Windows 10: BSOD when using Photoshop and Illustrator

Discus and support BSOD when using Photoshop and Illustrator in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When the new year came, I took the time to do a clean install of Windows 10 on my laptop to get out of the Insider Builds. Fast forward a few weeks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by djdelarosa25, Jan 22, 2019.

1. BSOD when using Photoshop and Illustrator

When the new year came, I took the time to do a clean install of Windows 10 on my laptop to get out of the Insider Builds.

Fast forward a few weeks later, I get a BSOD while playing CS:GO. The error was Video_TDR_Failure caused by nvlddmkm.sys. Seeing that the driver is related to NVIDIA, I uninstalled it using DDU and reinstalled the latest drivers. I also did the same for the integrated Intel GPU, and removed the display overclock for good measure (from 95Hz back to the stock 60Hz).

For a while, everything was fine until I got another BSOD, this time while using Illustrator. The error was DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. I get another BSOD using Photoshop, with the same error message. I can recreate this right now simply by opening the two programs and clicking on some functions. It really doesn't take long for the whole system to crash. I tried reinstalling all of my Adobe programs this morning, no dice. I even did an in-place upgrade just this day with no positive outcome.

Again, I tried reinstalling my two display drivers and nothing, the display overclock doesn't seem to be the one to cause this. I'm all out of ideas. I tried learning basic BSOD debugging but I can't seem to comprehend it and pinpoint the exact cause of all these annoyances. I also did MemTest86 for 30 minutes with no errors. While I know that it must be run at least overnight, I really don't think it's caused by the RAM. I might just run it overnight this evening just to be sure.

Please help me out. Thank you.

EDIT: Just ran Furmark for ~15 minutes and GPU temps never exceeded 65°C. Don't think it's an overheating issue.

:)

djdelarosa25, Jan 22, 2019
  2. erocker Win User

Photoshop vs Illustrator

It's different from photoshop. Photoshop is for editing/manipulation/etc. photos. Illustrator is for illustrating things. Use both depending on what you want to do.

erocker, Jan 22, 2019
  3. Photoshop and Illustrator Support

Well you can do it a few ways. Great thing about Photoshop is there is about 50 different ways to do a single task. If if its just for placement in Illustrator all you have to do is delete the background layer (assuming the document is in layers) and "Save As" a PNG file. This will allow you to place any item on anything and the background of the image will be transparent.

If its for the web then doing the same steps as a .eps or .tif might be a better route.

TheMailMan78, Jan 22, 2019
  4. BSOD when using Photoshop and Illustrator

Photoshop vs Illustrator

Illustrator uses vector rendering (lines/shapes) and Photoshop uses rasterisation (pixels).

They are two very different animals for two very different things. If you are gonna use Illustator make sure you use CS6 as its now using the Mercury engine that supports 64-bit. Anything older is running 32-bit and will cause issues once it peaks out in RAM.

Also you can illustrate in Photoshop. Its not just for editing/manipulation/etc. As a matter of fact most professional illustrator/artists use Photoshop or Painter to create art.

If you have any questions about them send me a PM.

TheMailMan78, Jan 22, 2019
Thema:

BSOD when using Photoshop and Illustrator

1. BSOD when using Photoshop and Illustrator - Similar Threads - BSOD using Photoshop

2. Can no longer share photos and vectors between photoshop and illustrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can no longer share photos and vectors between photoshop and illustrator: Hello Any one at Microsoft.In previous versions of Windows I could draw my vectors and then drag them to the tool bar drop them into photoshop and complete my job, very easy. Now, I can't share files back and forth between illustrator and photoshop. I have been doing this for...
  3. Can no longer share photos and vectors between photoshop and illustrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can no longer share photos and vectors between photoshop and illustrator: Hello Any one at Microsoft.In previous versions of Windows I could draw my vectors and then drag them to the tool bar drop them into photoshop and complete my job, very easy. Now, I can't share files back and forth between illustrator and photoshop. I have been doing this for...
  4. System BSOD'ing when using Photoshop!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System BSOD'ing when using Photoshop!!: TL:DR Encountered BSOD on using Photoshop Stop Code : VIDEO TDR FAILURE What Failed : nvlddmkm.sys A few weeks ago, I downloaded Photoshop 15. And I ran that, and my GTX1050, i5 system was lagging like hell. Also after a few minutes, my system BSOD'ed. Yesterday I...
  5. Improve Scrolling with the Microsoft Arc Mouse in Photoshop (Illustrator etc.)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Improve Scrolling with the Microsoft Arc Mouse in Photoshop (Illustrator etc.): I have seen quite a few post where people are having issues with the Microsoft Arc Mouse in Photoshop and other Adobe programs. THIS RESOLVED MY ISSUE: Go to Mouse Settings Make Sure "Multiple Lines at a time" is selected Here's the fix. By default it's 3 or 4...
  6. Can't associate .ai file to Illustrator or .psd file to photoshop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't associate .ai file to Illustrator or .psd file to photoshop: I have tried everything to associate the .ai file to illustrator. All my .ai files are associated with Acrobat rt click - open with - choose another app - more apps - look for another app on the pc I navigate to Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Illustrator CC 2018/Support...
  7. Illustrator and Photoshop not starting due to 0xc000007b error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Illustrator and Photoshop not starting due to 0xc000007b error: I recently installed Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator on my Windows 10. Both programs are installed fine but won't open giving the following error. "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application" I looked over the internet for...
  8. BSOD when starting Photoshop

BSOD when starting Photoshop: Good evening all! I have a nasty problem with my laptop. In this case an Asus N750jk with an 850 evo SSD as primary drive. When I got the laptop the original windows 8.1 was installed and I installed an SSD using the samsung migration software. No problems. I installed...
  9. BSOD with Photoshop

BSOD with Photoshop: I've had Photoshop CC 2014 since I've had my laptop (around 6 months), and it worked fine up until around a week ago. I launched it last week, and it opened the loading up screen, and before it was over, I got a BSOD with the error KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE I've...
  10. Driver Power State Failure while using Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop

Driver Power State Failure while using Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop: Hi. While using my laptop, i always get BSOD with error Driver Power State Failure when i am doing these following things: First when using Adobe Photoshop CC 2017. The app are open, and after i open some of *.psd file, the laptop will be hang for a couple of seconds...