Windows 10: BSOD When Using Certain Programs

Discus and support BSOD When Using Certain Programs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Tends to happen on a daily basis for whatever I'm doing. Looking for solutions to this problem because this issue is really aggravating *Mad Thanks for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by 3ss4y, Nov 16, 2015.

1. 3ss4y Win User

BSOD When Using Certain Programs

Tends to happen on a daily basis for whatever I'm doing. Looking for solutions to this problem because this issue is really aggravating *Mad Thanks for any help that is provided.

:)

3ss4y, Nov 16, 2015
  2. Jose Est Win User

Issue when running certain programs and BSOD

Hi,

A stop error (also called a "blue screen" error) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. You also might see a blue screen with a message that your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart.

It will be great if you can provide a screenshot of the error codes that you are receiving.

You are correct, it is possible that it is a graphics issue as well. We suggest you to get the latest driver of your graphics adapter from the manufacturer's website.

In the meantime, refer to this link to troubleshoot blue
    screen errors.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jose Est, Nov 16, 2015
  3. DDavit Win User
    Issue when running certain programs and BSOD

Hey, yes I am still experiencing the problem. In addition to very often my laptop gets blue screen error with different codes. I think this must be related to the graphics issue as well.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

DDavit, Nov 16, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi 3ss4y,

Please uninstall everything of AMD using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from AMD. Be sure to ONLY install the drivers using custom/advanced options.
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys 5: kd> lmvm atikmdag start end module name fffff801`47940000 fffff801`48e54000 atikmdag T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: atikmdag.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys Image name: atikmdag.sys Timestamp: Tue Nov 03 23:08:43 2015 (5639306B) CheckSum: 014ABFE8 ImageSize: 01514000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

BSOD When Using Certain Programs [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Diagnostics Test
    HDD TEST

Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...s-how-use.html

Note Do not run SeaTools on an SSD as the results will be invalid.

Run chkdsk http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...isk-check.html

Run HDTune to scan for errors, health and benchmark.
    Let me know what the results are, prefered screenshots.

Code: FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner MODULE_NAME: hardware IMAGE_NAME: hardware DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:[/quote]

5. 3ss4y Win User
    Well, I ran the memtest while I slept last night, it didn't finish completely, but I looked and saw that it said 16 errors.. So does that mean that the memory cards could be whats making my computer crash? And if so, that would mean I need to buy new 16GB's memory cards, or is there a way to fix them? I also uninstalled CCC. I ran the SeaTools on the only thing it allowed me to, which was my 1TB hard drive, which barely has anything on it but steam games. Ran the HDTune on my SSD. Ran chkdsk. Also, ran HDTune and provided screenshots for all of the results, besides memtest of course because it ran after bios.

3ss4y, Nov 17, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    I would narrow down what slot/stick.
    You can do this by reading the tutorial properly.

7. 3ss4y Win User
    So on my mobo there are four channels to choose for your memory cards to go, so I just put both of my memory sticks on the other two available spots colored coded black, and ran the memtest again, and received 0 errors! I'll check back in if any errors occur.

3ss4y, Nov 19, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

That would mean a faulty slot, do you know what slot it is?

9. 3ss4y Win User
    The slots on my mobo are color coded, and I had my memory cards in the grey slots, so I just took them out of the grey slots and inserted them into my black slots.

This was my slots when I had 16 errors:
    Channel A - DIMM 0 Not Populated
    Channel A - DIMM1 8 Gig 1600Mhz Team Elite 1600
    Channel B - DIMM 0 Not Populated
    Channel B - DIM 1 8 Gig 1600 Mhz Team Elite 1600

Slots after swapping and running again and getting 0 errors:
    Channel A - DIMM1 8 Gig 1600Mhz Team Elite 1600
    Channel A - DIMM 0 Not Populated
    Channel B - DIMM1 8 Gig 1600Mhz Team Elite 1600
    Channel B - DIMM 0 Not Populated

3ss4y, Nov 19, 2015
  10. axe0 New Member
    Ok, put 1 stick back in 1 of the grey slots and run the test again.
    This to find out what slot is faulty.

Thema:

1. BSOD When Using Certain Programs - Similar Threads - BSOD Using Certain

2. When trying to install certain programs....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When trying to install certain programs....: After downloading programs from the Microsoft store, I get an error message when trying to install said program "such n such has stopped working, Windows is checking for a solution the problem after checking/searching A problem causes the program to stop working correctly....
  3. When trying to install certain programs....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When trying to install certain programs....: After downloading programs from the Microsoft store, I get an error message when trying to install said program "such n such has stopped working, Windows is checking for a solution the problem after checking/searching A problem causes the program to stop working correctly....
  4. BSOD when playing certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when playing certain games: Hello, I've recently been suffering from IRQL Not Equal or Less BSOD when playing Solasta Crown of the Magister on GamePass.I had recently reinstalled Windows 10 because I was encountering BSODs only when playing certain games, including No Man's Sky on GamePass and V Rising...
  5. BSOD when playing certain games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when playing certain games: Hello, I've recently been suffering from IRQL Not Equal or Less BSOD when playing Solasta Crown of the Magister on GamePass.I had recently reinstalled Windows 10 because I was encountering BSODs only when playing certain games, including No Man's Sky on GamePass and V Rising...
  6. BSOD when playing certain games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. BSOD when restarting, and certain programs won't load.

BSOD when restarting, and certain programs won't load.: This is a fairly new computer, about three months old. Everything seemed fine until I installed the 1903 update. When it went to restart, I got a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE error. It wouldn't reboot by itself so I had to power off and back on. Afterwards everything worked...
  8. BSOD when playing certain games

BSOD when playing certain games: I get BSOD's when playing certain games; Deus Ex Mankind Divided, Civilization VI, and Witcher 3. However, I don't get BSOD's when playing Crysis 3, or Call of Duty Infinite Warfare. The driver that's causing it is Hal.dll. My PSU is new, and I ran the windows memory test and...
  9. BSOD when using a certain RAM slot

BSOD when using a certain RAM slot: Hello I've been having this BSOD issue for quite some time now during certain games and finally decided I should do something about it. Things I have done already: formatted my pc memtest (two times overnight no issues found) Updated bios to a new version but not the...
  10. BSOD when playing certain games

BSOD when playing certain games: My laptop been having this problem for this many times. While gaming everyday, have BSOD almost everyday. Screen went blue and won't restart at all. have to manually restart the laptop. The DM Log Collector file is attached. From: Kevin 29255