Windows 10: BSOD when using camera on windows 10

Discus and support BSOD when using camera on windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Whenever i open the camera on Windows 10 Pro i get a BSOD and my computer restarts, i am using the webcam from my Lenovo Thinkpad T440P. I tried to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MikeB0i_01, Jun 30, 2020.

1. BSOD when using camera on windows 10

Whenever i open the camera on Windows 10 Pro i get a BSOD and my computer restarts, i am using the webcam from my Lenovo Thinkpad T440P. I tried to use Verifier, I tried to use the Windows Bootup Menu and I even used Safe Mode, and now I am stuck in an infinite loop of BSODs and my only choice is to reinstall Windows 10 Pro.

Any answers? ¯\__/¯

:)

MikeB0i_01, Jun 30, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Issues with using Camera on Windows 10 and getting black view while using the Camera.

Hi John,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if Camera driver is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• How exactly are you opening the Camera on the computer?
    • Are you using default Camera app or other camera app?

I suggest you to follow the method below to open Camera app in the computer and update the Camera driver in the Device Manager.

Step 1: I recommend you to open the Camera through default Camera app and check if it helps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Then type "Camera" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Check if you are able to use the Camera.

Step 2: I suggest you to update the Camera driver and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key

3. Expand Imaging Devices.

4. Right click on the Camera driver and click on Update Driver Software.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with using Camera on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 30, 2020
  4. BSOD when using camera on windows 10

my camera disappeared with Windows 10 update

Hello,

I appreciate for trying the troubleshooting steps for resolving the issue, as a next step I would suggest you to follow the below method and check if it helps.

An outdated or incompatible driver can cause this problem. As an initial step, I suggest you to visit the manufacturer website and install the latest driver for Windows 10.

If the driver for Windows 10 is unavailable, you may install the latest driver in compatibility mode.

Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow the below steps:

• Right-click
      on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.
    • Select Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check mark next to
      Run this program in Compatibility mode
      and select previous version of Windows from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Also, see: How to fix Windows 10 issues with cameras when the Windows Camera app fails to launch

http://blogs.technet.com/b/windowsc...n-the-windows-camera-app-fails-to-launch.aspx

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

BSOD when using camera on windows 10

1. BSOD when using camera on windows 10 - Similar Threads - BSOD using camera

2. CaptureFileCreationFailed when using camera.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CaptureFileCreationFailed when using camera.: Hi everyone, here's the error code that comes up when I use the camera app: 0xA00F424F video capture file creation failed 0x800703E6. I have tried: Reset the Camera App, change storage path, Change Save Location. I've looked up the second error code and it seems to be an...
  3. CaptureFileCreationFailed when using camera.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CaptureFileCreationFailed when using camera.: Hi everyone, here's the error code that comes up when I use the camera app: 0xA00F424F video capture file creation failed 0x800703E6. I have tried: Reset the Camera App, change storage path, Change Save Location. I've looked up the second error code and it seems to be an...
  4. BSOD when using integrated camera USB and when turning on the flash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when using integrated camera USB and when turning on the flash: I have an HP laptop 15-bs1xx and when I switch from the laptop webcam to a usb webcam an old xhc camera, model unknown I get BSOD. When the computer restarts the usb camera works fine, but i get BSOD once again if I turn on the flash built into the usb camera. I've tried...
  5. BSOD on using Camera app on Windows 10

BSOD on using Camera app on Windows 10: Hi, I have Lenovo Thinkpad X130e. When I try to use built-in camera using Camera app screen gets blue. Please recommend me what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-on-using-camera-app-on-windows-10/7cca0c33-8260-441f-819b-97daeef416f2
  6. Use chromebook’s camera as camera for windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Use chromebook’s camera as camera for windows 10?: Hello! I was wondering if it’s possible to use my chromebooks camera as a webcam for my windows PC. If not that’s quite alright but it would be very nice if it could. Thank you in advance to any responses! submitted by /u/SARGISMANTHE2ND [link] [comments]...
  7. Using a USB Camera with Camera app in Windows 10

Using a USB Camera with Camera app in Windows 10: I have a USB camera that is working in Skype and Zoom, but when I open the Camera App, I do not see a way to switch to that camera. I have checked in settings. Any advice would be appreciated. 140620
  8. BSOD When Opening Camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD When Opening Camera: I am using Windows 10.And I am using Lenovo EasyCamera And when I use an application that uses camera my PC Crashes And Gives Error Code:Kernel Security Check Failure Can Anybody Help...
  9. BSOD when using Chrome on Windows 10.

BSOD when using Chrome on Windows 10.: Hi, I've recently be experiencing BSOD crashes on my desktop when I am using Chrome and when I try to open Chrome on restart. I've updated my network drivers, but it didn't help. Any thoughts on what could be causing it, and how to fix. Thanks. 113197
  10. Windows 10 BSOD when not using PC

Windows 10 BSOD when not using PC: Hi, I have had 2 BSODs pointing to AuthenticAMD over the past few days. I have had other BSODs recently as well. All of them should be compiled in the attachment. Anyone see anything this could be? I have had the Processor and the RAM replaced previously, still was...