Windows 10: BSOD when waking laptop from sleep, error UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION

Discus and support BSOD when waking laptop from sleep, error UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've had this laptop for over 2 years and it has always had this problem, even when it had Windows 7 in it. I've done many clean installs of Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by betteramorph, Jun 16, 2017.

1. BSOD when waking laptop from sleep, error UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION

I've had this laptop for over 2 years and it has always had this problem, even when it had Windows 7 in it. I've done many clean installs of Windows 10 but the problem still persists. The problem I'm talking about is the BSOD that appears commonly after I wake the laptop from sleep. The most common one is UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION. I've googled my error and tried every solution I could and no one had effect. I pretty much gave up and if someone tries to help me it would fix my life by around 30% (it's really annoying when you need the computer and it crashes and you have to wait to complete the reboot).I have all my drivers up-to-date from Dell's website (including BIOS), and every update installed from Windows Update.

You can find some info about my computer on my profile.
    If you need more info, let me know.

:)

betteramorph, Jun 16, 2017

2. BSoD UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION

Whenever my computer automatically sleeps, it displays a BSoD saying

"Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. BSOD when waking laptop from sleep, error UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION :)"

Error :- UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION.

Please help.

Thanks

Aryan Mediratta, Jun 16, 2017
  3. MohammadHayajneh, Jun 16, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

BSOD when waking laptop from sleep, error UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION

zbook, Jun 17, 2017
  5. I just re-run the program and it recreated the file but it is still empty. I don't get it. On PowerShell it says it has completed successfully but puts an empty zip file on the desktop...

betteramorph, Jun 17, 2017
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Have you changed the location of your personal folders from C: to some other partition or drive? If so, look on C:.

Ztruker, Jun 19, 2017
  7. No, I have not changed the location of personal folders. The program creates a zip folder on desktop but it creates it empty, that's the issue.

betteramorph, Jun 19, 2017
  8. Ztruker Win User

It should create a folder called: "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\TFdebugFiles. It's then supposed to write all the collected file there then zip that folder.

RUn it again, but don't press Enter when it's done. Instead, look on your Desktop for a TFdebugFiles folder.

Ztruker, Jun 20, 2017
  9. I have the same problem. Some months ago I was able to fix it by updating the (Radeon) graphics driver, but a few weeks ago it started happening again, presumably due to a Windows update. I have tried refreshing with the Media Creation tool, then clean install, but no luck. I get a BSOD after waking from sleep, and the error is different every time. The BIOS is current, as are the graphics drivers.The dump file is attached. Also the report from BluScreenView, for the last 2 events.
    Attachment 140992

MikeInMexico, Jun 23, 2017
  10. zbook New Member
    Code: BugCheck 7F, {8, fffff80268e48e70, ffff9600c2487fe6, ffff84b6116155cd}Probably caused by : memory_corruption[/quote] Code: BugCheck A, {fffffbe205b35f80, 2, 0, fffff8001731205d}Probably caused by : memory_corruption[/quote] Code: The following file necessary for Windows startup was corrupt: c:\windows\system32\drivers\tcpip.sys[/quote]

tcpip.sys Microsoft TCP/IP Driver (networking related) Windows Update
    Code: Startup Repair failed.[/quote] Code: Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation.[/quote] Code: The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) did not load: damEhStorClass[/quote] There was a recent startup repair.
    a) Were you not able to boot?
    b) What problems were you experiencing that you attempted a startup repair?
    c) What did you do when the startup repair failed?

Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:

1) winver (in the pop up about windows > view your windows version and build > type this information into the thread)

2) sfc /scannow

3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

4) chkdsk /scan

When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on copy > paste into the thread

5) Run memtest86+ version 5.01 for at least 8 runs. This may take hours so plan to run it overnight.http://www.memtest.org/https://answe...c7b7ff6461When Memtest86+ has completed 8 or more runs open the Microsoft snipping tool and make an image of the results to post into the thread.

6) Open device manager > expand network adapters > right click on each row to view properties then driver > uninstall and reinstall non-Microsoft drivers from the Lenovo web site for your computer's configuration and operating system. Find the driver tcpip.sys and update this driver.

7) Run one of these SMART drive tests:
    CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World
    HD Tune website
    Hard Disk Sentinel - HDD health and temperature monitoring
    When the test is completed use the Microsoft snipping tool to post an image into the thread.

zbook, Jun 25, 2017
  11. axe0 New Member
    This can't be done. TCPIP.sys is a driver from Windows, it can only be updated when Microsoft pushes an update for it through Windows Update.
    The only thing that can be done to fix TCPIP.sys corruption is a system scan, repair install, or clean install.

12. zbook New Member
    Somehow it was fixed???
    The event viewer indicated that the tcpip.sys was corrupt.
    I wonder whether this had produced a bsod when it was corrupt?
    There appears to have been a failed startup repair and then a successful startup repair?
    Will await sfc /scannow or dism restorehealth results to see if there are or are not integrity violations? It somehow should have been fixed with it displaying was corrupt??
    Per the above post the network drivers will be updated per the drivers listed on the Lenovo web site.

It was somehow fixed by a startup repair on 6/24/2017:

Event[552]:
    Log Name: System
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-StartupRepair
    Date: 2017-06-24T12:51:52.748
    Event ID: 1002
    Task: N/A
    Level: Information
    Opcode: Info
    Keyword: N/A
    User: S-1-5-18
    User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    Computer: DESKTOP-2UT58HK
    Description:
    Startup Repair failed.

Event[553]:
    Event ID: 1121
    Description:
    The following file necessary for Windows startup was corrupt: c:\windows\system32\drivers\tcpip.sys

Event[554]:
    Event ID: 1206
    Description:
    Copied the following file from backup files:

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD when waking laptop from sleep, error UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION - Similar Threads - BSOD waking laptop

2. BSOD when waking up laptop from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when waking up laptop from sleep: I am currently using a DELL laptop. When I try to wake up my laptop, it takes up around 10 seconds to display the lock screen. However, sometimes the laptop would just crash, leaving a blue screen with this stop code behind: WIN32K_POWER_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. Here is a link to my...
  3. BSOD when waking up laptop from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when waking up laptop from sleep: I am currently using a DELL laptop. When I try to wake up my laptop, it takes up around 10 seconds to display the lock screen. However, sometimes the laptop would just crash, leaving a blue screen with this stop code behind: WIN32K_POWER_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. Here is a link to my...
  4. UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION BSOD every time my laptop wakes up from sleep mode.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION BSOD every time my laptop wakes up from sleep mode.: The issue started happening a few days ago, I did almost everything I found on the internet like freshly reinstalling Windows 10 and drivers, SSD tests, Ram tests, driver/windows updates, corrupted system files check etc., pretty much everything and I still have the BSOD. My...
  5. UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION BSOD every time my laptop wakes up from sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION BSOD every time my laptop wakes up from sleep mode.: The issue started happening a few days ago, I did almost everything I found on the internet like freshly reinstalling Windows 10 and drivers, SSD tests, Ram tests, driver/windows updates, corrupted system files check etc., pretty much everything and I still have the BSOD. My...
  6. UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION BSOD every time my laptop wakes up from sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. BSOD when laptop wakes up from sleep

BSOD when laptop wakes up from sleep: I've bought a new laptop (Lenovo S540 (AMD)) recently, but encountered a BSOD of the following bug code [ATTACH] And this is the windows version [ATTACH] And dump file LAPTOP-JAMAEQ11-(2020-11-20_18-51-56).zip - Google Drive Any help would be greatly appreciated,...
  8. BSOD on waking laptop from sleep

BSOD on waking laptop from sleep: Attached is the file from DM collector. My laptop occasionally BSOD when I wake it from sleep. Hopefully someone has any ideas as to why. Thanks in advance *Smile Attachment 115619 73833
  9. BSOD When Waking from Sleep

BSOD When Waking from Sleep: Just built a new computer. All of the drives and the Windows installation is the same as in the old system. I don't know if the issue would have occurred in the old system as I never tried to put my computer to sleep. I was getting one BSOD when waking from sleep (something...
  10. BSOD Unexpected Store Exception when system wakes up from sleep.

BSOD Unexpected Store Exception when system wakes up from sleep.: Hello, My Windows has been crashing since I installed it. I've attached the logs as suggested on the page detailing the BSOD Posting Instructions. My observation suggests that the crash usually happens when I wake my computer from sleep. It never happen when shutting...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unexpected store exception error when waking up the PC