Windows 10: BSOD when using AutoCAD 2016

Discus and support BSOD when using AutoCAD 2016 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone, it's my first time posting hoping someone can help me figure this problem out. I've had several BSOD whenever I try to install AutoCAD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BerQuiroga, Jun 21, 2016.

1. BSOD when using AutoCAD 2016

Hello everyone, it's my first time posting hoping someone can help me figure this problem out. I've had several BSOD whenever I try to install AutoCAD 2017 in my computer, so I decided to try and install the 2016 version to see if something changes. Things have changed, but not the way I expected, because I was able to install and open AutoCAD 2016 this time, though i got the BSOD after a few minutes of use, again.

I must say my computer is brand new (2 weeks) Toshiba Satellite C5168-4K and AutoCAD is one of the first programs I'm trying to install. I'm running Windows 10. Every BSOD I've got so far has been a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, so that's a common factor between all of them. I'm not having this issues addressed with other programs, so I'm guessing it's some driver or so.

The DM Log Collector file is attached. If there is something you don't get from my post, tell me, English is not my native language but i can try and put things clearer if needed.

Ber.

:)

BerQuiroga, Jun 21, 2016
  2. Emile_737 Win User

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE ASUS N551 WIN10

Hi,

1. I almost face the issue when I am using another program with AutoCad. Autocad is then minimized and when I come back to the program it is stuck. The only way to close the program then is kill the proces. After a minute the BSOD appears. It sometimes appears
    randomly but way less.

I think it only appears when I am running on battery power.

2. I am using the latest version of AutoCAD (2016). Also I installed the most recent Service Pack.

Can you analyze the problem from the dump files?

Hope to hear from you soon!

Emile_737, Jun 21, 2016
  3. Can not Install AutoCAD 2016 at window 10

Hi Emil Lau,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Community.

Before we start troubleshooting the issue, we would like to know the make and model of your computer.

I suggest you to check the system requirement to install AutoCAD 2016 on your computer. However, you may need AutoCAD 2016 service pack 1 to install the software on Windows 10 computer.

System requirements for AutoCAD 2016 | AutoCAD | Autodesk Knowledge Network

Also, I suggest you to contact the AutoCAD software developer team and check. As team over there can assist you better in resolving the issue.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 21, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

BSOD when using AutoCAD 2016

The latest dump points to your Nvidia driver:

Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys[/quote] All I can suggest is to try some of the older drivers here: Drivers | GeForce

Attachment 86393

Attachment 86392

See if any of them run better for you without BSOD.

Ztruker, Jun 22, 2016
  5. Thanks for the response, I'll try to install one of these drivers and try to reproduce the error. I have figured out from the dump file that the problem could be related with bad nvidia drivers, but haven't installed an old one. I'll yet you know how this goes.

BerQuiroga, Jun 22, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    You may have to try different one to find one that works.

One thing you might want to do is run sfc /scannow from a Elevated Command Prompt. See if it finds any problems and if so, what they are.

Ztruker, Jun 22, 2016
  7. I've made a scan by now, and my results were good. Here's a screenshot of the command prompt. Now I'll try with the old driver.

Attachment 86417

BerQuiroga, Jun 22, 2016
  8. BSOD when using AutoCAD 2016

Well I'm gonna leave an update. I got forward and tried to analyze what could be wrong, and got to notice that my screen wasn't working properly, stuttering at times and then crashing my laptop again, but this time without even opening AutoCad. So with little research on the forum I got to the conclusion that having 2 graphics cards on my laptop was causing the problems. I read the solutions suggested on this thread:
    All of a sudden 2 new Driver Power State Failure BSOD have happened!! - Windows 10 Forums
    The problem is exactly the same and it's almost the same computer. What a coincidence.
    I got it working by replacing the nvidia driver from Toshiba's page, and I'm yet to found if I can get everything working. So far I haven't been able to reproduce the BSOD, but if I know anything I'll let you know. Thanks for the help!

BerQuiroga, Jun 26, 2016
  9. Ztruker Win User
Thema:

BSOD when using AutoCAD 2016

1. BSOD when using AutoCAD 2016 - Similar Threads - BSOD using AutoCAD

2. AutoCad is Important?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    AutoCad is Important?: Enrolling In AutoCAD classes in Bangalore is regarded as a benchmark for beginning to build your 2D or 3D computer-aided design skills as 2D drafting and 3D modeling form significant core skills which are needed across all design disciplines.SevenMentor provide comprehensive...
  3. CTF Loader using capacity, Freezes AutoCad

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CTF Loader using capacity, Freezes AutoCad: I draw a lot with AutoCad. Recently AutoCad has been freezing up,then slowly recovering. Looking at the Task Manager, I could see that the "CTF Loader" was using a lot of capacity. When I ended the process, things went back to normal. Yesterday I drew all day, and this...
  4. autocad

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    autocad: I have made a mistake some how . I changed my back up files to Paint in windows and the icon. I need change them back to the BAK icon. I'm not to good on the computer and hope someone can help. I appreciate it . Thank you Bob...
  5. VBA Error When Using AutoCad Civil 3D Version 2018

in Windows 10 Customization
    VBA Error When Using AutoCad Civil 3D Version 2018: I am trying to run AutoCad Civil 3D 2018 version and I keep getting an error that says first: Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications Unexpected error 713 I say okay and the next box that appears says: Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications Class not...
  6. AutoCAD LT

in Windows 10 Customization
    AutoCAD LT: I use AutoCAD LT 2014. Will switching to Windows 10 affect this program at all? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autocad-lt/e2f0da7a-aa9e-463b-872f-9946abb939f4
  7. computer crashed when printing AutoCAD page

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer crashed when printing AutoCAD page: My windows 10 pc crashes every time i try to print a document from AutoCAD 2020 to an HP laserjet printer. It will print to a pdf just fine, and all other programs print fine. The error code for the crash is: Problem signature Problem Event Name: BlueScreen Code: 3b...
  8. BSOD when Printing from Word 2016

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD when Printing from Word 2016: Hey all Have a issue where printing a document from work 2016 caused the machine to Blue Screen … Only happen on specific documents. Any Ideals or Suggestions? Windows and Office fully upto date … Latest driver for the printer …. not happening to all machines....
  9. when i using AUTOCAD 2019, it always stuck , and then blue screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    when i using AUTOCAD 2019, it always stuck , and then blue screen: this is the dmp: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArcLS4-MGC03inNrg4wze0x_2ZId https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-using-autocad-2019-it-always-stuck-and-then/a3ad1771-6146-465f-9234-2f139e652c93
  10. BSOD while using any Office 2016 Applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while using any Office 2016 Applications: After a few seconds, minutes, or hours of using any of the Office 2016 applications, my computer crashes with BSOD. I got this Laptop around 2 months ago. I believe all the information on my system is in the attached zip file. If not, please let me know, I won't hesitate to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bsod autocad