Windows 10: BSOD when using Windows remote desktop

Discus and support BSOD when using Windows remote desktop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I keep getting BSOD when using windows remote desktop. I think it is related to cdd.dll, but I am not sure. I have uploaded Minidump files and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by phillipi, May 9, 2019.

1. phillipi Win User

BSOD when using Windows remote desktop

Hi,

I keep getting BSOD when using windows remote desktop. I think it is related to cdd.dll, but I am not sure.

I have uploaded Minidump files and msinfo32 to the following location.

Minidump files (zipped)

msinfo32 (zipped)

Please advise how best to resolve this issue.

Cheers

Ian

:)

phillipi, May 9, 2019

2. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, May 9, 2019
  3. remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 9, 2019
  4. BSOD when using Windows remote desktop

Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, May 9, 2019
Thema:

BSOD when using Windows remote desktop

1. BSOD when using Windows remote desktop - Similar Threads - BSOD using remote

2. High latency when use any Remote Desktop software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High latency when use any Remote Desktop software: When I want to connect to my pc using steam link , chrome Remote Desktop ,AnyDesk on local network the connection is laggy.Before never have this problem, I already try restart the computer and my internet I also try connect using the computer personal hotspot,...
  3. High latency when use any Remote Desktop software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High latency when use any Remote Desktop software: When I want to connect to my pc using steam link , chrome Remote Desktop ,AnyDesk on local network the connection is laggy.Before never have this problem, I already try restart the computer and my internet I also try connect using the computer personal hotspot,...
  4. High latency when use any Remote Desktop software

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Issues using Remote Desktop Connection but not Remote Desktop App?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues using Remote Desktop Connection but not Remote Desktop App?: Hello, I have tried a couple of things to make Remote Desktop Connection work with no results. I verified my firewall and that Remote Desktop was checked, I pinged my works router while connected to the VPN and it works, I unchecked the "only allow connections from...
  6. Booting Remote PC using Remote Desktop?

Booting Remote PC using Remote Desktop?: I have a remote PC (W10 Pro) and it is connected to my local house network by WiFi. It controls some equipment in a remote shed, and normally does not have a monitor/keyboard or mouse connected to it. I would like to switch it on in the shed (possibly using an internet mains...
  7. Remote Desktop recurring use

Remote Desktop recurring use: Hi all. I am currently using TeamViewer to help my family with their semi-regular computer needs. Regular enough, I suppose, that TeamViewer detected 'commercial use' (even though mostly what I do is install drivers and updates on my family members' computers. I cannot...
  8. Remote Desktop Freezing when using MSTSC but not when using Microsoft Remote Desktop App...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote Desktop Freezing when using MSTSC but not when using Microsoft Remote Desktop App...: As a company, we have clients connect to our network using a VPN and MSTSC. Since our company has gone fully remote, many of our users are experiencing a significant number of remote session freezes which require a disconnect and reconnect to the remote session. Mouse...
  9. Display issues when using remote desktop on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display issues when using remote desktop on Windows 10: Like most people at the moment, I'm working from home and remoting into my computer at work. On a morning, everything is fine. However after lunch when I log back in my screen looks like this: [ATTACH] Usually closing the remote session and connecting again works just...
  10. Using Remote Desktop

Using Remote Desktop: I have Windows 10 home on my desktop and absolutely need to remote into it from my laptop. Apparently you can't do this with windows 10 unless you upgrade to pro which isn't free of charge. Do I need to go back to windows 8 in order to do this?...