Windows 10: BSOD when waking up from sleep

Discus and support BSOD when waking up from sleep in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So, I was having this problem for awhile now and the BSOD when waking up was "kernel_data_inpage_error" but kept freezing on 0% to create minidumps, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Shirotora, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Shirotora Win User

BSOD when waking up from sleep

So, I was having this problem for awhile now and the BSOD when waking up was "kernel_data_inpage_error" but kept freezing on 0% to create minidumps, I was unable to get those.

Today was a different error "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" and was able to get one minidump from it. I believe it's a driver because I tried driver verifier and caused BSOD when booting up each time.

I looked into it and I believe it was "rzendpt.sys". I uninstalled that driver which was my keyboard and now that error isn't showing up but I retried verifier and got another error with "Mbamswissarmy.sys", so I unstalled Malwarbytes.

Now verifier is still on but not crashing yet but the computer is sluggish.

:)

Shirotora, Nov 12, 2017

2. Blue Screen die (BSOD), Windows 10 Professional Laptop Machine

I can confirm that this problem would occur every time I wake the computer up from sleep mode.

After a few seconds waking up from sleep mode, the computer will freeze and then BSOD occurs

Very annoying.

SuperBoyChoy, Nov 12, 2017
  3. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD in Windows 10 after wake up from sleep

I have this issue with BSOD on my computer whenever my system wakes up from sleep. It usually happen after awhile after wakes up from sleep (sometimes within half an hour or hours of used). If I never sleep my system (meaning always start from fresh restart),
    no issue with BSOD.

Attached is my minidump file.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=BBBE2E771BBAFCCB!4719&authkey=!ACl6Tb3NwjlChdE&ithint=file,dmp

Anyone can give a hand here?

instaFelix, Nov 12, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

The 11/13 6:24PM dump indicates a problem with mbamswissarmy.sys. Verifier is on.
    Code: BugCheck C4, {2000, fffff80f8e7c592a, 0, 41724765} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for mbamswissarmy.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for mbamswissarmy.sys *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys Probably caused by : mbamswissarmy.sys ( mbamswissarmy+1592a )[/quote] This belongs to Malwarebytes anti-malware but I don't see any indication of you having it installed. Maybe you had it installed and removed it?
    Check services and is it's there, disable it.

11/13 1:25 PM nothing much to go on

11/13 2:20 PM shows a problem with rzendpt.sys. Verifier is on.
    Code: BugCheck C4, {2000, fffff8065fae26e5, 0, 6e657a72} *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Wdf01000.sys *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rzendpt.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rzendpt.sys *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys Probably caused by : rzendpt.sys ( rzendpt+26e5 )[/quote] Driver Description: Razer RzEndPt driver
    Driver Update Site: Official Razer Support

Don't see what Razer device you have as nothing shows in the My Computer specs. If none, uninstall any Razer drivers you may have installed.

Ztruker, Nov 13, 2017
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Looking at th eventlog.text, I see many, many of these:
    Code: Event[882]: Log Name: System Source: Disk Date: 2017-10-21T10:32:52.798 Event ID: 51 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-Q78OM24 Description: An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk1\DR1 during a paging operation.[/quote] Please post a screen shot of Disk Management:
    To open Disk Management, press Winkkey+x and click on Disk Management.
    Make the Disk Management window Full screen.
    Expand the fields so everything is visible.

From this:

BSOD when waking up from sleep [​IMG]

To this:

Now press the Print Screen key to capture what is shown on the screen.
    Start Paint by pressing WindowsKey + R, typing mspaint and pressing Enter.
    Right click in the Paint window and select Paste. This puts the Disk Management image into Paint.
    Click File then Save as. Select JPEG picture.
    In the Save as dialog, call the file Diskman.jpg and save it to your Desktop so it's easy to find.
    Close Paint.

Now Start a reply in your thread and simply drag Diskman.jpg from your Desktop to the reply. Add any comments and click Submit.

Ztruker, Nov 13, 2017
  6. Shirotora Win User
    This belongs to Malwarebytes anti-malware but I don't see any indication of you having it installed. Maybe you had it installed and removed it?
    Check services and is it's there, disable it.

11/13 1:25 PM nothing much to go on

11/13 2:20 PM shows a problem with rzendpt.sys. Verifier is on.
    Code: BugCheck C4, {2000, fffff8065fae26e5, 0, 6e657a72} *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Wdf01000.sys *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rzendpt.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rzendpt.sys *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys Probably caused by : rzendpt.sys ( rzendpt+26e5 )[/quote] Driver Description: Razer RzEndPt driver
    Driver Update Site: Official Razer Support

Don't see what Razer device you have as nothing shows in the My Computer specs. If none, uninstall any Razer drivers you may have installed.[/quote]
    Please post a screen shot of Disk Management:
    To open Disk Management, press Winkkey+x and click on Disk Management.
    Make the Disk Management window Full screen.
    Expand the fields so everything is visible.

From this:

To this:

Now press the Print Screen key to capture what is shown on the screen.
    Start Paint by pressing WindowsKey + R, typing mspaint and pressing Enter.
    Right click in the Paint window and select Paste. This puts the Disk Management image into Paint.
    Click File then Save as. Select JPEG picture.
    In the Save as dialog, call the file Diskman.jpg and save it to your Desktop so it's easy to find.
    Close Paint.

Now Start a reply in your thread and simply drag Diskman.jpg from your Desktop to the reply. Add any comments and click Submit.[/quote] Yeah, it was Malwarebytes so I uninstalled it. Yes that driver is for my keyboard which is a Razor Ornata Chroma, which is my only razor product. I had to reinstall for my keyboard to light up right, so I looked up the latest driver.

Here's the Disk Management:

Shirotora, Nov 13, 2017
  7. Ztruker Win User
    I'm trying to figure out what \Device\Harddisk1\DR1 is. Noting in Disk Management gives me a clue.

I suggest running HDTune against both drives, see if any problems are reported.

*Arrow Run HDTune to

• check the health,
    • scan for errors, not quick scan but full scan
    • run a benchmark.

Post pictures of results here please.

You can also try the various options available with chkdsk.

Ztruker, Nov 16, 2017
  8. Shirotora Win User

Alright, I tried HDTune and got some screenshots. I'm not sure what DR1 is; nothing in my Hard Drive indicates what it is.

Shirotora, Nov 16, 2017
  9. Ztruker Win User
    Do you have external USB connected hard drives or a USB flash drive connected? It may be that which is being reported as having a problem.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD when waking up from sleep - Similar Threads - BSOD waking sleep

2. BSOD when waking system up from sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when waking system up from sleep.: Hi so i sometimes set my pc to sleep when i log off for the night and sometimes the next day it BSOD's when i turn it on. This is one of the minidumps that got created. I used WhoCrashed to read it....
  3. BSOD when waking system up from sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when waking system up from sleep.: Hi so i sometimes set my pc to sleep when i log off for the night and sometimes the next day it BSOD's when i turn it on. This is one of the minidumps that got created. I used WhoCrashed to read it....
  4. BSOD when PC wakes up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when PC wakes up from sleep: Hello,Since a few weeks i'm running into the issue of my pc having a blue screen when I wake it up from sleep, this is pretty irritating since the pc always has to restart after waking up and it takes long. I'm not a tech guy so I would really appreciate if someone can help...
  5. BSOD when PC wakes up from sleep

BSOD when PC wakes up from sleep: Hello,Since a few weeks i'm running into the issue of my pc having a blue screen when I wake it up from sleep, this is pretty irritating since the pc always has to restart after waking up and it takes long. I'm not a tech guy so I would really appreciate if someone can help...
  6. BSOD and Restarts when waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD and Restarts when waking up from sleep: For the last two weeks or so I've been getting BSOD/restart when I wake up my PC from sleep. I built the PC myself so here are the components: - Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING Mini ITX AM4- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8 GB Founders Edition- RAM: G.Skill...
  7. BSOD when waking up laptop from sleep

BSOD when waking up laptop from sleep: I am currently using a DELL laptop. When I try to wake up my laptop, it takes up around 10 seconds to display the lock screen. However, sometimes the laptop would just crash, leaving a blue screen with this stop code behind: WIN32K_POWER_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. Here is a link to my...
  8. BSOD when laptop wakes up from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when laptop wakes up from sleep: I've bought a new laptop (Lenovo S540 (AMD)) recently, but encountered a BSOD of the following bug code [ATTACH] And this is the windows version [ATTACH] And dump file LAPTOP-JAMAEQ11-(2020-11-20_18-51-56).zip - Google Drive Any help would be greatly appreciated,...
  9. BSOD when waking up from sleep

BSOD when waking up from sleep: Hello all, Last few weeks, I have been getting BSOD when waking my PC up from sleep in the morning. I do telework bc of the pandemic and when I wake up the PC, it shows blue screen. Sometimes it shows an error code and sometimes it doesn't. I have attached the LOG files as...
  10. BSOD sadface when waking up from sleep

BSOD sadface when waking up from sleep: I normally always sleep my PC, rarely shut it down. So I slept my PC like normal after updating to windows 10, and sadface BSOD came up. Tried it again, happened again. It keeps happening, 100% of the time I wake it up, BSOD. Not sure what is going on. The zip file is...