Windows 10: BSOD when using nVidia driver || driver_power_state_failure

Discus and support BSOD when using nVidia driver || driver_power_state_failure in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Attachment 20290 Many games including minecraft cause BSOD when switching from intel hd graphics to nvidia geforce gt 740m graphics PS. If there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by maverickspore69, May 30, 2015.

1. BSOD when using nVidia driver || driver_power_state_failure

Attachment 20290

Many games including minecraft cause BSOD when switching from intel hd graphics to nvidia geforce gt 740m graphics

PS. If there is any more required information let me know, this is the first time I've actually had to ask for help with this stuff

:)

maverickspore69, May 30, 2015

2. Driver_power_state_failure

I have done this three times now, with no success. I removed and installed the video drivers with windows (device manager) and with nvidia (geforce experience). My computer still gets BSOD when using adobe premiere. I have also removed and reinstalled
    premiere.

Dainthediver, May 30, 2015
  3. BSOD - Driver_Power_State_Failure

Thank you both, but unfortunately the problem has persisted. After a restart, I opened NVIDIA GeForce Experience and the program froze, followed by BSOD.

Here is a link to the latest BSOD Minidump:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlRHsYmzhyy_ll8605-o1HzKnwtu

Downloaded the appropriate files linked above from dell. Installed using a custom installation to ensure a "clean installation" of all NVidia components.

Installation showed success message, though this was the same version before and after the installation.

Provider: NVIDIA

Driver Date: 12/21/2015

Driver Version: 10.18.13.5923

Kind regards,

Bill

BillTheBourbon, May 30, 2015
  4. zalcso Win User

BSOD when using nVidia driver || driver_power_state_failure

zalcso, Jun 2, 2015
  5. Some members have had success resolving issues by installing the appropriate driver for their gfx card from the NVidia site

best of luck - hope it helps.

Slartybart, Jun 2, 2015
  6. Factory reset for windows 8 and the BSOD issue is fixed *Smile

maverickspore69, Jun 14, 2015
  7. Could you elaborate more on that?

Jormvngandr, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD when using nVidia driver || driver_power_state_failure

1. BSOD when using nVidia driver || driver_power_state_failure - Similar Threads - BSOD using nVidia

2. BSOD: VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL when installing nvidia driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD: VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL when installing nvidia driver: I've just bought a new laptop. A xps 13 plus, and I`m trying to connect it to a razer core x chroma wich is a egpu enclosure. It contains a nvidia geforce 3070 ti.Whenever i try to install the nvidia driver it blue screens with the VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL...
  3. BSOD: VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL when installing nvidia driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD: VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL when installing nvidia driver: I've just bought a new laptop. A xps 13 plus, and I`m trying to connect it to a razer core x chroma wich is a egpu enclosure. It contains a nvidia geforce 3070 ti.Whenever i try to install the nvidia driver it blue screens with the VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL...
  4. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE driver storport.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE driver storport.sys: Hi,I have a Dell Inspiron 15 which for the past couple of months has suffered from a strange issue where I bring the laptop out of sleep mode and log back in, what then happens is that when moving the mouse around trackpad it seems to stutter and pause then flies off the...
  5. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE driver storport.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE driver storport.sys: Hi,I have a Dell Inspiron 15 which for the past couple of months has suffered from a strange issue where I bring the laptop out of sleep mode and log back in, what then happens is that when moving the mouse around trackpad it seems to stutter and pause then flies off the...
  6. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE driver storport.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. BSOD when installing nvidia drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD when installing nvidia drivers: Earlier I was trying to update to Nvidia's new driver when the installation was almost at its end my pc crashed and kept giving me BSOD. After trying everything from system recovery I had to install clean windows but now I can't seem to install my GPU driver even the old ones...
  8. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: My PC started to bluescreen a couple weeks ago. When I turn the PC on and I login its fine for a few minutes then bluescreens. It restarts automatically and I login again and its fine for the whole day... until I turn it off and on again the next day then it bluescreens...
  9. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD using Photoshop CC 2018

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD using Photoshop CC 2018: Hi. While I'm running Photoshop, Windows crashes into a BSOD with a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE error. It happens randomly while the software is open and I'm using it. It's been 2 days like this. – I'm on Windows 10 and no update was installed in these two days, except two...
  10. driver_power_state_failure BSOD While using Unity

driver_power_state_failure BSOD While using Unity: Hi, recently I have been having system crashes while using the game engine unity. They seem to be happening after having the program run from anywhere between a few minutes to about an hour, and only seemed to start happening after I put my computer into sleep mode without...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Nvidia 740m driver power state failure crash fix