Windows 10: BSOD when using integrated camera USB and when turning on the flash

Discus and support BSOD when using integrated camera USB and when turning on the flash in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an HP laptop 15-bs1xx and when I switch from the laptop webcam to a usb webcam an old xhc camera, model unknown I get BSOD. When the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KaphCha, Jan 18, 2021.

1. KaphCha Win User

BSOD when using integrated camera USB and when turning on the flash

I have an HP laptop 15-bs1xx and when I switch from the laptop webcam to a usb webcam an old xhc camera, model unknown I get BSOD. When the computer restarts the usb camera works fine, but i get BSOD once again if I turn on the flash built into the usb camera. I've tried updating the drivers both with Windows and with driver booster.

I think here is the minidump file related to this problem:

https://units-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/r/personal/s252016_ds_units_it/Documents/minidump?csf=1&web=1&e=Ioend6

:)

KaphCha, Jan 18, 2021

2. E71 Camera Flash Doesn't Turn Off

Yeah I'm facing the same problem, but not only with camera flash, also with camera tone. whenever I turned off the flash and take a click the flash will blink, and in settings flash will "Automatic", and second case is there is no option to turn off capture
    tone. pls help with simple suggestions..

sameeerali, Jan 18, 2021
  3. Windows 10 detects USB flash drives but not USB camera or smartphone

When I connect USB flash drives (simple storage drives), they are detected by Windows 10 without problem.

However, when I connect Android smartphones or cameras, the USB sound notification is heard, but the USB devices won't show up on file explorer.

I have tried these so far:

1. Since smartphones and cameras use MTP protocol, I installed MTP drivers for Windows 10, but problem persists.
    2. Even updated the system bios! No luck.
    3. Tried to update USB drivers, didn't help.
    4. Played around with power options regarding USB, again no luck.

Can anybody help.

user3405291, Jan 18, 2021
  4. BSOD when using integrated camera USB and when turning on the flash

Integrated Camera does not display color

Hi KBrownUNF, thank you for reaching out to us. My name is Jayson, an Independent Advisor for Microsoft Community and a user just like you. I'll be glad to assist you.

I understand that you have issue with your integrated laptop camera in greyscale. Might I suggest that you check this link, it is having a different issue with yours but the procedure to fix is just the same. I suggest you follow the steps listed.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Also if this is the first time that you are using the webcam, can you check maybe there is a sticker/plastic in front of the camera.

Let me know if this works and I'll be happy to help you to fix this.

JaysonEstimos, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

BSOD when using integrated camera USB and when turning on the flash

1. BSOD when using integrated camera USB and when turning on the flash - Similar Threads - BSOD using integrated

2. BSOD when I use USB-Tethering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when I use USB-Tethering: My computer crashes randomly when I use usb tethering rather than normal ethernet. Usually crashes when watching youtube or browsing web, not when gaming.All the instabilities go away when I use the ethernet port at the back of the pc....
  3. BSOD when I use USB-Tethering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when I use USB-Tethering: My computer crashes randomly when I use usb tethering rather than normal ethernet. Usually crashes when watching youtube or browsing web, not when gaming.All the instabilities go away when I use the ethernet port at the back of the pc....
  4. BSOD when I use USB-Tethering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop turns to sleep when a USB flash drive pluged in the USB Hub

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop turns to sleep when a USB flash drive pluged in the USB Hub: I have a USB 3.0 hub going with AC power adapter, so it has enough power for itself, and it did not matter if I plugged in one, two or three USB flash drivers, it always worked well. (It is 7 port USB 3.0 hub). Suddenly since April until now my laptop turned to sleep...
  6. integrated camera turns on then off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    integrated camera turns on then off: on my lenovo laptop t450 My camera has stopped working. I've checked the privacy settings - turned them on and off again - to allow it to be used in any setting. It's not working on facebook video, zoom or even when I do a check of my camera. I've uninstalled a driver and...
  7. BSOD when using camera on windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when using camera on windows 10: Whenever i open the camera on Windows 10 Pro i get a BSOD and my computer restarts, i am using the webcam from my Lenovo Thinkpad T440P. I tried to use Verifier, I tried to use the Windows Bootup Menu and I even used Safe Mode, and now I am stuck in an infinite loop of BSODs...
  8. usb integrated camera

usb integrated camera: My camera displays me upside down on skype, have tried all advice and followed videos and no change. Any help would be appreciated Harold https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-integrated-camera/13f2d80c-78ae-48a1-8140-996c154362b9
  9. BSOD when Using A Flash drive or external HD

BSOD when Using A Flash drive or external HD: I m having a problem with my computer ,when ever i copy a large file from my external HD or Flash Drive to my computer, it freeze when copying process is on 30-50%, Then BSOD - CLOCK WATCH DOG TIME OUT Appears.... my board is GA-A320M-S2H v2 and i already update its bios...
  10. Camera light turning on when microphone is in use

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Camera light turning on when microphone is in use: Hello, thank you for taking the time to answer this thread! I like to know what is going on with my computer all the time. One of my hobbies is calling scammers and wasting all there time, saves scamming the at risk. I like how the standard of having a light illuminating...