Windows 10: BSOD While browsing internet and blue screen never restarts after 100%

Discus and support BSOD While browsing internet and blue screen never restarts after 100% in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been blue screening for a week and a half now on and off. The first time it happened I was just browsing the web. It gave me the blue screen and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by cowlicker12, Dec 29, 2017.

1. BSOD While browsing internet and blue screen never restarts after 100%

I've been blue screening for a week and a half now on and off. The first time it happened I was just browsing the web. It gave me the blue screen and said it was collecting info. The percentage reached 100% but never restarteed, so I held down the power button to restart. I think the problem is my second hard drive. The main hard drive I use is the C:\ drive, but I have another hard drive (B:\ drive) that had my old Windows installation. I use this B:\ drive purely as storage. Sometimes my computer doesn't recognize it, so I think there might be a problem with it that is causing Windows to blue screen. I can provide more info upon request.

:)

cowlicker12, Dec 29, 2017

2. Blue Screen after unplugging HDMI and on battery power

Thanks for the reply! Much appreciated. Interestingly, there is no mini dump file after these blue screens. Where a typical blue screen will go from 0 to 100% while gathering information, these stay at zero and never change....

AndyKaufmanPMP, Dec 29, 2017
  3. BSOD System Failures due to Security Error and KMODE Exception not Handled

Dear Support,

I have just encountered two back to back BSOD failures with below reasons:

- Failure when I entered bitlocker key at start-up. It accepted it but instantly went to blue screen and took a restart.

- During normal internet browsing after above restart, it again showed blue screen and failed with error KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. What failed: NFS.sys

Can someone please help to check these further. I have collected required data including MiniDump, Memory.DMP and MSInfo32 outputs. Please let me know whom to share the link of that data.

Best Regards,,,

Jahan Zaib Saleem, Dec 29, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

BSOD While browsing internet and blue screen never restarts after 100%

Ztruker, Dec 29, 2017
  5. Ok I redid the collection using the beta tool. I've attached it to this reply.

cowlicker12, Jan 1, 2018
  6. Ztruker Win User
    That's better but no dumps. Are you running a program that cleans your hard drive, like CCleaner? If so, stop using it until this is resolved as you are deleting files we need to resolve the problem. I don't see it in the list of installed software but thought I'd check anyway.

There should have been a 12/28/2017 6:48 PM C:\Windows\Minidump\122817-51640-01.dmp file.

Event log shows a seven day hole from 12/23 to 12/30 when the computer was not used.

Code: Event[55512]: Log Name: System Source: Disk Date: 2017-12-23T07:24:01.322 Event ID: 154 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-PNPLNPE Description: The IO operation at logical block address 0x1981678 for Disk 1 (PDO name: \Device\00000077) failed due to a hardware error. Event[55513]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-General Date: 2017-12-30T14:14:59.058 Event ID: 12 Task: N/A Level: Information Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-PNPLNPE Description: The operating system started at system time ?2017?-?12?-?30T20:14:58.499490100Z.[/quote] The Event log shows a tom of errors like:

The IO operation at logical block address 0x1981678 for Disk 1 (PDO name: \Device\00000077) failed due to a hardware error

so it's pretty likely that hard drive has a serious problem.

*Arrow Run HDTune to test your hard drive(s)

• check the health,
    • scan for errors, not quick scan but full scan
    • run a benchmark.

You can also try the various options available with chkdsk.

Ztruker, Jan 2, 2018
  7. The Event log shows a tom of errors like:

The IO operation at logical block address 0x1981678 for Disk 1 (PDO name: \Device\00000077) failed due to a hardware error

so it's pretty likely that hard drive has a serious problem.

*Arrow Run HDTune to test your hard drive(s)

• check the health,
    • scan for errors, not quick scan but full scan
    • run a benchmark.

You can also try the various options available with chkdsk.[/quote] Ok here are the results of HDTune. I am going to restart my laptop now and the command "chkdsk C: /f" will run. After that, I can redo the beta tool to see if it will create a dmp file.

BSOD While browsing internet and blue screen never restarts after 100% [​IMG]

cowlicker12, Jan 3, 2018
  8. Ztruker Win User

If you have more than one hard drive, run HDTUNE on all of them.

Ztruker, Jan 3, 2018
  9. Ok so I ran on the other hard drive (B:\ drive) and it looks very problematic. The results are listed below, but I'm not sure how this is causing the problem because it isn't my main drive. I don't run Windows from this drive, I only use it as a large storage space really.

The error scan:

The health scan didn't return anything:

The benchmarks results:
    Read

Write

cowlicker12, Jan 3, 2018
  10. Ztruker Win User
    It's still connected to the system and being accessed on a regular basis. It's where all the errors in even viewer were coming from.

Disconnect it for now and see if that makes any difference.

Ztruker, Jan 4, 2018
  11. Ok I'll remove it, but just to be clear: you want me to physically remove drive and then just go about my regular use and wait for another blue screen?

cowlicker12, Jan 4, 2018
  12. Ztruker Win User
    Yes, disconnect the power and signal cables.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD While browsing internet and blue screen never restarts after 100% - Similar Threads - BSOD While browsing

2. Computer restarting at random times when browsing, in idle, but never while in game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer restarting at random times when browsing, in idle, but never while in game.: Hello,Encountering this annoying issue where my PC would randomly restart and it happens now for a few months, every day i use PC, but while i play games it never happens unless i alt tab browsing. It started when i replaced my GPU from 1070 to 4080, but am not sure if GPU is...
  3. Computer restarting at random times when browsing, in idle, but never while in game.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer restarting at random times when browsing, in idle, but never while in game.: Hello,Encountering this annoying issue where my PC would randomly restart and it happens now for a few months, every day i use PC, but while i play games it never happens unless i alt tab browsing. It started when i replaced my GPU from 1070 to 4080, but am not sure if GPU is...
  4. BSOD while browsing firefox

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while browsing firefox: I will try and give all the info I can think of I dont know if it might help you. New pc I built a few days ago,specs: #asrock b450m pro 4 #Ryzen 3200g #Corsair cx450 power supply #Seagate barracuda hdd #2x4 3000mhz team group ram (only one stick working) #tp link WN881ND...
  5. Random BSOD while browsing internet

Random BSOD while browsing internet: HI i am having this random BSOD while just browsing internet and while playing some games. Most of the time it seems that ntoskrnl.exe and tcpip.sys is causing the BSOD when i checked with BlueScreenView. bug check string Bad_Pool_Header and Bad_Pool_Caller. Seems...
  6. BSOD while browsing internet and then cant restart.

BSOD while browsing internet and then cant restart.: Happy New Year to all. Computer has been acting up it seems after every Windows 10 update. I had to unplug my external 2nd monitor adapter but now it will happen just browsing as well then gets BSOD, restarts, says it's attempting automatic repair, then BSOD, and repeats...
  7. Several BSODs while gaming and browsing the internet

Several BSODs while gaming and browsing the internet: For the past month my PC, out of nowhere and with no warnings, started getting daily bluescreens. At times it was 1 bluescreen a week for 2 weeks, then suddenly I was being bombarded with bluescreens every day, reaching the count of at least a dozen a day. Most frequent ones...
  8. BSOD while Browsing the Internet/Streaming Videos

BSOD while Browsing the Internet/Streaming Videos: Hello all, I have had an issue of my computer Blue screening multiple times over the past few weeks. The frequency has increased and I cannot replicate the issue on demand, it comes and goes by itself. The first time I noticed this was when my computer BSODed when I was...
  9. BSOD while browsing on Chrome

BSOD while browsing on Chrome: Hello everyone. I have been having issues with a Ryzen new build. First, I installed the OS and looked for updates, and had a couple of BSOD when installing GPU's drivers, so I updated to last mobo's BIOS, but it keep happening. Then checked everything was set up in place and...
  10. BSOD / 0x00000124 / while browsing internet

BSOD / 0x00000124 / while browsing internet: I was browsing internet and i suddenly got bsdod. Screen stopped responding and after few moments i got this blue screen. [img] System: CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V-LX GPU: GTX 750Ti PSU: XFX Core Edition Pro 550W RAM: 8GB Gskill Ripjaws DDR3 1600MHz...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows blue screen but never restarts