Windows 10: BSOD when using dual monitors

Discus and support BSOD when using dual monitors in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; PC specs: OS: WINDOWS 10 PRO 1909 BUILD 18363.836 CPU: AMD RYZEN 3 1300X GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 DDR3 128bit MOB: GIGABYTE AB350M GAMING 3-CP PSU:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MCabZ, Jul 2, 2020.

1. MCabZ Win User

BSOD when using dual monitors

PC specs:
    CPU: AMD RYZEN 3 1300X
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 DDR3 128bit
    MOB: GIGABYTE AB350M GAMING 3-CP
    PSU: TACENS RADIX IV-450W
    RAM: CORSAIR 16GB DDR4 1064.1 MHz

MONITOR:
    BenQ GL2450 24"
    AOC U2879VF 28"

HDD:
    SAMSUNG SSD 840 EV0 250 GB
    WDC WD5000AAKX-001CA0
    WDC WD10JPVX-60JC3T0
    TOSHIBA MK5065GSXF

Whenever I am running a dual monitor setup I get a slew of BSOD errors:
    * STOP CODE: DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL // WHAT FAILED: NDU.SYS
    * STOP CODE: DPC WATCHCODE VIOLATION
    * KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED // FAILED: NDU.SYS
    * SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED // FAILED: NDU.SYS
    * KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE
    + KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED // FAILED: FWPKCLNT.SYS

No BSOD errors when using only the 28" AOC (configured at 3840x2160) or only the BenQ 24" @ 1920x1080
    The GPU is my main suspect despite the fact that it can handle more than one monitor. It has updated drivers. The PSU is only 450W, although I doubt that it has much influence on powering the monitors. Reluctant to change the PSU or GPU without having a clear idea as to the probable cause of the BSOD when using a dual monitor configuration. Any thoughts are welcome. TIA.

:)

MCabZ, Jul 2, 2020
  2. Liam1 Win User

BSOD When using dual monitors - ?Intel Graphics problem

Hello everyone,

This is a problem I faced in Windows 7. I performed an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro and I'm still facing the same BSOD.

I've only really noticed this when having both monitors turned on but I think it has happened a couple of times when I've only had one monitor on. It only usually happens when the screens have gone into power saving mode and I come back and move the mouse. It doesn't happen every single time, it's a little sporadic.

As requested I have attached the logs using the forum's tools. My system specs on my profile are also up-to-date. Below is a list of steps I've already taken:

• Tested RAM (ran Memtest 16hrs+)
    • Flashed BIOS to its latest version
    • Upgraded/downgraded Intel drivers for graphics
    • Virus/malware scans (no viruses etc.)

Please advise. BSOD when using dual monitors :)

Any help is appreciated in advance.

Thanks,

Liam BSOD when using dual monitors :)

Liam1, Jul 2, 2020
  3. Taskbar displaying in an incorrect position when using scaling on a dual monitor setup

Hi Jav,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the display on dual monitor. Do not worry will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the make and model of your device?

This issue might have occurred due to display drivers. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the display drivers and check if the issue persists.

Steps to Update Graphics Driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Also, check if the issue persists on 100% screen resolution as well.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 2, 2020
  4. BSOD when using dual monitors

Dual Monitor Setup & Speakers

Hi,

There are several factors which could prevent your dual monitors and your speakers from working properly. In order for us to effectively assist you with your concern, we just have a few questions for you:

• Are you getting an error message/code when trying to run the dual monitors?
    • Have you tried running the hardware troubleshooter?
    • Have you tried running the System File Checker tool?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you already performed?

Regards.

Darian Tab, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

BSOD when using dual monitors

1. BSOD when using dual monitors - Similar Threads - BSOD using dual

2. Dual monitor BSOD when waking up or turning off main monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitor BSOD when waking up or turning off main monitor.: As the title says, I get a BSOD every time I either turn off my main monitor or wake up my pc from sleep it seems like the second monitor wakes up first, and it "counts" as if my main monitor got turned off or something. I have my graphics drivers up to date and...
  3. Dual monitor BSOD when waking up or turning off main monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual monitor BSOD when waking up or turning off main monitor.: As the title says, I get a BSOD every time I either turn off my main monitor or wake up my pc from sleep it seems like the second monitor wakes up first, and it "counts" as if my main monitor got turned off or something. I have my graphics drivers up to date and...
  4. BSOD when using any external monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when using any external monitor: I am getting a BSOD pretty often and in different scenarios, on Windows 10 Home edition using an Acer laptop specs are at the end of the post. This ONLY occurs when I am using an external monitor I am usually on a Dell C2722DE but it happens on any external screen AND I do...
  5. Issue with using Dual Monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issue with using Dual Monitors: Greetings all; I just installed 2nd monitor. Settings are EXTENDED. My cursor moves from main screen to second screen BUTTTT, when I attempt to move a window it does not appear on 2nd monitor. Assistance appreciated, TIA sonny...
  6. Using Dual Monitors on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using Dual Monitors on Windows 10: I am trying to get set up for home working. I have a Windows 10 laptop and two monitors that I want to work from, and be able to view different things side by side. The monitors are connected to the laptop via a HDMI splitter cable. The problem I am having is that when I...
  7. Dual External Monitors using a labtop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual External Monitors using a labtop: Using a laptop, I want to use Display Duplicate and Display Extended at the same time. I only have one HDMI port. If I get a USB video adapter can I do this?...
  8. Using Dual monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using Dual monitors: I have two monitors - one good graphics/images large screen that I like to keep with a plain background. The other I have had scrolling photos form the "Pictures" folder - they would be displayed several at a time and change periodically. Over night something happened ( a...
  9. BSOD When using dual monitors - ?Intel Graphics problem

BSOD When using dual monitors - ?Intel Graphics problem: Hello everyone, This is a problem I faced in Windows 7. I performed an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro and I'm still facing the same BSOD. I've only really noticed this when having both monitors turned on but I think it has happened a couple of times when I've only had one...
  10. BSOD when using two monitors

BSOD when using two monitors: Hello all, I am facing issue as I am using two monitor at same time to extend the screen. I didn't have this Issue before, but I am not exactly sure what caused this issue. I am assuming windows 10, because I don't recall having this sort of problem in previous windows....