Windows 10: BSOD when Xbox headset is turned on / plugged in

Discus and support BSOD when Xbox headset is turned on / plugged in in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have been having issues for the past few months with a hyperx wireless xbox headset. It has a USB dongle which works with my computer, however... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Porter Hendrix, Oct 6, 2022.

1. BSOD when Xbox headset is turned on / plugged in

Hello, I have been having issues for the past few months with a hyperx wireless xbox headset. It has a USB dongle which works with my computer, however at random it will disconnect and I will have to replug the USB. I wasn't very annoyed at that, however recently as in the past 3 or 4 months it has been causing BSODs. I know these are caused by the headset because they often list xboxgip.sys as the reason, and they only happen when the headset is plugged in and turned on. I've tried doing sfc /scannow a couple months ago, but it didn't seem to help at all. I will attach 4 minidump files once

:)

Porter Hendrix, Oct 6, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

Plug in and Game on with the New Xbox Stereo Headset

Source: Plug in and Game on with the New Xbox Stereo Headset - Xbox Wire

Brink, Oct 6, 2022
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue BSOD when Xbox headset is turned on / plugged in :p

cadaveca, Oct 6, 2022
  4. HI5-O Win User

BSOD when Xbox headset is turned on / plugged in

Headset Microphone Not Working on Windows via Xbox Elite Controller

I have my Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller plugged into my PC running Windows 11 via USB. I use a Razer Kraken X Lite headset plugged into that controller via the 3.5mm TRRS audio jack. I am able to hear audio but cannot get the microphone to work. Windows shows both the "Headphones (Xbox Controller)" and "Headset Microphone (Xbox Controller)" under the Audio inputs, as well as the "Xbox One Controller" under the Xbox Peripherals section of the Device Manager. All drivers were automatically installed and show as correct.

I have tried:

• Resetting my computer
    • Deleting the devices in Device Manager and reconnecting
    • Making sure Windows and the Xbox controller is up-to-date
    • Testing the headset, which works when plugged into the controller on my Xbox console
    • Plugging in the headset to a splitter directly to the computer, which works but is VERY soft and unusable (even at full audio strength)
    Hoping someone has some idea what I can try besides the things I've already found listed above. Thanks in advance for your help!

HI5-O, Oct 6, 2022
Thema:

BSOD when Xbox headset is turned on / plugged in

1. BSOD when Xbox headset is turned on / plugged in - Similar Threads - BSOD Xbox headset

2. bsod when plugging in xbox controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bsod when plugging in xbox controller: got a bsod for about 0.1 of a second then it rebooted.this is what i got in event viewer:- <System> <Provider Name="volmgr" /> <EventID Qualifiers="49156">161</EventID> <Version>0</Version> <Level>2</Level> <Task>0</Task> <Opcode>0</Opcode>...
  3. bsod when plugging in xbox controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bsod when plugging in xbox controller: got a bsod for about 0.1 of a second then it rebooted.this is what i got in event viewer:- <System> <Provider Name="volmgr" /> <EventID Qualifiers="49156">161</EventID> <Version>0</Version> <Level>2</Level> <Task>0</Task> <Opcode>0</Opcode>...
  4. BSOD when Xbox headset is turned on / plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when Xbox headset is turned on / plugged in: Hello, I have been having issues for the past few months with a hyperx wireless xbox headset. It has a USB dongle which works with my computer, however at random it will disconnect and I will have to replug the USB. I wasn't very annoyed at that, however recently as in the...
  5. BSOD when Xbox headset is turned on / plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when Xbox headset is turned on / plugged in: Hello, I have been having issues for the past few months with a hyperx wireless xbox headset. It has a USB dongle which works with my computer, however at random it will disconnect and I will have to replug the USB. I wasn't very annoyed at that, however recently as in the...
  6. Headset not working when plugged in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Headset not working when plugged in: So i have this problem with my headset, when i plug it in, the sound does not transfer to my headphone, i have confirmed that this is my devices fault and not my headset, what i do to counter this is by going into About Your Pc, System Info, Advanced system settings, hardware...
  7. Connection issues when headset is plugged into Xbox Series X controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connection issues when headset is plugged into Xbox Series X controller: I recently bought the Xbox Series X controller with the wireless adapter for Windows. Using it on my PC without a headset is fine, it works as intended. However when I plug my headset into the controller to talk to people while playing, the controller loses its connection...
  8. Headset makes static noise when plugged into xbox headset connected to pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset makes static noise when plugged into xbox headset connected to pc.: As title says, im getting static noise, when just the day before it was working perfectly. If anyone can help me solve this, it would be greatly appreciated....
  9. Mic is detected when plugged into pc, but not when plugged into my headset.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mic is detected when plugged into pc, but not when plugged into my headset.: If I plug my microphone directly into my pc, and I select mic in, Windows 10 detects it and it works fine. If I plug in my headset into my pc, and select headphone, windows 10 detects my headset but not my microphone when I connect it to the headset. It says “no input device...
  10. Headset mic "not plugged in" when it clearly is

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headset mic "not plugged in" when it clearly is: Hi, I am having a problem with the microphone on my headset not being detected by my computer. Windows tells me that there is no microphone plugged in when I have clearly done so. I have a sennheiser headset with separate audio/mic jacks, connected to an adapter that feeds...