Windows 10: BSOD when writing to USB

Discus and support BSOD when writing to USB in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello all, I had some issues with BSODs and assumed I could solve the issue by moving to windows 10. I had repaired files with sfc scannow but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jvamos, Jul 6, 2016.

1. jvamos Win User

BSOD when writing to USB

Hello all,

I had some issues with BSODs and assumed I could solve the issue by moving to windows 10.
    I had repaired files with sfc scannow but every time a new file was corrupted.
    It appears it is a hardware issue as it has followed me after extensive virus scanning.
    I think there is something wrong with the mainboard as PCI lane doesn't seem to matter.

I am just about to start A+ training course so forgive me for not being able to tease this one apart.

:)

jvamos, Jul 6, 2016

2. XP SP2 BSOD when writing to D drive after Windows 10 accessed it

Picture below.

I also found that mounting the D: drive in Linux was causing an error as described here

Unable to mount Windows (NTFS) filesystem due to hibernation

The solution mentioned there i.e.

1. Open Control Panel in the small icons
    view and click on Power Options.

2. Click on Choose what the power buttons do.

3. Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable.

4. Uncheck Turn on fast startup (recommended).

worked for mounting the D: drive in Linux. Is it possible that it will also fix it for XP?

It seems that Windows 10 on disk 0 is putting the ntfs volume on disk 1 into "hybernation" mode. Is there a way to keep fast startup, but to tell it not to put a second disc into hybernation mode? Can I mark it as a removable disk or something?

Note that the picture below is when the XP disc is inserted.

BSOD when writing to USB [​IMG]

Same PC with Windows 10 disc. It seems to swap Disk 0 / Disk 1 compared with XP

BSOD when writing to USB [​IMG]

dieselnutjob, Jul 6, 2016
  3. suat.cini Win User
    XP SP2 BSOD when writing to D drive after Windows 10 accessed it

When you are in XP SP2, open Disk Management and take a snapshot of it. Post it here.

suat.cini, Jul 6, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

BSOD when writing to USB

The recent one is apparently display related.
    Code: BugCheck 119, {800, 6, ffffe001b49905f0, ffffe001b4991170} Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VidSchiSendToExecutionQueue+a2d7 ) Followup: MachineOwner ---------[/quote] And the display driver is not very latest.
    Code: Image name: nvlddmkm.sys Timestamp: Thu Nov 05 20:05:23 2015 (563B692B)[/quote] Please install the 368.69 - WHQL.

Also, Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark. Upload the screenshot for us. Also let us know if you have experienced any crash/BSOD and/or artifacts during the test.

THe older one is pointing to the memory.
    Code: BugCheck 1A, {61941, 6ca8bda0, 1d, ffffd00022da4c40} Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( PAGE_NOT_ZERO ) Followup: MachineOwner --------- *** Memory manager detected 4 instance(s) of page corruption, target is likely to have memory corruption.[/quote] Test your RAM modules for possible errors.MemTest86+ - Test RAM Run memtest86+ for at least 8 consecutive passes.

If it start showing errors/red lines, stop testing. A single error is enough to determine that something is going bad there.
    Take a camera snap of the memtest86+ window before closing the program. Let us see it.
    Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Ten Forums - Windows 10 Forums

Thema:

BSOD when writing to USB

1. BSOD when writing to USB - Similar Threads - BSOD writing USB

2. usb: "This disk is write-protected"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb: "This disk is write-protected": I hate this alot, I tried editing Registry Editor and command prompt, but nothing worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-this-disk-is-write-protected/09c31158-ee9a-441a-8a2f-390932d29b1f
  3. usb: "This disk is write-protected"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb: "This disk is write-protected": I hate this alot, I tried editing Registry Editor and command prompt, but nothing worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-this-disk-is-write-protected/09c31158-ee9a-441a-8a2f-390932d29b1f
  4. usb: "This disk is write-protected"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. USB write protected error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB write protected error: Hi,I get the error "The disk is write protected" when I try to copy something into the USB or format it. I checked for viruses with ESET anti-virus and there were no viruses. Also, I tried the command prompt way, the regedit way but none of them worked. I also used EaseUS...
  6. Windows 10 BSOD when writing to external USB HDDs

Windows 10 BSOD when writing to external USB HDDs: Since the most recent Windows 10 update every time I try to write to either of my 1TB external USB HDDs I get a BSOD. Any ideas what's going on?...
  7. Will not write to USB drive

Will not write to USB drive: My Windows 10 OS has decided it does not like USB flash drives any more. It knows one is plugged in, there is a bleep when it's plugged in, File Manager shows it as "USB Drive H:", Device Manager shows it as a mass storage device and it is present as a hidden icon on the...
  8. Usb Write Protected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Usb Write Protected: I can not delete or copy anything on my usb it sasy write protected its even did same to my phones external storage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-write-protected/93973814-ac33-4479-a0c8-b87845914fb6"
  9. Usb Write Protected

Usb Write Protected: Hi there I have an issue with a usb stick I don't no how it got write protected but I cant format it or anything.i have tried the disk part with cmd and it doesn't work and the disk registry doesn't work either must I throw it away?I don't no if it has something to do...
  10. Write Protected USB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Write Protected USB: Hi, Yesterday I just bought a HP 32gb flash drive. And when I tried to connect it with my laptop, immediately It shows a pop up message to Format the USB first, tried formatting it with the default method (by right clicking and selecting the format option) . then it...