Windows 10: BSOD when viewing netflix on firefox

Discus and support BSOD when viewing netflix on firefox in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys, I've been getting some BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA when I am on the netflix page (using firefox). I just had one a few minutes ago. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/antoniocs, Mar 13, 2020.

1. BSOD when viewing netflix on firefox

Hey guys,

I've been getting some BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA when I am on the netflix page (using firefox). I just had one a few minutes ago. I was watching something, paused it, came back after 15m, pressed play and got a BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA.

This has happened also a while back when I was browsing Netflix (using firefox).

Do I need to install any new video drivers or something?

I am on Windows 10 Pro, Build 18363.720 using Firefox 74.0 (64-bit).

Here are the BSDO dump files: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gdrqX9JcL6HND_mYFtO5ZIFPob1-FmEy

The most recent one is: 101319-19546-01

Thanks!

submitted by /u/antoniocs
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/antoniocs, Mar 13, 2020

2. Netflix

Hi Marshall3,

There could be a number of factors as to why you are having issues launching the Netflix app. This could be caused by a software conflict or due to an issue with the application itself.

I suggest that you reset your Netflix application by following the steps provided below:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & Features.
    • Click the Netflix app from the list and then choose Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.

If the issue persists, you can consider uninstalling and reinstalling the device. To uninstall, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & Features.
    • Click the Netflix app from the list and then choose Uninstall.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Mar 13, 2020
  3. Netflix and Windows 10 .

Hi Nishkaam,

There's a possibility that the firewall or antivirus software on your computer is blocking the access to Netflix, we suggest disabling it first before connecting to Netflix. Follow these steps:

• Close the Netflix app.
    • Turn off the firewall and antivirus software on your computer.
    • Now, launch the Netflix app.
    • Once it's connected to Netflix, turn back on the firewall and antivirus software on your computer.
    • You should be able to access Netflix now.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 13, 2020
  4. BSOD when viewing netflix on firefox

Netflix

Hi Zeroequalsone,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums. Your interest on Windows 10 is appreciated.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing. We are glad to help you.

Please share this with us:

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Through which browser are you accessing Netflix?

Try the below methods and check if it helps:

Method 1: I would suggest you to view the video on Netflix website in compatibility view and check if it helps.

Try to open the Netflix website in compatibility mode on Internet Explorer 10. Follow the steps:

a) Open Internet Explorer 11 on the desktop screen.

b) Press Alt key on the keyboard to enable the menu bar if it is disabled on the browser.

c) Click on Tools option.

d) Click on Compatibility View settings.

e) Add the website address of the website which you are using to watch the videos online.

f) Click on Add.

g) Click on Close.

Method 2: I suggest you to check all the available Windows Updates. Installation of recent Windows Updates should fix the issue.

Please check your Windows updates (including optional updates).

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Select Check for Update.
    • Download and Install the latest Windows Updates.

If the issue still persists, try this:

Method 3: Update the Display driver and check. Here is the steps:

• Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run command box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • In Display Adapter, expand Display Adapter, right-click , and then click
      Update.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

BSOD when viewing netflix on firefox

1. BSOD when viewing netflix on firefox - Similar Threads - BSOD viewing netflix

2. BSOD on Netflix in Edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on Netflix in Edge: When I watch Netflix on Edge, sometimes I get total freezes of the OS and BSODs with Video_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR message right after the freeze. I don't know specific whys and whats that precede the problem, aside from watching Netflix itself. I've managed to find errors...
  3. BSOD with Netflix app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD with Netflix app: Hello, I seem to be having consistent bsod when using the Netflix app on my windows 10 laptop. Doesnt seem to happen with other video files. The stop code I receive is: THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVERS_M dxgkrnl.sys I have updated my display drivers and bios and I still...
  4. BSOD when using Netflix on PC

BSOD when using Netflix on PC: Recently my PC have been giving me BSOD and it comes with the "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED" message saying dxgmms2.sys is causing this issue. I uploaded my minidump file to onedrive and the link is provided below. I am just an amateur user of PC system so please help...
  5. dxgmms2.sys BSOD when running Netflix

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dxgmms2.sys BSOD when running Netflix: I have run the driver verifier and created a minidump and nfo file. Intel i5-8400 Windows 10 1909 GTX1060 3GB Thanks for the help! https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhRaCX8SFQwSpzXo1QxYDCZsTpQr?e=telifi...
  6. BSOD When Running Multiple Netflix Tabs In FireFox?

BSOD When Running Multiple Netflix Tabs In FireFox?: Hi I recently keep getting blue screen of death and I narrowed it down to when I run multiple netflix tabs opened then it freezes for a mini second and suddenly a bsod appears. I have tried DDU and reinstalling the graphic driver , sfc scannow. The BSOD error details is...
  7. BSOD When openning Firefox / Chrome

BSOD When openning Firefox / Chrome: Hello. Windows 10 recently updated to version 1903 and since then I'm having a BSOD as soon as I open Firefox or Chrome. If I open edge it does open and I can browse find, however after a some random time I get the BSOD. I have tried all I can think of. I updated all the...
  8. Netflix causes bsod

Netflix causes bsod: Netflix has become a giant head ache for windows 10. Ive been having issues with it from day one. But most recently it has decided to bsod my computer. But only after i go from playing a game, such as arma 3 or scum. So I am trying to figure out what exactly is causing the...
  9. BSOD after Netflix

BSOD after Netflix: I had noticed that when I tried to play any video from Netflix, it crashed. It doesn't matter if I use edge or firefox or the app. Any Ideas? Here some random items from event viewer Code: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM Date: 23/07/2018 00:23:35...
  10. Bsod viewing video on firefox/chrome

Bsod viewing video on firefox/chrome: A couple of times i have had a bsod while watching streamed video on firefox/chrome. I'm using a lenovo Ideacentre Q190 8gb ram Intel Core i3-3217U @ 1.8 GHz 64bit windows 10 home 59558