Windows 10: BSOD While CPU Under Load

Discus and support BSOD While CPU Under Load in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi All, I've been bashing my head against the wall trying to figure out this intermittent BSOD issue I have. It seems to mostly happening while the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kreshnek, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Kreshnek Win User

BSOD While CPU Under Load

Hi All,

I've been bashing my head against the wall trying to figure out this intermittent BSOD issue I have. It seems to mostly happening while the CPU is under intense load, but isn't really consistent. For example I played Destiny 2 pretty heavily for a few days without issue at more or less max settings, but trying to run a video render or even just playing WoW Classic while having Amazon Prime Video open on the other screen causing the system to crash out.

Typical BSOD analytical tools like WhoCrashed and BlueScreen viewer aren't really pointing to anything other than ntoskrnl.exe and ntkrnlmp.exe as the culprits.

I've tried running MemTest86+, which returned no errors after 11 passes, Intel's Processor Diagnostic utility, which passed all tests without issue, and FurMark, which also passed with no issue.

Prime95 however will not run a single test without a failure or system crash. I've run Smallest, Small, Large and Blend tests and they all either BSOD or crash the application itself.

I'm thinking I might have a bad CPU, but really would like a fresh set of eyes on this before having to put the money down to replace it.

Here's a OneDrive link to the collected logs:
    Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Thanks for the assistance!

:)

Kreshnek, Sep 11, 2019

2. BSOD when CPU under load, not caused by high temps.

Hi all,
    I have posted here before about BSOD issues and I thought they had stopped after your help.
    Alas, they have returned with a vengeance. The BSODs usually happen when the CPU is under load, they happen often when playing DotA 2 and every time when running wprime. I have ran wprime in conjunction with Hwmonitor in order to observe the CPU getting to 55C when at 100% load.
    I have a closed loop water cooler (corsair H60) on my CPU and it is not overclocked.
    My GPU is an R9 280X powercolor turboduo, which I have not touched OC-wise.
    PSU is a corsair CX 600W
    Mobo is an Asrock Fatality Z97X killer
    RAM is Kingston HyperX beast not OCed
    Dump files attached here: Attachment 34981
    I believe I have followed all the steps suggested in my previous post over at 8forums (same machine, updated OS):
    http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-cras...l-37213-a.html

If I need to provide any more information please just let me know.
    Thank you.
    Update: Processor has just passed intel processor diagnostic tool test. -running more tests now

Adamantoise, Sep 11, 2019
  3. SerhiyIA Win User
    'System and compressed memory' on ASUS G75VY notebook load CPU always on 16%

thank you for your reply!

here what I did:

1. disabled non-microsoft services, disabled all applications in startup list

result: after restart "system and compressed memory" still gain 17% CPU

2. ran PC into safe mode ( just to see what happens )

result: CPU load is 0% for "system and compressed memory"

3. ran PC in normal mode

result: CPU load is 0% for "system and compressed memory"

as we can see from step 1, the problem probably is not in applications ?

what would you suggest in this case ?

looking forward for your answer

SerhiyIA, Sep 11, 2019
  4. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

1. BSOD While CPU Under Load - Similar Threads - BSOD While CPU

2. BSOD while CPU on low load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD while CPU on low load: I have AMD Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, a few months after using this PC it started freezing and gettings BSOD errors, always different errors all related to memory it always happens when CPU is under 20% utilization.I did RAM tests and SSD tests, tried taking off RAM sticks and putting...
  3. BSOD while CPU on low load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while CPU on low load: I have AMD Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, a few months after using this PC it started freezing and gettings BSOD errors, always different errors all related to memory it always happens when CPU is under 20% utilization.I did RAM tests and SSD tests, tried taking off RAM sticks and putting...
  4. BSOD while CPU on low load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. cpu bsod under load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cpu bsod under load: my E5-2680v2 pc keeps crashing when putting load on cpu, cpu doing 50c and 80w, have tried these so far:-psu change-resetting bios-driver download-few others heres eventdata and dmp:issue.zip onedrive link<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">-...
  6. cpu bsod under load

cpu bsod under load: my E5-2680v2 pc keeps crashing when putting load on cpu, cpu doing 50c and 80w, have tried these so far:-psu change-resetting bios-driver download-few others heres eventdata and dmp:issue.zip onedrive link<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">-...
  7. cpu bsod under load

8. System Idle Process while CPU under load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Idle Process while CPU under load: I understand why Task Manager / Details will show System Idle Process taking a large share of the the CPU activity when the CPU activity is very low. But that is not what I am experiencing at the moment.I am currently running some Excel VBA macros, which will take a few hours...
  9. System Idle Process while CPU under load

System Idle Process while CPU under load: I understand why Task Manager / Details will show System Idle Process taking a large share of the the CPU activity when the CPU activity is very low. But that is not what I am experiencing at the moment.I am currently running some Excel VBA macros, which will take a few hours...
  10. System Idle Process while CPU under load