Windows 10: BSOD when using File Manager and external devices

Discus and support BSOD when using File Manager and external devices in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have had several BSOD today. It started off with File Manager freezing when selecting a file but then quickly progressed to BSOD. It even happened... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tadpole7374, Jul 9, 2020.

1. BSOD when using File Manager and external devices

I have had several BSOD today. It started off with File Manager freezing when selecting a file but then quickly progressed to BSOD. It even happened with other software which required me to save files to File Manager. I removed all external devices such as scanner, speakers, headphones and even bluetooth mouse replacing it with a USB one. This seemed to work for a while but when I plugged the headphones back in, I got an instant BSOD. I removed them again but am still getting BSOD when using File Manager. I did manage to grab some of the minidump files. I have attached the latest one.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmtZhDuqh77Khu049tinVh1SaNfu8w?e=jCM2We

:)

tadpole7374, Jul 9, 2020

2. IRQ memory BSODS, device manager, memory range?

The only time I've seen that type of BSOD for myself is when I fried the PCI-e slots on my Striker 2 board... There wasn't anything that I could do, try and rma and go on.. I would suggest the steps that MilkyWay has said.. But, if you really don't know much about Bios's... I wouldn't play with Irq's... That can mess up everything on your board. USB, ethernet, ram, chip... But, that's just me on playing with irq's... To much of a hassle IMHO..

Cold Storm, Jul 9, 2020
  3. seejp Win User
    external hard drive showing up in device management but not disk management

Hi,

I recently tried to use a brand new Seagate 2TB External HD, but it is not showing up. It initially showed up, but after I tried reformatting it to exFAT32, it disappeared from the disk management list.

I then tried:

• refreshing the disk management list,
    • inserting into a different USB port,
    • re-starting my computer, and
    • uninstalling the device from device manager/letting it refresh,

I still can't see it. There is no yellow error in the USB controller list.

I'm on Windows 10.

Intel i5-3317U @ 1.7GHz

Any suggestions? Thanks!

seejp, Jul 9, 2020
  4. BSOD when using File Manager and external devices

No hardware listed in Device manager?

I don't konw whathappend but in Device manager and in my Network connections there is nothing where there used to be a Modem listed and all my hardware in Device Manager. What happend and how do I fix this?

BSOD when using File Manager and external devices What%20the%20Crap.jpg

AphexDreamer, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

BSOD when using File Manager and external devices

1. BSOD when using File Manager and external devices - Similar Threads - BSOD using File

2. BSOD when using any external monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when using any external monitor: I am getting a BSOD pretty often and in different scenarios, on Windows 10 Home edition using an Acer laptop specs are at the end of the post. This ONLY occurs when I am using an external monitor I am usually on a Dell C2722DE but it happens on any external screen AND I do...
  3. BSOD when using any external monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when using any external monitor: I am getting a BSOD pretty often and in different scenarios, on Windows 10 Home edition using an Acer laptop specs are at the end of the post. This ONLY occurs when I am using an external monitor I am usually on a Dell C2722DE but it happens on any external screen AND I do...
  4. BSOD when using any external monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. External HDD appears in device manager but not disk manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External HDD appears in device manager but not disk manager: I was transferring data to my external HDD when the transfer dropped to 0b/s and refused to pause and cancel, eventually resulting in the window becoming unresponsive. I ended up plugging out the HDD at that point as I couldn't get it to eject. Subsequently the HDD was no...
  6. External HD ALWAYS reports that it is in use when ejecting device

External HD ALWAYS reports that it is in use when ejecting device: I have a WD 4TB Elements HD (2.5" USB 3 device). I use this to backup my laptop computer. I'm finding that when I try to perform a clean eject of this drive it ALWAYS reports that the drive is in use and NEVER gives the okay to eject the drive. What's odd about this is that...
  7. BSOD when copying files from external HDD to external HDD

BSOD when copying files from external HDD to external HDD: Long story short, I've purchased a 5TB WD Mypassport USB C HDD to replace my 4tb wd my passport and I'm usding syncback to copy over about 2.8TB of backups and what not Twice now I've had it crash while running. I've come back to it and found it has restarted. found the...
  8. External HD's showing in device manager, and disk manager, can't access files

External HD's showing in device manager, and disk manager, can't access files: Apparently this has been a problem for a long time; why there's no fix is confounding and very disappointing. No, I can't allocate a letter drive to the disks. Right clicking on them in disk management reveals no clickable menu items except delete volume or help. This...
  9. BSOD when Using A Flash drive or external HD

BSOD when Using A Flash drive or external HD: I m having a problem with my computer ,when ever i copy a large file from my external HD or Flash Drive to my computer, it freeze when copying process is on 30-50%, Then BSOD - CLOCK WATCH DOG TIME OUT Appears.... my board is GA-A320M-S2H v2 and i already update its bios...
  10. BSOD seems to happen when attaching and removing external devices

BSOD seems to happen when attaching and removing external devices: Dear Sir/Madame, I have been having an intermittent problem with my Acer Aspire 5251-1805 running Windows 10 and it was not a problem previously. I noticed that when I was attaching an external drive or wi-fi booster on my computer it will crash and restart. I get a message...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. selecting hdd in file manager bsod