Windows 10: BSOD when watching videos

Discus and support BSOD when watching videos in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hi when i want to watch video in Instagram such as browser or desktop app which downloaded from store causes BSOD and errors like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by johnsmith442, Nov 21, 2018.

1. BSOD when watching videos

hi

when i want to watch video in Instagram such as browser or desktop app which downloaded from store causes BSOD and errors like kmode_exception_not_handled or irql_not_less_or_equal

problem doesn't finish here it happens in groove music and movies and TV

after a blue screen restart every thing works fine.

is there any fix for that? it's very annoying.

:)

johnsmith442, Nov 21, 2018
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Can't watch videos on Win 10

Hi,

Please assist me with the following information related to this issue:

• Which web browser are you using to watch online videos?
    • Do you receive any error message?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    If you are using Internet Explorer to watch online videos, I suggest you to
    follow the steps mentioned in the following link and check:Why won't videos play in Internet Explorer?

Note: The above mentioned article contains steps to reset IE. Resetting Internet Explorer's settings is not reversible. After a reset, all previous settings in IE are lost and cannot
    be recovered.

Please reply us with the required information along with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Nov 21, 2018
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Problem watching videos

Hi Ara,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

To have a better clarity on the issue, respond to the questions listed below:

• Were any changes made on the computer prior to this issue?
    • Does the issue persist on all sites?
    • Do the downloaded videos play fine?

Meanwhile you may try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Right click on the video you’re watching.
    • Click on ‘Settings’.
    • On the first tab, make sure ‘Enable hardware acceleration’ box is unchecked.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Nov 21, 2018
  4. Teh_Star Win User

BSOD when watching videos

Recurring BSODs when attempting to watch Youtube videos

Thanks
    Gemzon Mar,

As of this morning, I have done the following:

1. Followed the blue screen errors troubleshooting
    2. Completed both SFC scans and repairs as well as DISM health checks
    3. Uninstalling and Reinstalling video card drivers
    I have not yet tried performing a clean boot, or reparing my operating system using Andre Da Costa's steps, however I once more attempted to watch a youtube video this morning and once more encountered a BSOD, this time with the error

Here is a dropbox link to the minidump from this latest error

Looking forwards to hearing your thoughts.

Teh_Star, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

BSOD when watching videos

1. BSOD when watching videos - Similar Threads - BSOD watching videos

2. BSOD "video memory management internal" when watching video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD "video memory management internal" when watching video: When I watched videos on youtube, my laptop crashed suddenly with the error "video memory management internal".Here is the minidump file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai7ALV5h008ZtA77l7Lqb1jzKbQ_?e=IckcMl...
  3. BSOD "video memory management internal" when watching video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD "video memory management internal" when watching video: When I watched videos on youtube, my laptop crashed suddenly with the error "video memory management internal".Here is the minidump file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai7ALV5h008ZtA77l7Lqb1jzKbQ_?e=IckcMl...
  4. BSOD "video memory management internal" when watching video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. BSOD video memory management internal when watching video

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD video memory management internal when watching video: I have a problem when watching video on my HP ProBook 445 G7. Especially it appers when i pause/unpause a video on YouTube or another video hosting service. The BSOD appears with a message: video memory management internalminidumps here:...
  6. BSOD when trying to watch video in Chrome

BSOD when trying to watch video in Chrome: Hello, When I attempt to watch a video on a news site on Chrome, my computer has a BSOD. I have tried uninstalling the Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 driver from the device manager making sure to tick the uninstall driver software box. Then I let the computer automatically...
  7. BSOD when gaming and watching videos

BSOD when gaming and watching videos: I get a blue screen many times per day with the text SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (NETIO.SYS) and a sad smiley. It happens when I watch Netflix and Youtube and also when I play games on Steam. *cry The Log collector is attached. - Lars 55223
  8. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR when watching videos

BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR when watching videos: Hello, 1st time posting in this forums. I'm getting the bsod in title whenever I watch any video. It can be from youtube, something I downloaded, etc. It can happen as soon as a few seconds into the video or hours can pass, sometimes never. This started last month when I...
  9. BSOD watching video

BSOD watching video: Running Win 10 pro 64 bit 14393.105 new build intel i7 6770k ASUS Z170 pro gaming 【Kingston】HyperX Predator DDR4 DDR4-3333 8GBx2枚 1.35V This is the 2nd time I have had a BSOD in the last couple of days. It's pretty hot in Japan right now. Might be a heat issue, but I...
  10. BSOD when watching youtube videos (DSP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION)

BSOD when watching youtube videos (DSP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION): I have been getting BSOD with stop code DSP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. It has happened 7 times in the past 2 weeks, all of them occur when I am watching a youtube video. My computer will completely freeze for about 5-10 seconds while a video is playing and then BSOD will occur. I...