello,

To better assist you with connecting your external Hard Drive to your device, we appreciate it if you can answer the following questions:

• Have you checked the status of the drive in Device Manager?
    • Have you tried updating the driver?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    In the meantime, we suggest running Microsoft easy fix by going to this link:

Find and fix problems with devices and hardware

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

1. BSOD when Using A Flash drive or external HD - Similar Threads - BSOD Using Flash

2. BSOD When plugging in external drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD When plugging in external drive: Hi! I've been trying to fix this issue for a couple of days now, so hopefully someone here can help.I have two internal and two external NVME drives on my machine. The first external NVME drive has been running well for a couple of months. The second one I just purchased....
  3. BSOD When plugging in external drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD When plugging in external drive: Hi! I've been trying to fix this issue for a couple of days now, so hopefully someone here can help.I have two internal and two external NVME drives on my machine. The first external NVME drive has been running well for a couple of months. The second one I just purchased....
  4. External HD ALWAYS reports that it is in use when ejecting device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External HD ALWAYS reports that it is in use when ejecting device: I have a WD 4TB Elements HD (2.5" USB 3 device). I use this to backup my laptop computer. I'm finding that when I try to perform a clean eject of this drive it ALWAYS reports that the drive is in use and NEVER gives the okay to eject the drive. What's odd about this is that...
  5. Can I use a new external HD as a Windows 10 boot media in lieu of a USB flash drive, then...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I use a new external HD as a Windows 10 boot media in lieu of a USB flash drive, then...: My PC got caught in a scary loop where it starts booting then restarts during my motherboard splash screen, then shows a message reading "Preparing automatic repair" during the motherboard splash screen, then reboots, and the whole cycle repeats. I can get to my BIOS with F2...
  6. Using a flash-drive or external hard drive

Using a flash-drive or external hard drive: Recently every time I try to use a flash-drive or an external hard drive, I get this message. I don't have a problem using the logitech wireless adaptor for my mouse/keyboard but when I insert a flash-drive or external hard drive this pops up. [ATTACH]...
  7. BSOD when removing external drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when removing external drive: I have update Windows 10 Home and created a backup with Macrium but when removing my Maxtor external drive by clicking on the hidden icons to safely remove the external drive I get a BSOD with APC Index Mismatch! I have run sfc /scannow which found some corrupted files which...
  8. Can I use an external HD like a usb flash drive to use the media installation tool?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I use an external HD like a usb flash drive to use the media installation tool?: an I use an external HD like a usb flash drive to use the media installation tool? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-use-an-external-hd-like-a-usb-flash-drive-to/4ff3b24b-d4fc-4237-9598-cf8127730e2f
  9. USB Flash Drive vs Portable External Hard drive for everyday use?

USB Flash Drive vs Portable External Hard drive for everyday use?: Hello everyone! Good day to you! For my laptop, I am stuck on deciding whether I should use a 128gb or 256gb flash drive or a 1tb portable external drive for my every day use like storing my software, documents etc. and use it for when I am out and about as well. What do you...
  10. Flash drives recognized but external hard drives are not

Flash drives recognized but external hard drives are not: My Windows 10 Home laptop will recognize all of my flash drives but won't recognize any of my external hard drives. They all use to show up but now they aren't. The hard drives show up in disk manager but won't show up in file explorer. I hooked them up to other laptops &...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ga a320m s2h v2 windows 10 bsod