Windows 10: BSOD when waking from sleep (ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY).

Discus and support BSOD when waking from sleep (ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY). in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ever since I updated to Windows 10 from 8.1, I've been getting a BSOD (ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY) almost every time I wake my computer up from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Cass, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Cass Win User

BSOD when waking from sleep (ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY).

Ever since I updated to Windows 10 from 8.1, I've been getting a BSOD (ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY) almost every time I wake my computer up from sleep. I tried to figure out how to fix this myself, but unfortunately am not the most computer savvy. Hopefully I've provided all of the information necessary, but let me know if not!

My DM Log Collector file is attached. Thanks so much in advance for any help!

:)

Cass, Dec 5, 2015

2. Problems with sleep

when you wake from sleep, do you get a BSOD?

nevermind.. just looked at your links..

are you running on an SSD?

DKflip1981, Dec 5, 2015
  3. AMD driver Attempted_Write_to_ReadOnly_Memory

I've been getting this error whenever I wake the computer from sleep mode. When I had hybrid sleep on it would automatically restart the computer when waking from sleep. When I disabled hybrid sleep it just displays the error on waking up and I have to manually
    restart. I've run driver verifier and it has flagged the AMD drivers. I've updated to the latest beta driver and the problem persists. I've run clean boot but this hasn't fixed the issue either.

Here are the details:

• ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY (be)

An attempt was made to write to readonly memory. The guilty driver is on the

stack trace (and is typically the current instruction pointer).

When possible, the guilty driver's name (Unicode string) is printed on

the bugcheck screen and saved in KiBugCheckDriver.

Arguments:

Arg1: ffffd00000002178, Virtual address for the attempted write.

Arg2: 8000000000800121, PTE contents.

Arg3: ffffd00021206500, (reserved)

Arg4: 000000000000000b, (reserved)
    • BugCheck BE, {ffffd00000002178, 8000000000800121, ffffd00021206500, b}

Probably caused by : netbt.sys ( netbt!NbtQueryWinsSettings+4e )

DavisJulian, Dec 5, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

*Smile
    Bitdefender - Page Not Found
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for avckf.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for avckf.sys[/quote]

axe0, Dec 8, 2015
  5. Cass Win User
    Hi, thanks so much for looking at this for me! I uninstalled Bitdefender as you suggested and activated Windows Defender, but I still seem to be getting the same BSOD. Sometimes it just seems to crash after sleep without producing a BSOD at all, as well. I ran the DM Log Collector again and am attaching the file. Thanks again, I really appreciate it!

6. axe0 New Member
    Is anything installed with DriverToolkit?

Please remove / disable items from the startup in taskmanager
    These programs could interfere with the boot process giving you trouble and increase the boot time.

If you are overclocking anything revert back to stock while troubleshooting
    Code: CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz" MaxSpeed: 3400 CurrentSpeed: 3403[/quote] If you don't know you're overclocking, please check it in your BIOS. Sometimes a CPU is shipped overclocked.
    If you aren't overclocking, you can ignore this part

Please uninstall everything of Nvidia using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from Nvidia. Be sure the clean install box is checked and only install the Graphics driver and the PhysX driver.
    Code: ffffd000`23d07440 fffff800`7b966f49Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys nvlddmkm+0xf6f49 2: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm start end module name fffff800`7b870000 fffff800`7c363000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys Image name: nvlddmkm.sys Timestamp: Sun Sep 13 23:12:24 2015 (55F5E6B8) CheckSum: 00AB4A61 ImageSize: 00AF3000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

BSOD when waking from sleep (ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY). [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    BSOD when waking from sleep (ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY). [​IMG]
    System File Check
    Please try following:
    • Open an admin command prompt
    • Copy/paste "sfc/scannow" (without quotes) and press enter
    • When it finished reboot your system
    • Open again an admin command prompt
    • Enter sfc/scannow again
    If sfc/scannow does NOT say "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violation" after the second SFC, please upload the cbs.log file located at {windows partition}\Windows\Logs\CBS\, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
    System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it finds.
    Code: ffffd000`23d08a58 fffff961`a483d801Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\win32kbase.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32kbase.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32kbase.sys win32kbase+0xd801[/quote]

7. Cass Win User
    Sorry for the delayed response! Things got crazy with the holidays, but I followed your suggestions about the Nvidia drivers the day before Christmas and haven't gotten the BSOD since then! (I'm not overclocking and hadn't installed anything with DriverToolkit--I'd found it while searching for a solution to my problem, but hadn't actually gone through with it). Thank you so much for all of your help, I really appreciate it! You're a lifesaver haha. BSOD when waking from sleep (ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY). :)

Cass, Jan 1, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

You're welcome *Smile

Let me know in case the bluescreens return.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD when waking from sleep (ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY). - Similar Threads - BSOD waking sleep

2. BSOD when waking computer from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when waking computer from sleep: Hi, I need help with my pc. I am using a laptop with Windows 11 Home Ryzen 5500U, I keep getting blue screen while using my laptop, this usually happens when waking the pc after sleep and when I am on battery only. most of the time the error says Stop code:...
  3. BSOD when waking computer from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when waking computer from sleep: Hi, I need help with my pc. I am using a laptop with Windows 11 Home Ryzen 5500U, I keep getting blue screen while using my laptop, this usually happens when waking the pc after sleep and when I am on battery only. most of the time the error says Stop code:...
  4. BSOD when waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD when waking from sleep: Whenever my computer sleeps it gives me a BSOD with a "THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER" code Here are my dump files and system info. https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApvOHIqH5IbxgYUnOTNC3F5PHkQ3BQ?e=4b60Ob...
  5. BSOD when waking from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when waking from sleep: Hi I have had this problem for some months now. While I can put the computer to sleep, each time I wake it up it causes a BSOD. I have followed many threads about this. some suggesting it is video driver problem. So I uninstalled and reinstalled my Nvidia driver but the...
  6. BSOD When Waking from Sleep

BSOD When Waking from Sleep: Just built a new computer. All of the drives and the Windows installation is the same as in the old system. I don't know if the issue would have occurred in the old system as I never tried to put my computer to sleep. I was getting one BSOD when waking from sleep (something...
  7. Frequent BSOD When Waking From Sleep

Frequent BSOD When Waking From Sleep: So this one's been puzzling me for a while. I'm getting very frequent BSOD, and it most commonly occurs when waking the computer up from sleep in the morning. The error code is frequently different, and sometimes I don't get a crash but just get weird behavior. Like chrome...
  8. BSOD when waking from sleep

BSOD when waking from sleep: Greetings forum, Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, I've been seeing BSODs about once a month when waking my desktop from sleep. I would greatly appreciate any help on this matter. I've never encountered this on Windows 8.1. I've attached the zip file as instructed...
  9. BSOD when waking computer from sleep

BSOD when waking computer from sleep: Hello My PC will sometimes get a BSOD when waking it up after long hours of sleep, this does not happen reliably and I have no idea how to reproduce it. My GPU and CPU is overclocked however they have caused no issues during general use and gaming. 67440
  10. BSOD when waking up from sleep

BSOD when waking up from sleep: So, I was having this problem for awhile now and the BSOD when waking up was "kernel_data_inpage_error" but kept freezing on 0% to create minidumps, I was unable to get those. Today was a different error "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" and was able to get one minidump from it. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bsod attempted write to readonly memory sleep