Windows 10: BSOD when using uTorrent

Discus and support BSOD when using uTorrent in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi! I've read countless posts in countless forums since I downloaded Windows 10 like a half a year ago and this error started to happen, but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by hooodoo, Apr 19, 2016.

1. hooodoo Win User

BSOD when using uTorrent

Hi!

I've read countless posts in countless forums since I downloaded Windows 10 like a half a year ago and this error started to happen, but I haven't yet found a solution.

So - I am using HP ENVY 15, and after I upgraded to Windows 10 I started having an error, when sometimes when having utorrent with active torrents running in the backgroud my windows just crashed to BSOD randomly showing error "PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA".

I upgraded all my drivers to the newest, installed an older (supposedly more stable) version of utorrent, but the problem still happens. Also, it doesn't happen for all the torrents, just a few. I saw a post about the same issue for dell computer, and some people claimed that they found the solution by replacing a certain driver (I guess Network driver), but I cant find such driver for my HP laptop. The post is here.

If you have any more ideas I could try to fix this, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Ray

EDIT 1: I deleted the old network broadcom adapter and installed the newest one which I downloaded from HP's homepage, but BSOD happens anyway after 10-30min of downloading. If someone knows where to download older versions of Broadcom 2x2 802.11ac Network LAN Adapters please let me know.

:)

hooodoo, Apr 19, 2016

2. Blue screen error in Windows 10

Funny thing is my PC always seems to BSOD when utorrent is on...

chooxingyu, Apr 19, 2016
  3. cannot run utorrent installer after updating to windows 10?

I used windows 7(Utorrent worked properly)

I was updated to windows 10

Utorrent did not open so I downloaded Utorrent from Utorrent website

When i double click Utorrent setup file it says "Windows find 'D:\Downloads\uTorrent.exe' Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again."

Plz .. help me

Vijay Nirmal, Apr 19, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD when using uTorrent

Could you be more specific on the model? The model given shows many different laptops.
    Could you also check if HP has BIOS updates please, your laptop could use one.

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

• Uninstall Daemon Tools
    • Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

BSOD when using uTorrent [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window.

5. hooodoo Win User
    Thank you for the answer! Could it be possible that, even though I have an old bios version, it still is the newest possible? Because I tried updating via HP official homepage just now, but it doesn't show up bios upgrades in upgradable stuff, which means that I have the newest version, as I understand.

And by the way, I think I fixed the issue. But I am not sure yet, I'll wait for a little longer and if I won't get any BSOD's, I'll post it here.

hooodoo, Apr 20, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    What did you do to that you think it is fixed? *Smile

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD when using uTorrent

1. BSOD when using uTorrent - Similar Threads - BSOD using uTorrent

2. Downloading using utorrent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloading using utorrent: When I open utorrent it says "connecting to peers" and also it's flickering so I'm having problems pressing some buttons on utorrent. It's flickering only when I'm using utorrent. I tried updating DHT but I can't because of flickering. When I press it nothing happens....
  3. BSOD - Whille using Bittorrent/Utorrent

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - Whille using Bittorrent/Utorrent: Hello, I am getting BSODs specifically whenever I use Bit-torrent/U-torrent. I didn't have this issue previously until now and I really have no idea how to fix this! Please help and thanks so much in advance. Here's my dump files. Ray 27171
  4. BSOD while using uTorrent

BSOD while using uTorrent: Hi All, I am getting the BSOD of when using uTorrent, I have tried another program and the same issue occurs. Debug files are attached. Hope someone can help! Thanks Attachment 46253 28699
  5. Fault in nonpaged area when using Utorrent

Fault in nonpaged area when using Utorrent: Hello All, I'm getting a BSOD saying "FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA" when using Utorrent. I'm not sure how to resolve this and I'm hoping anyone can help me with it. I included the dm_log file, hope that helps. Attachment 78156 49195
  6. Bsod only when i use utorrent

Bsod only when i use utorrent: my bosd happen most the time when im downloading bigger file (500mb or more) with utorrent i tried to fix the non page are fault but it keep happening sometimes ..... thank u for helping me i really appreciate. my laptop is a asus x550z windows 10 1tb hard drive...
  7. BSOD when using utorrent

BSOD when using utorrent: Hi All, New to the forum. Hoping you guys can help me out. I only have this issue it seems when utorrent is downloading files. My webroot expired so I switched to Avast since funds are tight for the moment. I tried Avira but switched off that as well. Other than that, only...
  8. BSOD while using uTorrent

BSOD while using uTorrent: Hello people, Every time I use uTorrent, I get a BSOD saying "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED". This happens ONLY when I use uTorrent. According to Ma-Config (Ma-Config), all my drivers are up to date. I have checked the dmp file with BlueScreenView, however that...
  9. updated to Windows 10, BSOD when using uTorrent

updated to Windows 10, BSOD when using uTorrent: Hello, recently i updated my Dell Latitude E6320 to Windows 10. Now when I start using uTorrent i get BSODs (PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA), and due to my lack of knowledge can't figure out where it comes from. I read a few posts, updated my WLAN drivers (had some different...
  10. High Memory usage when using Utorrent

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High Memory usage when using Utorrent: When I am using Utorrent my RAM usage grows from around 20% to nearly 100% over a few hours and can eventually freeze the PC. This seems to have started happening from the last Preview releases until now. Windows defender and Malwarebytes could be part of the problem. When...