Windows 10: BSOD When using MSI Afterburner Auto OC minidump

Discus and support BSOD When using MSI Afterburner Auto OC minidump in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, All.I have been researching Overclocks for RAM, CPU, GPU, and tweaking settings after reading and much research to ensure I'm within safe values... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MALBurr, Jun 1, 2021.

1. MALBurr Win User

BSOD When using MSI Afterburner Auto OC minidump

Hi, All.I have been researching Overclocks for RAM, CPU, GPU, and tweaking settings after reading and much research to ensure I'm within safe values for everything. I was actually trying to undervolt my CPU with all cores at 4200 Which seemed to be stable, used DRAM Calc for Ryzen to tighten my ddr4 timings. I stress tested everything, and even did a stress test overnight to ensure stability.The problems started happening when I went into MSI Afterburner and tried using the Auto OC feature in the program. About ten minutes into the scan Between 30-50% I get BSOD with DPC Watchdog Violation

:)

MALBurr, Jun 1, 2021
  2. Hemimax Win User

Latest MSI Afterburner Betas & Updates

As it looks:
    Attachment 215774

The individual components:
    Attachment 215773 *Cool Thanks Cliff, another nice one! *Thumbs

Hemimax, Jun 1, 2021
  3. CountMike Win User
    Latest MSI Afterburner Betas & Updates

As it looks:
    Attachment 215774

The individual components:
    Attachment 215773 Tnx. Cliff, it looks amazing and exactly in keeping with my windows theme.

CountMike, Jun 1, 2021
  4. gen66 Win User

MSI Afterburner error -22 when closing, computer can't auto shut down.

Hi, if I try to manually close MSI Afterburner it shows CTaskSchedulerInterface::AddTask failed with error code -22!

which also prevents PC from auto shut down and I have to manually click to end MSI afterburner process to shut down properly.

I've done all the simple things trying to fix this, reinstall, registry cleaner etc.

I've opened task manager and I can't disable tasks there because it says im not admin (and I'm with my admin account). Not sure what's happening here.

I saw this issue here in this forum

MSI Afterburner Error 22

and the guy basically fixed it by" So the reset of the transaction log using fsutil resource autoreset, seems to have done the job as it not only allowed me to remove the entry from the task
    scheduler, but also I no longer get the "cannot add task to scheduler", code 22 messages. "

And I don't have any idea how to use fsutil resource autoreset BSOD When using MSI Afterburner Auto OC minidump :(

If anyone knows how can I fix this or how can I use this fsutil resource autoreset and what to write in CMD to make it work, please advise!

Thank you!

gen66, Jun 1, 2021
Thema:

1. BSOD When using MSI Afterburner Auto OC minidump - Similar Threads - BSOD using MSI

2. Error sxstrace.exe / MSI afterburner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error sxstrace.exe / MSI afterburner: Ahoj, stala se mi taková věc, chtěl jsem si změnit rychlost funkce GPU FAN u grafické karty, výrobce mi doporučil aplikaci MSIafterburner.Po instalaci však aplikace spustila chybovou hlášku odkazující na použití sxstrace.exeEnglish: Hello, this happened to me, I wanted to...
  3. Error sxstrace.exe / MSI afterburner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error sxstrace.exe / MSI afterburner: Ahoj, stala se mi taková věc, chtěl jsem si změnit rychlost funkce GPU FAN u grafické karty, výrobce mi doporučil aplikaci MSIafterburner.Po instalaci však aplikace spustila chybovou hlášku odkazující na použití sxstrace.exeEnglish: Hello, this happened to me, I wanted to...
  4. Help with BSOD MiniDump when using MSI Afterburner

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help with BSOD MiniDump when using MSI Afterburner: I have been researching Overclocks for RAM, CPU, GPU, and tweaking settings after reading and much research to ensure I'm within safe values for everything. I was actually trying to undervolt my CPU with all cores at 4200 Which seemed to be stable, used DRAM Calc for Ryzen to...
  5. How to download MSI Afterburner

in Windows 10 News
    How to download MSI Afterburner: MSI Afterburner is an excellent program for video cards, not only cards by MSI, that can best be described as an overlocking/underclocking utility for Windows with extra features baked into the application. My first review of MSI Afterburner dates back to 2010, followed by a...
  6. MSI Afterburner not retaining settings

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    MSI Afterburner not retaining settings: My MSI AB settings are not being retained either at Windows startup or if I quit AB. I have applied the settings, saved them to profile 1 and the Windows Startup icon is green. Is there some addiotnal step I need to do? W10 64 bit 2004 163765
  7. MSI Afterburner not retaining settings

in Windows 10 Support
    MSI Afterburner not retaining settings: My MSI AB settings are not being retained either at Windows startup or if I quit AB. I have applied the settings, saved them to profile 1 and the Windows Startup icon is green. Is there some addiotnal step I need to do? W10 64 bit 2004 163765
  8. MSI Afterburner/Rivatuner works when it wants to.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MSI Afterburner/Rivatuner works when it wants to.: Updated to the most current version of both MSI/Rivatuner but I have noticed for awhile now that this program chooses to work when it wants. I usually game and would like to monitor my hardware but this program doesn't work as well when I first installed it. Any ideas as to...
  9. MSI Afterburner error -22 when closing, computer can't auto shut down.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MSI Afterburner error -22 when closing, computer can't auto shut down.: Hi, if I try to manually close MSI Afterburner it shows CTaskSchedulerInterface::AddTask failed with error code -22! which also prevents PC from auto shut down and I have to manually click to end MSI afterburner process to shut down properly. I've done all the simple...
  10. MSI Afterburner

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    MSI Afterburner: Hello Just bought a laptop with a GTX 1050 2GB. I am interested in trying to get the most out of my card. I understand overclocking will get the best results. I managed to get a +200 MHZ on core clock and a +250MHZ on memory clock. Is this good and is there any more I can do...